Historical Inaccuracies

dj B Milk wrote:
Originally Posted by sbsallday12

interesting thread. not sure about the validity of statements though lol

+1. Was a history major in college. 95% of the stuff in this thread is false. Washington was the 16th president? Lincoln was half black? Lincoln owned slaves? 200 million slaves overboard?
roll.gif
come on guys. Stop repeating stuff that your drunk uncle said at a cookout.

Interesting...This thread popped back up...Hasn't been active for quite some time. Feel like someone was stalking - not directed to you dj B Milk. If you were a history major, would you share what items are false? 

With regards to the shark migration altered by slave trade, I've found it's mostly inaccurate, sort of. From what I was told, shark migratory patterns already mirrored portions of the middle passage shipping routes. Sharks did indeed follow ships, but they don't have the type of memory that would allow for them to "remember" these routes thus permanently altering their migratory patterns.

Anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong, but what I've read is that from the 1400's through the mid 1600s, South American (Portuguese?) slave traders exported 6-7 millions Africans. The British exported about 2-3 million. All together, I've read various accounts stating about 10-20 million African slaves were transported across the Atlantic...It's estimated that approx 15-20% of those Africans died at sea.

Again, anyone is free to correct me...

Originally Posted by psk2310

All together, I've read various accounts stating about 10-20 million African slaves were transported across the Atlantic...It's estimated that approx 15-20% of those Africans died at sea.

I'm no history major but I've always read the number to be higher. Given the conditions, 15-20% seems awfully low.

Didn't something close to 50% of passengers on board the Mayflower not make it? Traveling by sea back then was no joke.

You telling me a bunch of guys chained together defecating on themselves suffering from even more extreme cases of starvation, dehydration, and illness had a higher survival rate?

Originally Posted by cartune

Abraham Lincoln found out he was black on his mother's deathbed and which is why he free'd the slaves. Annnnnnd it was known but kept secret and out of history books
this seems possible, however it isn't the reason he abolished slavery.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Wr

slavery is common around the world, but when it came to "blacks" slavery it took on an even more in-humane form. Kidnapping, rapping, dehumanizing, creating legislation to deem black as sub human were standard practices of "black" slavery.
Nah, the Japanese did this to... everyone. And this was WWII, so less than a century ago.

are you comparing Japanese internment camps during WWII to the historical legacy of the Atlantic Slave Trade?

It's not even close to the same thing.

History as a whole is severely overlooked in my opinion. I graduated with my BA in History and the Western curriculum is filled with holes, biases, and inaccuracies. There is a lot of work that needs to be done.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Mother's 
its been known for centuries that his mother Nancy Hanks had an affair with a slave. 
Lincoln's dad was a slave from KY named Emis Ill find sources when I get to the crib 

So Obama wasn't the first black president?

From what a friend told me, he's at least the 3rd. They call it the "black grandmother in the closet". George Washington was not the first president. There were 15 others before him.
what are you speaking of? George Washington was the first president of the U.S.A

Originally Posted by dj B Milk

Originally Posted by sbsallday12

interesting thread. not sure about the validity of statements though lol

+1. Was a history major in college. 95% of the stuff in this thread is false. Washington was the 16th president? Lincoln was half black? Lincoln owned slaves? 200 million slaves overboard?
roll.gif
come on guys. Stop repeating stuff that your drunk uncle said at a cookout.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

exactly, thank you. People straight up talking out their booty now.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by Ciscokid

Originally Posted by buggz05

Things I've learned over the years:

Egyptians had electricity.

Islam had made a big impression on the Philippines before Spanish Catholicism. (not exactly a big secret, but something they don't necessarily advertise. Interesting nonetheless since Islam came after Christianity)

America literally stole Hawaii from its own people and imprisoned it's people for speaking its native language.

We are actually at war with Mexico right now and have been for a long time. (this is vague because pointing out who Mexico "is", the people at power is complicated)
nerd.gif

Modern Christianity was developed and is ran by the people who assassinated Jesus, or Yeshua. They took over the religion less than a century after the crucifixion. The original Christianity was much closer to Bhuddism and Tibetan practices.  
pimp.gif

your gonna have to give me a little bit more on this

On the real, how you just gonna leave us hanging like that
dude is lying.
How the hell are we at war with Mexico? I'll bet dude is going to try to say "Loz zetas are trained by the U.S."

no, not like that, you are incorrect.

Originally Posted by Wr

keep reading where you left off and you will find your answer
read what? You said there were 15 other presidents before George Washington. That's obviously incorrect.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Wr

slavery is common around the world, but when it came to "blacks" slavery it took on an even more in-humane form. Kidnapping, rapping, dehumanizing, creating legislation to deem black as sub human were standard practices of "black" slavery.
Nah, the Japanese did this to... everyone. And this was WWII, so less than a century ago.

are you comparing Japanese internment camps during WWII to the historical legacy of the Atlantic Slave Trade?

History as a whole is severely overlooked in my opinion. I graduated with my BA in History and the Western curriculum is filled with holes, biases, and inaccuracies. There is a lot of work that needs to be done.

no he's saying that when the japanese were running asia they used to go into countries (like china and korea) and kill and rape everyone to demoralize and dehumanize their enemies.  japanese atrocities during their period of imperialism are well documented.

there wasn't a slave trade per say, but the japanese enslaved millions of people from other countries as forced laborers and sex slaves.

not to mention just straight up ate people.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by Wr

read what? You said there were 15 other presidents before George Washington. That's obviously incorrect.
Where I was asked if I was speaking about the continental congress. I said yes. I told you to keep reading because you hadn't even read the whole thread to see what was discussed. You're just here to pass out "wrong cards". You obviously didn't read.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by Wr

From what a friend told me, he's at least the 3rd. They call it the "black grandmother in the closet". George Washington was not the first president. There were 15 others before him.
Werent they just president of the continental congress or somethin though?
Yes. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Nako XL

???

eek.gif

I really hope this isn't true.

Word. I've never heard about something like that from my grandfather, and he still hates the Japanese for ruling in Korea for so long, so I really want to read more on this if true.

no he's saying that when the japanese were running asia they used to go into countries (like china and korea) and kill and rape everyone to demoralize and dehumanize their enemies.  japanese atrocities during their period of imperialism are well documented.

there wasn't a slave trade per say, but the japanese enslaved millions of people from other countries as forced laborers and sex slaves.

Once again, B Smooth shows an amazing lack of reading comprehension skills. I said "The Japanese did it too"

Originally Posted by Noskey

???

eek.gif

Word. I've never heard about something like that from my grandfather, and he still hates the Japanese for ruling in Korea for so long, so I really want to read more on this if true.
There are many accounts of Japanese soldiers eating captives and such.
sick.gif

an dee 51o wrote:
Once again, B Smooth shows an amazing lack of reading comprehension skills. I said "The Japanese did it too"

sick.gif

roll.gif
 Dude had the response written already. Just saw Japanese, stopped reading, and hit the reply button.
But the Japanese barbarity is one of the lesser known evils of WWII, in my opinion. Much like Dr Mengele, Japanese scientists used prisoners for horrific medical experimentation. 

Originally Posted by psk2310

All together, I've read various accounts stating about 10-20 million African slaves were transported across the Atlantic...It's estimated that approx 15-20% of those Africans died at sea.

I'm no history major but I've always read the number to be higher. Given the conditions, 15-20% seems awfully low.

Didn't something close to 50% of passengers on board the Mayflower not make it? Traveling by sea back then was no joke.

You telling me a bunch of guys chained together defecating on themselves suffering from even more extreme cases of starvation, dehydration, and illness had a higher survival rate?

Only one person died during the Mayflower voyage at sea & I think it was a baby, 45 or the 100+ colonist died during the first winter here. No one knows for certain the exact amount of slaves taken from Africa during the Atlantic slave trade. Historians are basing the number off of public records which isn't exact. Slaves were taken to North & South America as well as Europe.

I don't know what's going in this thread(Lincoln was black so he felt the need to free his people?..wow ok) but anyway:

Cleopatra and Mark Antony-The famous story of love.

Inaccuracies:
Rome didn't depend on Antony so it didn't affect their government(Day to Day operations had been taking over by Augustus).
Cleopatra was just as infatuated with Antony as he was with him(Rejected deals to gain control over land to betray him).
Cleopatra was Egyptian, don't be confused by art, media portrayal of her as eurocentric.
Antony betrayed his county, leaving behind a wife and kid, for Cleopatra. Cleopatra was single( she wasn't some promiscuous bust down).

History is written by the winners is slightly inaccurate, the united states war crimes aren't well known in Vietnam.

More to come(depending if this thread can be saved from this random "I over heard.." trash..

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

an dee 51o wrote:

sick.gif

roll.gif
 Dude had the response written already. Just saw Japanese, stopped reading, and hit the reply button.
But the Japanese barbarity is one of the lesser known evils of WWII, in my opinion. Much like Dr Mengele, Japanese scientists used prisoners for horrific medical experimentation. 

No doubt. They were probably worse than Mengele. And then the US bought information from them which is pretty shady - have a look at Unit 731.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Abraham Lincoln found out he was black on his mother's deathbed and which is why he free'd the slaves. Annnnnnd it was known but kept secret and out of history books
I've heard that the reason all presidents on U.S. coins have their backs turned to Lincoln is because he freed the slaves.
Yepppp and he just happened to be the brown coin amongst the other "white" coins I made a thread about this awhile ago

He freed the slaves because it was the only way he was able to win the war is with the slaves fighting on his side.

Columbus wrote in his journal about the Native Americans...

“They are the best people in the world and above all the gentlest--without knowledge of what is evil--nor do they murder or steal...they love their neighbors as themselves and they have the sweetest talk in the world...always laughing.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

Where I was asked if I was speaking about the continental congress. I said yes. I told you to keep reading because you hadn't even read the whole thread to see what was discussed. You're just here to pass out "wrong cards". You obviously didn't read.
It doesn't matter, George Washington was the first president of the U.S.A

Originally Posted by Noskey

???

eek.gif

sick.gif
Yep, the Japanese were all inhumane animals in the WWII and pre WWII era.  Just google image "The Rape of Nanking".  The Japanese soldiers killed and raped all the Chinese women and children of ALL ages in the village of Nanking.  Pretty much wiped out the entire village.  They shishkabob'd premature fetuses right out of pregnant Chinese women with spears, parading around with it like trophies, then proceeded to chop off their breasts...  They mutated the Chinese women's uterus', straight cut them off with a machete and made the Chinese men eat it.  Even had the children of the villages tortured, chopped up limb by limb and lined up on the ground one by one before stabbing a machete through their skull.  To add injury to insult, the Japanese still deny doing any of this TO THIS VERY DAY.  NONE of it is written or admitted in their history books, and when the historians/scholars are interviewed, they straight up deny that the Rape of Nanking happened.  No apologies whatsoever made by the nation of Japan to this day.

Just google image it and you'll see how inhumane and barbaric the Japanese were... my Grandma grew up in Nanking was able to escape and fled to Guangzhou, otherwise she probably would've died.  Like I said, the natural disasters that happened in Japan this past year were in the form of karma; years and years of merciless killing and denial.  No evil act goes unpunished... I'm not gonna sit here and feel one ounce of sympathy for them.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by Ciscokid

your gonna have to give me a little bit more on this

On the real, how you just gonna leave us hanging like that
dude is lying.
How the hell are we at war with Mexico? I'll bet dude is going to try to say "Loz zetas are trained by the U.S."

no, not like that, you are incorrect.
laugh.gif
 You have no idea. Mexico is one GIANT black market. You're a fool if you think our government isn't taking advantage of it.
Somewhere in this thread I explained that the terms "at war" and "Mexico" are hard to define. I can explain "at war" by saying we have troops in Mexico and South America that are putting in work, alot of it.  They've all told me that it's much more dangerous down there than it is in the middle east.

We are currently at war with terrorism in the middle east. Notice how vague that statement is, yet how true it is.

What you see in the media/news is not how wars are won. Wars are won inside secure walls and agreements, using people's fears and emotions as ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom