HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Nobody said you have to like the way it looks. Taste is subjective.

The point is that when you understand the intention behind a design, it helps elevate said design. That’s all.

edit: I should say it *can* help elevate said design. The colors are intentional and mean something, which for some makes a difference.
Bruh… that’s exactly what you’re saying or at the very least implying. Cause getting called a hypebeast and a fashionista for not liking something isn’t a compliment.

Someone can understand exactly what it means for Virgil to have made the jacket and still not like it. And even if they don’t know anything about Virgil or the history or culture, just seeing something and not liking it doesn’t make you a hypebeast. Same way I can understand what it meant for a black and gay man to make the top country song but that doesn’t mean I liked old town road. Does that make me a hypebeast or a poser or whatever the musical equivalent of a fashionista is?

Bruh… that’s exactly what you’re saying or at the very least implying. Cause getting called a hypebeast and a fashionista for not liking something isn’t a compliment.

Someone can understand exactly what it means for Virgil to have made the jacket and still not like it. And even if they don’t know anything about Virgil or the history or culture, just seeing something and not liking it doesn’t make you a hypebeast. Same way I can understand what it meant for a black and gay man to make the top country song but that doesn’t mean I liked old town road. Does that make me a hypebeast or a poser or whatever the musical equivalent of a fashionista is?

Maybe I should’ve just said that the average, non-black person into fashion likely won’t connect to a design like that on a level deeper than just colors and design cues. AND THAT’S OKAY. On the flipside, not every black person is gonna be in love with designs that reference black culture, even if they understand the intent. AND THAT’S OKAY. But it doesn’t make my initial statement any less true.

Enough about this jacket I’m never going to own. 😂

fog alternative
prada.jpeg

Like I said the colors are the colors for a reason. I’m not debating anyone if it’s fire or not.. it’s fire in our eyes just because a black man was able to do this at Louis Vuitton to begin with. I don’t think alot of y’all get what’s really going on here this is big! I still can’t believe the ****.

Im a big fan of Virgils but it aint that deep to say he was a black man doing what he did at LV yadda yadda.

All im saying is that those colors with that jacket is whack. Purely aesthetics. No minding no backstory or whatever. Literally, thats it. :lol:

Nobody said you have to like the way it looks. Taste is subjective.

The point is that when you understand the intention behind a design, it helps elevate said design. That’s all.

edit: I should say it *can* help elevate said design. The colors are intentional and mean something, which for some makes a difference.

Agreed, though at the end of the day, for the most part it comes down to how it looks, colors etc. I just dont like the green and yellow together in this case.

Seems like all the seeded pairs of those AF1s are just different colorways of that debossed monogram print. Still very dope, but I’m hoping we see the other versions get produced too.

Would love to get the LV AF1 but with only 3 10.5?for auction. I know the price is going to be crazy.

Back
Top Bottom