"Hip-Hop is white now" - Scarface

victor page

Banned

I think pop is a better word.

p4l, can't watch the video in the library without my headphones.

He's right tho.

Not against white folks at large. But specifically the people at the top who only care about profit margins and don't give a **** about the culture.

I always say Commercialization is the best and worst thing to ever happen to hip-hop.

Because hip hop is controlled by people who don't even like or understand the culture ..

Also this country was built on racial division ..

Everything will always comeback to race.
this 
He's right tho.

Not against white folks at large. But specifically the people at the top who only care about profit margins and don't give a **** about the culture.

I always say Commercialization is the best and worst thing to ever happen to hip-hop.
and this.

great interview @ 11:40 man i think he had tears in his eyes talkin about pac

the pac story was great, i never knew they were that close..

i still get chills whenever i hear smile.

as far as what he said, i'm gonna have to agree with him.

the shift is pretty evident, not just the artists but the music too.

Last edited:
Aint watch the vid to be fair (Youtube been acting up for me lately especially on the comp)
But I guess I would understand whats hes saying if hes talking bout the suits in charge and just exploiting the culture for their own gain

Made a thread saying this about a month ago
yep. and like trilluminated said the shift is evident and there puttin a lot of money behind it. The freshman class has a rule of at least 2 white ppl on that cover every year now. white ppl are the largest consumers of music and if u a white rapper they gonna eat it up no hesitation.. so wack a(ss rappers like mac miller or macklemore can have number 1 albums and songs it makes sense to push them bcuz being white they will sell more with less investment... its obviously all a corporate push but theres nothing authentic about it 

Not white but why does some stuff always come back to race...
Its almost funny at this point
Because hip hop is controlled by people who don't even like or understand the culture ..

Also this country was built on racial division ..

Everything will always comeback to race.
I've been thinking about this lately, and what it is doing to hip hop's cultural capital

is it fair to call them misappropriations of culture?

In this video take the example he uses to explain hipsters and their ironic portrayals of a cultures

why people may have an issue with it and replace it with hip hop

Same thing with the Bauuer Harlem Shake thing a few months ago

even if you didn't really agree with all the fuss Harlem Residents were making about it

you can certainly understand why they felt the way they did...

Thank you Mr. Jordan.

That was the realest s_ I've heard in a minute.

That's an elder talking to the youth.

Y'all betta listen.

yep. and like trilluminated said the shift is evident and there puttin a lot of money behind it. The freshman class has a rule of at least 2 white ppl on that cover every year now. white ppl are the largest consumers of music and if u a white rapper they gonna eat it up no hesitation.. so wack a(ss rappers like mac miller or macklemore can have number 1 albums and songs it makes sense to push them bcuz being white they will sell more with less investment... its obviously all a corporate push but theres nothing authentic about it 
Well if fans supported more "black artist" this wouldn't be happening. And those two WHITE rappers are independent ........... What the hell are you getting at? They ain't helping the company, they are helping themselves, these ****** are eating more cake than major label rappers.

Logic is half black, half white and is actually a good rapper and probably better than half the guys on the list, and Action Bronson......no need to explain him he has been putting in work.

MGK is popping because he hustled, he didn't become a star overnight, he made his way there, I don't even listen to the bra, I think he is corny, but you can't denying he is better than a lot black rappers in the game.

You go to a Wu Tang Clan concert, you see majority of white faces 90% and I'm not even joking. And these guys are rapping about PRO-BLACK TEACHING!!!

Not too sure what Face is trying to say here. White folks have been in control of ALL mainstream music since day one. Is he suggesting their influence is growing in rap? There's probably a TON more black folks in leadership positions at majors than there was when Face was coming up. He's sounding like the old disgruntled republican that he is. Stuck at a standstill with his career.

Not too sure what Face is trying to say here. White folks have been in control of ALL mainstream music since day one. Is he suggesting their influence is growing in rap? There's probably a TON more black folks in leadership positions at majors than there was when Face was coming up. He's sounding like the old disgruntled republican that he is. Stuck at a standstill with his career.

Scarface is president of DefJam South.

Not really a "career standstill."

Back
Top Bottom