high school girls b-ball team loses 0-100

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

[h1]Lafayette, West Point girls win[/h1] January 23, 2009 HIGH SCHOOLS - In girls basketball, Endi Frazier scored 13 points to lead Lafayette past host Jamestown 52-33. Jessica Napoleon led Jamestown with 15. ... Kiera Gaines had 23 points, 10 assists, 12 rebounds and eight blocks to lead West Point past Middlesex 67-50. ... Jennifer Ewing scored 20 points as Alliance Christian got a 46-43 victory at Metro Conference rival Williamsburg Christian Academy. Becca Perkins, who scored 15 points for WCA, missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Libby Timmer led WCA (8-8, 2-7) with 22 points. ... Jo Stevenson scored 19 points as Denbigh Baptist (8-4, 5-3 Metro) topped Isle of Wight Academy 49-34. ... Norfolk Academy held off Walsingham 47-41. ... Officials from a school that won a 100-0 girls game, Covenant of Dallas, say they are apologizing and seeking to forfeit the game to the Dallas Academy, which has just 20 girls in its school and eight on the team. ..

pretty poor sportsmanship on the winning coach's part...

oh..and to note....they were up by 59-0 by the 1st half ...so they decided to full court press starting the 2nd half....
and another thing...the losing team is from a school that specializes in teaching kids with learning disabilities.

Learning disabilities huh????......I've seen someone with downs syndrome score 4 to 6 points before. Ii don't think that matters......if you had saidit was from a school that specializes in teaching children with my fingers or hands....that I could understand.

man what the !%*# do they feel bad for its a sport, I wouldn't be forfeiting #!++

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.
the good news is that some of the girls thought they lost 0-001.

When asked if the loss will change the way she views the game, Dallas Academy Senior shooting guard Misty Adams said "Oh look! Popcorn!"

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Have any of yall ever watched a bad girls HS team play?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The other team should have at least stopped their full court press, but they're complaining about them taking 3pt shots? I'm sure the girls have a shot clock as well so they have to shoot the ball eventually, I'd rather them shoot a 3 than a layup...
Maybe they should get rid of the bball program....
Exactly....and what kind of school only has 20 students?

a school that specializes in teaching students with special needs.....
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by vctry20

Originally Posted by KoolKatz

i can't tell which is worser the bball girls team or d lions
your grammer is making a case for itself

Lol, you're a funny guy or girl. It's kind of hypocritical of you to say his "grammar" is bad when you can't even spell grammar LOL.Your hypocrisy just made a case for itself. Other than that 100-0 is way beyond murking, that's like 2k9 status lol.

didn't that kid who went on a 3-point hot streak, last year, have some kind of disability? dude had a segment on ESPN, he even has a spot in that gatoradeG commercial.

there is no excuse for 8 girls not scoring a single point in a hour in a half game. instead of plays, coach should have drawn up formations to get the ballhandler to the rim. to do away with "ball slapping", they should have encircled the best shooter and walked up the court in that formation. thatwould have insured one bucket a least.

Classless dude, thats just wrong. Not funny at all.
indifferent.gif

Not all special needs teams are horrible, my brother here in the Bronx plays NYI, which is a special needs school. Their basketball team (JV elementary school)2 years ago was nice as hell.

My County use to have a Special Olympics b ball game, and it was hosted at my school so i helped Volunteer. It was cats dunking and stuff I was like
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bballah3

This isnt related to holding a team to 0 but the score reminded me of some funny memories....

My brothers AAU team in 6th, 7th, 8th grade would go up against teams in tournaments that shouldn't of been there and beat them by over 100 points....kids would go home crying...parents from the other team would be screaming for my bro's team to "stop playing so rough" and "let them score".....it was pure comedy....One time they were beating some kids in 8th grade by about 80 or 90 points and some dad walked onto the court and took his kid by the hand and they went home
laugh.gif
mayne ive read your story about 3 -4 times and each time it gets better.. love it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

so what they lost 100-0 thats not the worst part..the worst part is that this is all over the news, local- regional- and national. I mean cmon really? is thissomething that really has to be on cnn.com?

classless media

Aww, let's leave themn alone.

They're just like cute high school girls trying enjoy playing basketball.

Not trying to go to WNBA or something. which I don't recommand.

are these schools not aligned properly in their divisions? i mean thats like a one A school from a town of 200 people competing against a 3A or 4A powerschool. ive never seen that sort of thing before

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

are these schools not aligned properly in their divisions? i mean thats like a one A school from a town of 200 people competing against a 3A or 4A power school. ive never seen that sort of thing before
There aren't many small schools like Dallas Academy in the DFW area.
laugh.gif

Who else would they be playing against?

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.
the good news is that some of the girls thought they lost 0-001.

When asked if the loss will change the way she views the game, Dallas Academy Senior shooting guard Misty Adams said "Oh look! Popcorn!"

oh I feel so bad for laughing hard at that
roll.gif

that's @%+++% up, but funny
laugh.gif

damn

This isnt related to holding a team to 0 but the score reminded me of some funny memories....

My brothers AAU team in 6th, 7th, 8th grade would go up against teams in tournaments that shouldn't of been there and beat them by over 100 points....kids would go home crying...parents from the other team would be screaming for my bro's team to "stop playing so rough" and "let them score".....it was pure comedy....One time they were beating some kids in 8th grade by about 80 or 90 points and some dad walked onto the court and took his kid by the hand and they went home
laugh.gif
however, I got a good %## conscious-free laugh off this
roll.gif

I feel for that kid, that's dirty his dad took him from the game like that

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Have any of yall ever watched a bad girls HS team play?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The other team should have at least stopped their full court press, but they're complaining about them taking 3pt shots? I'm sure the girls have a shot clock as well so they have to shoot the ball eventually, I'd rather them shoot a 3 than a layup...
Exactly....and what kind of school only has 20 students?

a school that specializes in teaching students with special needs.....
indifferent.gif

Like regular high schools don't have the resources to accomodate students with special needs
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Like regular high schools don't have the resources to accomodate students with special needs imageimageimage

uhh... in a lot of districts, the school system does not have the money for a proper special ed program

this is just horrible... that coach should be fired and blacklisted from coaching.

[h1]Coach says he's not sorry for 100-point win[/h1]
Associated Press

Talk about it in the Message Boards
MORE: RivalsHigh100 Hoops Rankings | Top 150 prospects for 2009

DALLAS - The coach of a Texas high school basketball team that beat another team 100-0 sent an e-mail to a newspaper saying he will not apologize "for awide-margin victory when my girls played with honor and integrity."

On its Web site last week, the Covenant School of Dallas, a private Christian school, posted a statement regretting the outcome of its Jan. 13 shutout win overDallas Academy. "It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened. This clearly does not reflect a Christlike and honorable approach tocompetition," said the statement, signed by Kyle Queal, head of school, and board chair Todd Doshier.

Covenant coach Micah Grimes, who has been criticized for letting the game get so far out of hand, made it clear in the e-mail Sunday to The Dallas Morning Newsthat he does not agree with his school's assessment.

"In response to the statement posted on The Covenant School Web site, I do not agree with the apology or the notion that the Covenant School girlsbasketball team should feel embarrassed or ashamed," Grimes wrote in the e-mail, according to the newspaper. "We played the game as it was meant tobe played. My values and my beliefs would not allow me to run up the score on any opponent, and it will not allow me to apologize for a wide-margin victorywhen my girls played with honor and integrity."

A phone number for Grimes could not be located by The Associated Press. The Dallas Morning News said Grimes did not respond to their repeated e-mail requestsfor a telephone interview.

Queal did not immediately return a phone message left at his home Sunday afternoon by the AP. There was no answer at a number listed for Doshier.

A parent who attended the game said Covenant continued to make 3-pointers- even in the fourth quarter. She praised the Covenant players but said spectators andan assistant coach were cheering wildly as their team edged closer to 100 points.

Covenant was up 59-0 at halftime.

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of itssmall class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

There is no mercy rule in girls basketball that shortens the game or permits the clock to continue running when scores become one-sided. There is, however,"a golden rule" that should have applied in this contest, said Edd Burleson, the director of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools,said last week. Both schools are members of this association, which oversees private school athletics in Texas.

The story has received national attention, and the Dallas Academy team has been recognized for refusing to give up during the lopsided contest.

Originally Posted by Executive76

So you'd accept a loss instead of making an attempt? Isn't that the true loser's mentality?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom