"Hip-Hop is white now" - Scarface

Not too sure what Face is trying to say here. White folks have been in control of ALL mainstream music since day one. Is he suggesting their influence is growing in rap? There's probably a TON more black folks in leadership positions at majors than there was when Face was coming up. He's sounding like the old disgruntled republican that he is. Stuck at a standstill with his career.
Scarface is president of DefJam South.

Not really a "career standstill."
face doesn't hold that position anymore.

he still doesn't have anything to lose at this point though, he's a legend.

White suits been running rap and only caring about their bottom line.

White fans been buying rap products.

Only difference now a days is white fans have an actual say in what's acceptable.

Lol he just did a track with beyonce...if he wanted I'm sure he could take the bun b route..esp with the "trill movement"

All his points are valid
But not going to front action Bronson and yelawolf are legit in my eyes, I don't think those dudes will ever be mainstream tho
But that macklamore ish gets me heated every time I hear it
Uncle brad preach to them

Wiz Khalifa, Flo Rida is trash where is the complaining about that?

Wiz Khalifa, Flo Rida is trash where is the complaining about that?

This what face is talking about
When whiz came out dude was dope af but he got signed and ish changed because records labels put in stylist, pr,people who look at demographics, etc...
Once you go major it's all over then
Krs-one roasted nelly but at the time nelly was so big and the influence of his label was so huge, very little people heard his dis record
Just like with ether, you rarely heard it.
He is not saying white artist are garbage but he is saying hip hop as a whole is garbage because the suits got a hold of it and we sold our souls to the devil not to be broke no more.
There is still hip hop that is grass roots but you don't hear that because A) nobody wants to be known as "conscious", B) people don't appreciate it( for instance j.cole and k.l. Put out quality projects but people still question their abilities) C) jayz even said it" If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably beLyrically Talib KweliTruthfully I wanna rhyme like Common SenseBut I did 5 mill' - I ain't been rhyming like Common since" until the people revolt and payola stops then waka flocka, Gucci, will still make that paper
It's the will of the people that can change what we hear but we are too damn lazy

This what face is talking about
When whiz came out dude was dope af but he got signed and ish changed because records labels put in stylist, pr,people who look at demographics, etc...
Once you go major it's all over then
Krs-one roasted nelly but at the time nelly was so big and the influence of his label was so huge, very little people heard his dis record
Just like with ether, you rarely heard it.
He is not saying white artist are garbage but he is saying hip hop as a whole is garbage because the suits got a hold of it and we sold our souls to the devil not to be broke no more.
There is still hip hop that is grass roots but you don't hear that because A) nobody wants to be known as "conscious", B) people don't appreciate it( for instance j.cole and k.l. Put out quality projects but people still question their abilities) C) jayz even said it" If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably beLyrically Talib KweliTruthfully I wanna rhyme like Common SenseBut I did 5 mill' - I ain't been rhyming like Common since" until the people revolt and payola stops then waka flocka, Gucci, will still make that paper
It's the will of the people that can change what we hear but we are too damn lazy
but him saying "Hip-Hop is white" sound so offensive bro and I ain't even white. 

The game has been like that for a while, I know what you are talking about. Like for example The Lox, when they first came they were street/underground raw, and then when they signed with Diddy they were wearing shining suits and ish, how you going to blame white's for that when Diddy is telling them how to dress and ****, Diddy knows what sells and what doesn't. Dat is why he had Biggie Smalls doing R&Bish Rap music a lot of times.

K.Dot and J Cole get mad love, what the hell are you talking about lol? J Cole album was garbage doe, while K.Dot made classic-like album and is selling well. He is going to reach Platinum status before the summer.

It doesn't but I think dude is saying his lack of relevance is the reason why he is mad and saying what he is saying

Face is 43 tho and a hip-hop legend. I don't even think he wants to be "relevant", so because he's not lighting up the charts his opinion doesn't matter and he's just being old and bitter? Alright

So if Karl Malone expresses his opinion about basketball and people dont like it is he just mad because he's "irrelevant" too?

That's what's wrong with the game, these kids disrespect LEGENDS, judging every person's opinion based on "relevance" or if its what they want to hear.

Face is 43 tho and a hip-hop legend. I don't even think he wants to be "relevant", so because he's not lighting up the charts his opinion doesn't matter and he's just being old and bitter? Alright

So if Karl Malone expresses his opinion about basketball and people dont like it is he just mad because he's "irrelevant" too?

That's what's wrong with the game, these kids disrespect LEGENDS, judging every person's opinion based on "relevance" or if its what they want to hear.

relevant doesnt mean being on the charts... it means just having people check for your music... he still raps... he cares about the fact that nobody's checking for him

jus like the other thread everybody gets it except TommyIceRocking 
laugh.gif

man face just mad he irrelevant
stupidest s(hit i ever read on this site. face dnt give a f*ck about bein relevant he dnt even care about puttin out albums. he did songs with everybody who is/was a legend gtf.oh wit that ish

Last edited:
i find it Funny that time calls someone who's been a SUCCESSFUL rapper for 20 years plus, mad at being relevant. His opinion matters more than 95% of hip hop from 1982-present.

If there was a council on who can have valid opinions of the dealings of hip hop, Scarface is a First round ballot, anyway i sat on this video for about a day and listen to The fix and The Diary, then
went back to listening some newer music and i totally agree, We need more kendrick lamars less Mackelmore, and mackelmore is dope to his audience but i dont need that music in my culture point blank period.

Thats what wrong with the world & these kids today they have been told & brainwashed by these sucka *** rappers that people that with an opinion are "HATERS" & "IRRELEVANT"..This type of talk started when these fake phony rappers started getting called out by older MC's or When real street ****** started checking these studio gangsters...If its the truth it ain't "HATING" thats what these young kids need to realize..What FACE saying has been said for years Q-TIP talked about this 20 yrs ago on "CHECK THE RHYME" but people jus Forgot this is something that needs to be brought up always because these White Record Company execs are making a fool out of our people & our culture... I mean look at TRINIDAD JAMES I mean this dude is a complete joke no one would have sign this clown in the late 90's or 00's...These White Execs have been dividing & getting rich of our music for decades look at what JERRY HELLER did to N.W.A, INTERSCOPE did to DEATH ROW, & that's only two examples their are plenty more...

Back
Top Bottom