HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

no, but they've been inching closer and closer, this covid stuff made it worse

heard Nordstrom might be filling sooner or later too

filing a chapter 11 means re-organization and to make plans to repay their debts and at times they are given some relief to keep the business going

these y3 slides looks hella comfy
1587320362101.jpeg

1587320380139.jpeg

1587320409025.jpeg

really?

seems like almost anything i order from them or bergdorf ships from the dallas store

the mens section in the topanga store is kind of terrible the past few years though it did get better recently

It's pretty bad. I work downtown, so I go to the headquarter shop every now and then on my lunch break. Shoe selection is decent, but they do a poor job stocking their men's department. I've bought more from Forty Five Ten across the street.

All of them are gonna crumble and its been long overdue. Had they adjusted long ago they might have survived. Time to move to strictly online.

Some luxury boutiques will survive. Online shopping is cool and everything but nothing like copping in store imo

Makes you wonder how stores in other countries are doing. Harrod’s and Selfridges come to mind from London. Harrod’s was very fancy, like BG on super steroids. Selfridges was like Barneys on steroids.

Makes you wonder how stores in other countries are doing. Harrod’s and Selfridges come to mind from London.Harrods c Harrod’s was very fancy, like BG on super steroids. Selfridges was like Barneys on steroids.
Aside from not being able to sell their fancy roast chicken and hot chocolates in store, I'm sure Harrods will survive. Same for Selfridges.

Aside from not being able to sell their fancy roast chicken and hot chocolates in store, I'm sure Harrods will survive. Same for Selfridges.

My guess is that also, wonder what those stores are doing vs here in the states. Is just that they get more business being closer to certain countries or they have more money in general in the UK to throw around?

filing a chapter 11 means re-organization and to make plans to repay their debts and at times they are given some relief to keep the business going

these y3 slides looks hella comfy
1587320362101.jpeg

1587320380139.jpeg

1587320409025.jpeg
They on sale now for 50% off at concepts but they don’t have size 13 🤦🏾‍♂️

Its just a lot harder ordering online from overseas.

USA has so much more online options that people are used to getting everything online.

A lot of stores don’t offer tax free and the customs charge from some online stores are annoying

Its just a lot harder ordering online from overseas.

USA has so much more online options that people are used to getting everything online.

A lot of stores don’t offer tax free and the customs charge from some online stores are annoying
Ordering from overseas? You can spend up to $1600 duty free. You also don't get charged tax. I've ordered a number of items from Europe and never really ran into any trouble.

Ordering from overseas? You can spend up to $1600 duty free. You also don't get charged tax. I've ordered a number of items from Europe and never really ran into any trouble.
Yea it’s different for every country I ain’t gonna spend an extra $100 for $300 dollar shoes.

definitely depends where, ssense from canada charges tax now too, matches charges you customs fees upfront

still gon suck seeing these stores eventually close down, barneys was a decent source or items and had decent sale including a hook-up in here

if nm, bergdorf and nordstrom closes, that cuts down resources and more sources for sale, not just places where i can try sh*t on but just more stores to compete for sales, this past season bg and nm had 10% cashback on ebates

these b&ms also provide a good and easy in-store returns, ive known people who lost returned packages so it took forever to get their refund

farfetch is a great source but if the item is hyped up, its also marked up

Some luxury boutiques will survive. Online shopping is cool and everything but nothing like copping in store imo

yeah def some but IMO the big boys are going down in the US one by one. It’s sad to see since trying & copping in store is always better but it is what it is.

as for the ones like the off stores up in Woodbury commons etc. those will still be around and see big inventory come in.

yeah def some but IMO the big boys are going down in the US one by one. It’s sad to see since trying & copping in store is always better but it is what it is.

as for the ones like the off stores up in Woodbury commons etc. those will still be around and see big inventory come in.
A lot of **** gonna touch the outlets post pandemic you think??

Back
Top Bottom