HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Could someone who has the current version of the SL/10H comment on how they break in? I just received mine and the leather seems much harder than my pair from a couple years ago.

They'll get more comfortable, but be prepared to drench them in leather conditioner and baby powder unless you want the loudest squeaks ever heard in a sneaker

I bought the black/red pair a couple years back as an alternative to the AJ1, and I honestly should've just gone with the Jordans. My black pair from the very first SLP release has held up very well though with zero squeaks or major creasing/fading.

They'll get more comfortable, but be prepared to drench them in leather conditioner and baby powder unless you want the loudest squeaks ever heard in a sneaker

I bought the black/red pair a couple years back as an alternative to the AJ1, and I honestly should've just gone with the Jordans. My black pair from the very first SLP release has held up very well though with zero squeaks or major creasing/fading.
Thanks. I don't really mind the squeaking. I'll get the AJ1s eventually, but these just seemed sleeker....

Thanks. I don't really mind the squeaking. I'll get the AJ1s eventually, but these just seemed sleeker....

Yeah that's why I haven't gotten rid of my pair. It's a much more "formal" AJ1. I just don't wear them as much because of how much the squeaking annoys me and how much effort I have to put in for them to not squeak for a couple of wears.

Quick iPhone of the new news.

Personally think this color of the SSS is sick as hell. FoG kicks I passed on the black toe looking color for these. :smokin

DD2C23E7-371E-423A-B9A0-A0F80E21A19D.jpeg

Interesting. My pair was from 2016 I think. Got them from barneys. No squeaks and the leather almost has a polished feel to it. Some of the newer pairs I’ve seen in hand have a texture to them. Idk how else to explain it.

09ECFBBE-FE56-484F-9844-AC9F900E298C.jpeg

Interesting. My pair was from 2016 I think. Got them from barneys. No squeaks and the leather almost has a polished feel to it. Some of the newer pairs I’ve seen in hand have a texture to them. Idk how else to explain it.

09ECFBBE-FE56-484F-9844-AC9F900E298C.jpeg
The 2017s definitely have a more matte surface.

Louis Vuitton Unveils Its First Men's Fragrance Collection

louis-vuitton-mens-fragrance-collection-1.jpg

L’Immesité — described as “an infinite inner journey” — is a sharp-edged concentration of freshness that blends “the bitterness of grapefruit with ginger, labdanum and an overdose of ambroxan, an addictive and sensual amber note.”

Nouveau Monde — “an homage to explorers” — is inspired by Mayan chocolate in Guatemala and the suave side of cocoa. “The leathery sent of oud mingles with cocoa and incense, all the while granting the saffron enough space to express its energy.”

Orage — “The almighty nature of the elements” — captures nature’s raw force in a woody fragrance that mixes the “elegance of iris with a patchouli heart.” The scent ends on a gentle, musky note with hints of bergamot and the buried roots of Javanese vetiver.

Sur La Route — “a life path, a lesson in self” — is a versatile scent that blends Calabrian citrus, cedar, lemon, bergamot and Peruvian balsam, finished off with a “few blades of freshly cut grass that give the perfume its raw, green accent.”

Au Hasard — “a taste for risk” — embodies the olfactory qualities of the now-unattainable Indian sandalwood, fused with “the spicy vibrations of cardamom mix” and the fruity radiance of ambrette.

Louis Vuitton Men’s fragrance collection will be launched worldwide on May 31.

The pair I just got in March does have a "rubbery or plasticky matte looking finish" to the leather. I also noticed something that may not have any significance but when you look at the back of the sneakers....past models of the SL10H never had the color strip coming all the way down the back but I noticed my gold pair has it coming down to where the rubber sole is. Could just be seasonal change etc but I noticed it. My pair also doesn't have a suede lined tongue and you can see that the bottom pair does. Leather quality you can notice a bit in the pic. The older models probably have a more shiny and supple leather.

My 2017 pair,
$_59.JPG $_59.JPG

Previous models,

sl_gd_4.jpg

Last edited:
The pair I just got in March does have a "rubbery or plasticky matte looking finish" to the leather. I also noticed something that may not have any significance but when you look at the back of the sneakers....past models of the SL10H never had the color strip coming all the way down the back but I noticed my gold pair has it coming down to where the rubber sole is. Could just be seasonal change etc but I noticed it. My pair also doesn't have a suede lined tongue and you can see that the bottom pair does. Leather quality you can notice a bit in the pic. The older models probably have a more shiny and supple leather.

My 2017 pair,
$_59.JPG $_59.JPG

Previous models,

sl_gd_4.jpg
The stripe on the back is new to the 2017 models. I have it on my new BRED pair.

How are you liking your pair?

The stripe on the back is new to the 2017 models. I have it on my new BRED pair.

How are you liking your pair?

I’ve only worn them a handful of times. I like them though and the black/metallic gold combo is more wearable than I initially thought. Like a lot have been saying about the leather on the newer pairs...it isn’t really supple leather but a laminated or plasticky feeling calf skin. I actually think they’ll keep shape and age decently though because when sneakers have leather that’s super soft, they usually lose shape and break down faster. I can’t say I wanna would pay $595 for them but I got my pair for $230 so they are 100% worth it at that price.

Haha - thanks brother, Neil Barrett.. my favorite designer lately, that or I'm just addicted to neoprene.. just feels so good.

Haha - thanks brother, Neil Barrett.. my favorite designer lately, that or I'm just addicted to neoprene.. just feels so good.
same designer as ur grey scuba sweater right? when u back man. we gotta chill. ive been MIA

Back
Top Bottom