HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

791EE361-DB18-48DE-8AAD-DCFB615BFC93.jpeg

Wore these yesterday.

I've heard people who have owned SL10Hs for a while though say they either squeak way too much or have also seen others say the leather wears in nicely over time...

I think I was the one who mentioned that as well as a couple others in this thread.

It depends which year you bought them in. I have an all black pair from when SLP first came out/changed from YSL (2013?2014?) and the shoes have held up very well for the past 4-5 years with just shoe trees. I just don't wear them as often these days since I've bought several pairs of black boots since then.

The black/red pair I bought in 2016 though...I have to soak it in leather conditioner and put baby powder under the insoles every couple of times I wear it. I tried to see if the sound would go away after a break in period, but I wore them damn near 2 months straight with frequent 1-2 mile walks in them, and that damn squeak was still there. I wear them once every few months now due to how much effort I have to put into not having them squeak.

It's hard to get rid of them because I like the look and silhouette of what's basically a more "formal" version of the Jordan 1, but honestly I should've just bought the Jordans instead. It's sad when Jordans have better quality than a luxury brand sneaker :lol:

I'm still waiting on a sale or good price point for the Balenciaga Race runner. 44.5 - 45.

White, black, and light grey are my top 3

Just need to cop the white and black then I’m set for a few years. Just wanna get them for cheap like they used to sell for a few years ago.

Rarely go on steep discount anymore

Ya that's true. CPs almost having that cult followin now and seem to just be increasing in popularity. Those kind of items usually go on sale for like 20-30% off nowadays. I need a pair of the white myself but will wait for a deeper discount as well.

Ya that's true. CPs almost having that cult followin now and seem to just be increasing in popularity. Those kind of items usually go on sale for like 20-30% off nowadays. I need a pair of the white myself but will wait for a deeper discount as well.

I'm trying to off a pair of white achilles mids for a reasonable price and not much interest. Maybe if they were lows I would have better luck.

resale on them isn't too good (being mids doesn.t help) because most of them go on sale these days

a few years back when it wasn't the go to all white lows, they were selling well for retail

now, even the all whites go on sale

What does everyone think of Greats Brand? in particular their Royale all white/all black/all grey. They seem to going toward more CP themed colorways for less than half the price, just not sure of their quality.

Givenchy uses even worse leather than SLP in my opinion. The givenchy sneakers I've handled all felt plasticky and although I'd have to agree that the SL10H leather isn't the best, it's still not the worst by any stretch of the imagination. The SLP leather on the SL10H and the SL01 are laminated calfskin which I assume Givenchy also does. That's why they don't always have the most supple feel. They feel more hardened and stiff in some areas and have a glossy finish due to the lamination. I've heard people who have owned SL10Hs for a while though say they either squeak way too much or have also seen others say the leather wears in nicely over time...

My vote would be for CPs as well. They are the standard for low top white leather sneakers imo because the silhouette is just right for what you want in a low top white sneaker. The materials on CPs are also very good and the leather is softer. I honestly don't mind the plasticky kind of leather on a couple pairs of my sneakers since I actually find they're quite resilient and age pretty well.

Very helpful thank you. that makes sense re: leather being laminated ..My wife has a pair of brown CP's and the leather is amazing on them think they are the CP premiums ..if you recall we got them a few weeks ago at the Barneys outlet.. i just realized they are the Premium versions .. leather on those is 100!.. .thanks all for the input

Looking for some low top all whites

How do the leathers on Givency sneakers hold up over time?
I'll prob stay away from SLP's because i know based off my personal pair of breds the leather will probably not age that well..

Will be looking at:
  • CP's
  • Givency
  • LV's

Anything else worth considering? I'm inclined to think that the CPs and LVs will wear in the nicest ..

How much you tryna spend and size???

Can anyone tell me if designer eyes is the real deal? I seen then got a store in nyc in the wtc, so I’m assuming they’re legit. They have Cartier online, and apparently someone told me u can’t buy it online. I have no way to purchase Cartier being not near a major city

How much you tryna spend and size???

Price is contingent on the shoe.. recently copped some LV's but had to return cause they were .5 too small.. itching for an all white sneaker.. going back to vegas in a few weeks so I'll be taking a fresh look. hit the dm's thx!

Can anyone tell me if designer eyes is the real deal? I seen then got a store in nyc in the wtc, so I’m assuming they’re legit. They have Cartier online, and apparently someone told me u can’t buy it online. I have no way to purchase Cartier being not near a major city

you can buy Cartier shades and glasses on their own website, Cartier.com and i do believe that website is an AD, Matches sells their shades too

they are made by Kering just like Gucci and SLP (yah, actually not made by Luxotica for a change) so they are more accessible in comparison to their jewelry

you can buy Cartier shades and glasses on their own website, Cartier.com and i do believe that website is an AD, Matches sells their shades too

they are made by Kering just like Gucci and SLP (yah, actually not made by Luxotica for a change) so they are more accessible in comparison to their jewelry
Thanks for the oop on matches. I’m talking bout the glasses though for a script. Can anybody tell me if designer eyes is legit cause the only store I went to charges 1300 for the frames + almost 400+ for the script. The same frame is 900 on that site. I think the store I looked at up chareged since they the only one in the city

Back
Top Bottom