Historical Inaccuracies

Originally Posted by rashi

Yes but that still doesn't have anything to do with Andrew Johnson being sympathetic to the southern way of life and white supremacy through terror being placed of black folks.

Why are you bringing up Jackson? The guy died years over 20 years before the Civil War even started. He also terrorized Indians too...

The Southern way of life was beyond slavery and continued after slavery, their culture was vastly different then the North. The institution of slavery is not over White supremacy. If you think that slavery if over race, you know very little about the economics of slavery.

So tell me what came first here on this continent, slavery or the U.S. ?????  It was aided by the government yes, but a government in itself does not create something without an elite class that puts forth and supports it's ideas. One of the main beefs between the North and the South was the Fugitive Slave Act pushed by the south....(look it up) ....

BUT WHO ENFORCES THE RULES? THE GOVERNMENT, RIGHT? IF THERE WASN'T A GOVERNMENT, THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY INSTITUTION TO ENFORCE SLAVERY.
happy.gif

Just like Jim Crow Laws. Racism was enforced by the government whether businesses were racists or not.

Reconstruction wasn't a failure because the government intervened.. It was a failure because it intervened only half %!$....

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everytime the government does something and it "doesn't work" people always say "it didn't go far enough". How do you know it didn't go far enough? Don't you think possibly that Blacks would have been better off? Like I said the KKK had a lot of political influence paying off law enforcement agencies, paying of politicians, threatening their lives, ect. Could it be that the government is just incapable of fulfilling promises because there isn't any incentive to? Like the War on Poverty equaled more poverty, War on Drugs equaled more drugs, ect.
laugh.gif

Just out of curiosity what is your Opinion on Abortion's legality?

I abhor abortion, but I don't think it should be illegal.

Them banning the importation of slaves didn't end slavery in the south, and wasn't necessarily a sign that slavery itself was on the decline in the south. By this time they could breed slaves, which would be a lot more cost effective, and from books like Willie Lynch it's clear that south slave owners were apt at slave breeding.

If every other business around you is using power tools to fix things and doing it a lot more efficiently and faster, why would you do the same work with your hands? Think about it.

I got a message for Warren Buffett
[h2]Financing the Debt[/h2][h3]Why does the debt sometimes decrease? [/h3]
The Public Debt Outstanding decreases when there are more redemptions of Treasury securities than there are issues.
[h3]How do you make a contribution to reduce the debt? [/h3]
There are two ways for you to make a contribution to reduce the debt:
  • You can make a contribution online either by credit card, checking or savings account at Pay.gov
  • You can write a check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it's a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
    Bureau of the Public Debt
    P. O. Box 2188
    Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

Put your money where your mouth is.

Why are you bringing up Jackson?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I didn't say Andrew Jackson sir.. I said Andrew Johnson..do your research.... don't get your Prezys in a bunch... You're talking about the guy on the 20 dollar bill president

#7.... I'm talking about Johnson who was the guy who came right after Lincoln president #17.... Andrew Jackson was supposedly the first "people's champ" or the common

man's president...He did massacre many Native Americans but also led one of the most unnecessary loses of life in American Military History after the war of 1812 had

already ended due to the slow communication process at the time ...  Battle of New Orleans anybody???  (google that) and he was a limited gov't state's rights type of guy..

so I'm sure he's in your top 5 dead or alive..[/color]

The Southern way of life was beyond slavery and continued after slavery, their culture was vastly different then the North. The institution of slavery is not over White supremacy. If you think that slavery if over race, you know very little about the economics of slavery.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Oh no no no sir.. This is where the Confederate Flag Bumper Stickers have gone to your head. Now yes that way of life was different from the north but to say white

supremacy played no role in slavery is to be totally mistaken.  The theory of white supremacy alone was used to rationalize colonialism, imperialism and slavery along with

the Christian Superiority Complex.  Now I know what you're going to say, slavery was found in various civilizations dating back to the age of early man and with that I will

agree. But where the difference comes in is the form of race identification and the changes that were made to it during colonization.  Before the American colonies there was

no such thing as the "white race" but races referred to countries as a whole in Europe (ex: German Race, Irish Race etc)  The creation of this white race was a way to

belittle the savages that were interacted with in the new world (Native Amer, Africans, Chinese Immigrants).. If you do your research you'll see that immigrants (Italians,

Germans, Catholics as a whole) during the 20th century were not even accepted as "white" up until the end of the second world war in many cases.  Where then they had

"earned" their merit and acceptance in mainstream white America.  So white supremacy was even used against other cultures now considered white by many people's

standards. But that acceptance never came for blacks. A lot of it is white guilt or the failure to recognize the wrongs of the past, specifically in the South.

Now what I'm getting at is that slavery in all of the Americas was a new hybrid form based solely on lineage..

Up until this point in history from Europe to Asia slaves were all intermingled regardless of skin color or origin.  Due to the triangular trade and colonialism slavery became

not only an economic institution but also one that rationalized it's works by downplaying the inhumane treatment individuals based on their skin color, religion (or lack of

Christianity) and savage customs.  White America even used science as a way to try and prove African Americans as intellectually inferior and as related to primates well

into the 20th century.  Also you should do some research on "black codes" following the Civil War.  If race didn't matter why weren't there "white codes" that forced

individuals back into slave like labor like "black codes" did ... Yes local government enforced these things but the absence of federal protection left the door open for

discrimination.  Would schools in the south have ever desegregated without federal intervention? I suggest we think about that unless you agree with racial segregation...[/color]

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everytime the government does something and it "doesn't work" people always say "it didn't go far enough". How do you know it didn't go far enough? Don't you think possibly that Blacks would have been better off? Like I said the KKK had a lot of political influence paying off law enforcement agencies, paying of politicians, threatening their lives, ect. Could it be that the government is just incapable of fulfilling promises because there isn't any incentive to? Like the War on Poverty equaled more poverty, War on Drugs equaled more drugs, ect.
laugh.gif

As far as the first part of your argument goes (because the whole war on poverty discussion is one in itself) it is proven that when government support was there, blacks had

representation in government and took a major role in elections but when that protection was rolled back, white retribution was in full effect... How do I know it didn't go far

enough, well primarily through the picture of lynchings and burned churches up until the 1960s ... That's how i know.... Better off from what stand point? Being killed.. yes

they would have been better off not to be dead..  What's anyone's incentive to protect others?  So there should be no police force or national guard?  Your arguments often

come without the human variable of compassion and doing what's right...

slavery is common around the world, but when it came to "blacks" slavery it took on an even more in-humane form. Kidnapping, rapping, dehumanizing, creating legislation to deem black as sub human were standard practices of "black" slavery. And for people still saying all this is in the past, There are still people out picking cotton as we speak. There are still people in the bottom of mine shafts and other harsh terrain digging for for precious metals we use for cosmetics and other consumer products. Just think, the people who manufacture your iphone are committing suicide at such alarming rates, the company claims to have to replace the workers with robots.

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

Yes but that still doesn't have anything to do with Andrew Johnson being sympathetic to the southern way of life and white supremacy through terror being placed of black folks.

Why are you bringing up Jackson? The guy died years over 20 years before the Civil War even started. He also terrorized Indians too...

So tell me what came first here on this continent, slavery or the U.S. ?????  It was aided by the government yes, but a government in itself does not create something without an elite class that puts forth and supports it's ideas. One of the main beefs between the North and the South was the Fugitive Slave Act pushed by the south....(look it up) ....

BUT WHO ENFORCES THE RULES? THE GOVERNMENT, RIGHT? IF THERE WASN'T A GOVERNMENT, THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY INSTITUTION TO ENFORCE SLAVERY.
happy.gif

Just like Jim Crow Laws. Racism was enforced by the government whether businesses were racists or not.

Reconstruction wasn't a failure because the government intervened.. It was a failure because it intervened only half %!$....

laugh.gif

Just out of curiosity what is your Opinion on Abortion's legality?

Them banning the importation of slaves didn't end slavery in the south, and wasn't necessarily a sign that slavery itself was on the decline in the south. By this time they could breed slaves, which would be a lot more cost effective, and from books like Willie Lynch it's clear that south slave owners were apt at slave breeding.

If every other business around you is using power tools to fix things and doing it a lot more efficiently and faster, why would you do the same work with your hands? Think about it.

[h2]Financing the Debt[/h2][h3]Why does the debt sometimes decrease? [/h3]
The Public Debt Outstanding decreases when there are more redemptions of Treasury securities than there are issues.
[h3]How do you make a contribution to reduce the debt? [/h3]
There are two ways for you to make a contribution to reduce the debt:
  • You can make a contribution online either by credit card, checking or savings account at Pay.gov
  • You can write a check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it's a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
    Bureau of the Public Debt
    P. O. Box 2188
    Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I didn't say Andrew Jackson sir.. I said Andrew Johnson..do your research.... don't get your Prezys in a bunch... You're talking about the guy on the 20 dollar bill president

#7.... I'm talking about Johnson who was the guy who came right after Lincoln president #17.... Andrew Jackson was supposedly the first "people's champ" or the common

man's president...He did massacre many Native Americans but also led one of the most unnecessary loses of life in American Military History after the war of 1812 had

already ended due to the slow communication process at the time ...  Battle of New Orleans anybody???  (google that) and he was a limited gov't state's rights type of guy..

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Oh no no no sir.. This is where the Confederate Flag Bumper Stickers have gone to your head. Now yes that way of life was different from the north but to say white

supremacy played no role in slavery is to be totally mistaken.  The theory of white supremacy alone was used to rationalize colonialism, imperialism and slavery along with

the Christian Superiority Complex.  Now I know what you're going to say, slavery was found in various civilizations dating back to the age of early man and with that I will

agree. But where the difference comes in is the form of race identification and the changes that were made to it during colonization.  Before the American colonies there was

no such thing as the "white race" but races referred to countries as a whole in Europe (ex: German Race, Irish Race etc)  The creation of this white race was a way to

belittle the savages that were interacted with in the new world (Native Amer, Africans, Chinese Immigrants).. If you do your research you'll see that immigrants (Italians,

Germans, Catholics as a whole) during the 20th century were not even accepted as "white" up until the end of the second world war in many cases.  Where then they had

"earned" their merit and acceptance in mainstream white America.  So white supremacy was even used against other cultures now considered white by many people's

standards. But that acceptance never came for blacks. A lot of it is white guilt or the failure to recognize the wrongs of the past, specifically in the South.

Now what I'm getting at is that slavery in all of the Americas was a new hybrid form based solely on lineage..

Up until this point in history from Europe to Asia slaves were all intermingled regardless of skin color or origin.  Due to the triangular trade and colonialism slavery became

not only an economic institution but also one that rationalized it's works by downplaying the inhumane treatment individuals based on their skin color, religion (or lack of

Christianity) and savage customs.  White America even used science as a way to try and prove African Americans as intellectually inferior and as related to primates well

into the 20th century.  Also you should do some research on "black codes" following the Civil War.  If race didn't matter why weren't there "white codes" that forced

individuals back into slave like labor like "black codes" did ... Yes local government enforced these things but the absence of federal protection left the door open for

discrimination.  Would schools in the south have ever desegregated without federal intervention? I suggest we think about that unless you agree with racial segregation...[/color]

laugh.gif

As far as the first part of your argument goes (because the whole war on poverty discussion is one in itself) it is proven that when government support was there, blacks had

representation in government and took a major role in elections but when that protection was rolled back, white retribution was in full effect... How do I know it didn't go far

enough, well primarily through the picture of lynchings and burned churches up until the 1960s ... That's how i know.... Better off from what stand point? Being killed.. yes

they would have been better off not to be dead..  What's anyone's incentive to protect others?  So there should be no police force or national guard?  Your arguments often

Honestly, bro. With the sentence structure and bolded red underlined font I can't make through the whole thing without getting a headache.

Maybe not historial inaccuracies but I find these facts pretty interesting. . .
  • Geronimo is despised by many Apache people because his refusal to surrender and give up his warrior life style led to all Apaches being shipped off there reservation lands and to military imprisonment in Florida. Most of these Apache tribes were peaceful throughout the Apache wars and had nothing to do w/ the fighting. Many of those Apache tribes are now living in Fort Sill, Oklahoma. 
  • The Lakota Nation technically owns Mount. Rushmore and the entire Black Hills. According to the Treaty of 1868 that entire area was set aside for the Lakota Nation. That treaty was ratified in 1877 by only 10% of the adult male Lakota population and the United States Government has claimed ownership ever since. In 1980 Congress voted that those lands were 'unfairly and unjustly' taken from the Lakota  Nation and awarded them $106 million dollars in compensation- the 1877 value of $17.5 million, plus interest. The Lakota people refuse to accept that money and that sum now sits in a BIA account where the sum has now risen to $570 million because of interest. They will not accept that money and only ask for land not being federally or privately held back. 

^That's really where most of the true history is. in The treaties between indigenous populations and governments. Please bring some more to the table and I will do the same...

I've seen some where the indigenous people were banned from playing all rubber ball sports. Crazy how years later people were reintroduced to things like basketball, soccer, football that already existed previously in a cultural context to the people.
When the conquistadors came and saw people playing and bouncing rubber balls around, they thought the balls were bewitched and that people were practicing some wort of witchcraft. 

happy.gif

laugh.gif

I didn't say Andrew Jackson sir.. I said Andrew Johnson..do your research.... don't get your Prezys in a bunch... You're talking about the guy on the 20 dollar bill president

so I'm sure he's in your top 5 dead or alive..

Oh no no no sir.. This is where the Confederate Flag Bumper Stickers have gone to your head. Now yes that way of life was different from the north but to say white

discrimination.  Would schools in the south have ever desegregated without federal intervention? I suggest we think about that unless you agree with racial segregation...

laugh.gif

Honestly, bro. With the sentence structure and bolded red underlined font I can't make through the whole thing without getting a headache.

He says that you can't read and dont know the difference btween jackson and johnson

• There are still direct descendants of Chief Osceola living in the swamps of Florida. Those Seminole people where hidden so deep in the swamps of Florida that the US government just let them live there instead of trying to find them.
  • Red Cloud successfully negotiated that US Army Forts be abandoned w/ the Treaty of 1868. Up until that point no enemy of the United States had ever negotiated terms like that. 

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Lincoln freed the slaves on his deathbed? Is that a joke? He agreed to free the slaves well before his death but he didn't give a damn about the slaves.
Mother's 
its been known for centuries that his mother Nancy Hanks had an affair with a slave. 
Lincoln's dad was a slave from KY named Emis Ill find sources when I get to the crib 

So Obama wasn't the first black president?

Originally Posted by psk2310

I read some time ago that shark migratory patterns in the Atlantic follow the old slave trade shipping routes from African to Europe, America, & the Carribean. Ships used to dump slaves overboard so much so that sharks followed these ships to eat. To think that sharks still follow these migratory patterns is crazy.
source?

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Lincoln freed the slaves on his deathbed? Is that a joke? He agreed to free the slaves well before his death but he didn't give a damn about the slaves.
Mother's 
its been known for centuries that his mother Nancy Hanks had an affair with a slave. 
Lincoln's dad was a slave from KY named Emis Ill find sources when I get to the crib 

From what a friend told me, he's at least the 3rd. They call it the "black grandmother in the closet". George Washington was not the first president. There were 15 others before him.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I think Lincoln has been regarded in the right place by most intelligent people. I can't rememeber the last person I met that considered Lincoln a hero. Yeah, you might learn that in elementary school, but any decent high school history teacher will portray Lincoln more accurately. (AP American History, FTW)

We all know he didn't free the slaves because he cared about blacks, but at the same time, his election was a major factor in the South seceding, so it was well known that he did want to emancipate slaves (regardless of what the motivating factor was).

You also gotta realize, Lincoln was a politician, and he would have never became president if he was a straight up abolitionist. If anything I give him props for winning the Civil War, and keeping the union in tact. Emanicipation Proclomation would have meant nothing had the Confederacy established independence.

Dat truth
pimp.gif

What up Dirtylicous. The shark thing was something I recalled from reading & also something on the history channel years ago round about the time that Amistad was released. The doc had to do with the Middle Passage. it's been so long that I can't recall the book or books I read. I tried looking at by library at home or in storage but couldn't find the books I thought I had.

Unfortunately, you don't see much reliable info on the internet so I'm going to research this a bit more by reaching out to some contacts I have and by actually reading some books. I posted this a page or two ago. I will hit reply back after I dig into this more.

May I recommend to everyone that we take a step back make this a friendly discussion amongst the Nike Talk fam? Theres a lot of venom in some of these posts that's just straight up ridiculous...

db316263cc7e1a3303de12943526cc8b7cb927ec_r.jpg

Originally Posted by Wr

Mother's 

From what a friend told me, he's at least the 3rd. They call it the "black grandmother in the closet". George Washington was not the first president. There were 15 others before him.
Werent they just president of the continental congress or somethin though?

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by Wr

Werent they just president of the continental congress or somethin though?
Yes. 

happy.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I understand you don't want to read.. But if you read more in the first place we wouldn't be having this convo my friend..
nerd.gif
  nice cop out..

Originally Posted by psk2310

What up Dirtylicous. The shark thing was something I recalled from reading & also something on the history channel years ago round about the time that Amistad was released. The doc had to do with the Middle Passage. it's been so long that I can't recall the book or books I read. I tried looking at by library at home or in storage but couldn't find the books I thought I had.

Unfortunately, you don't see much reliable info on the internet so I'm going to research this a bit more by reaching out to some contacts I have and by actually reading some books. I posted this a page or two ago. I will hit reply back after I dig into this more.

May I recommend to everyone that we take a step back make this a friendly discussion amongst the Nike Talk fam? Theres a lot of venom in some of these posts that's just straight up ridiculous...
Honestly, you're underestimating the validity of the information available the internet.
There is plenty of reliable, trustworthy information on the internet as long as you know where to look, and consider the reliability of the source.

Such broad statements as "you don't find much reliable information on the internet" is just false.   If you're getting your information from some idiot's blog, then yes, I would agree with you that the information is probably questionable at best, but if you know where to look the information is as reliable as in books.  Remember, not even information from books is reliable; the question to ask isn't the medium per se (i.e. book vs. internet), it's whether the information is peer-reviewed, the general reputation of the source, etc.

I will grant you that there is a lot of misinformation out there, but to think that you have to personally speak with people in the field to find accurate information is a bit overkill.

Back
Top Bottom