HOH/Footlocker/Footaction - NO Returns on release date product

Hey guys, just a heads up on Foot Locker's new policy with ANY release date product.

efd368646a85f5be28783905d442f6dc54145d88_r.jpg

so if i buy a shoe on release date and try to return/exchange they wont let me??

Prices go up, quality and service go down. These places know most of these kid sneakerheads are at their mercy and they are going to do anything possible to squeeze every dime you guys have.

that sad
you had no choice for jordan retro, foamposite because they will sell out release or i will said in couple hours lol

What really sucks is that they won't lose any business for this outrageous policy.

What exactly is a release date shoe though?

Is this just for Jordan's, Foams, or stuff like Griffey retro's?  Or just Jordan and Foams (stuff that sells out in minutes) the hot selling stuff.  I wonder what caused this :  people buying full size runs and not being able to sell it on ebay etc., so they return it to the store, or people buying stuff and then returning it for a refund with a "high quality" fake....

Those rules came in to effect around the same time frame as the dunkman/mango/swingman launch. The company sniped 3 employees in a store because they violated those rules. The sneaker game is a serious business.

I'd love to hear how they will handle if my pair has JB/Nike's wonderful QC issues, and they won't return a pair for me because they don't have a replacement pair in my size since it sold out. Especially since most places just ring you up then give you your pair, and if you ask to see it first when there's a line, they say no. This will not end well...

I never return anything so this doesn't affect me..nor did it ever affect me when I was workin for the company..

If you buy it in the first place make sure you actually want it..returns are a hassle for both sides IMO..

the policy has been in place for a while. but i remember it was just for jordan retros. idk about how it is now. it might be for any shoe that has a release date placed on it. i dont get why people would return a release date shoe anyways. you can just turn around and sell it online for just as much as what you bought it for if you're just looking for a return. im sure you can at least get retail for it.

About time!

While I don't agree with the return policy, I'm glad Nike started to crackdown on their shady dealings.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

I'd love to hear how they will handle if my pair has JB/Nike's wonderful QC issues, and they won't return a pair for me because they don't have a replacement pair in my size since it sold out. Especially since most places just ring you up then give you your pair, and if you ask to see it first when there's a line, they say no. This will not end well...
This
You can't even look at shoes in the store to see if they are damaged or let alone try them on to see if they fit right anymore
30t6p3b.gif
....I went to footaction to buy the BHM KD's and I open the box in the store to make sure they were fine, and an employee tells me I can't do it in store. I just sat on the bench and looked my pair over and gave him the 
indifferent.gif
....I'm paying for a product that is going to sell out and I am going to make sure that it meets my QC cause I don't trust Nike/JB

So basically any shoe that has a release date (Jordans, Foamposites, Griffeys, Pennys, Barkleys Kobes, Lebrons, Durants, Hyperseries PEs) basically everything, I cant not return ever under any circumstances?!?

*!#? Is this serious?

Yall are cool with this?

wow so pretty much all Nike footwear can't be returned/exchange now.

I wonder if this will take affect on .com purchases, it would suck to buy a pair of shoes off footlocker.com get them and the fit is slightly off so you want to return them and they won't allow it.

I called to ask about an order I placed and decided to ask about the return policy. They told me that if you want to return a pair of shoes that you have to call footlocker and then go back to the store, where they will ship them out to the Footlocker warehouse for you. Then it would take up 14 days for you to get a refund check from Footlocker....these people must be crazy if they think I'm going through all of this to return a pair
laugh.gif

In a way it looks like they are trying to minimize the reselling market but still doesn't really make sense due to the poor quality control on Nike/JB end.
Well it doesn't really bother me because I lost faith in that chain (HOH/Footlocker/Footactions/Champs/Eastbay) a long time ago

That's crazy. On release date they rush you in and out the store and now they have the nerve to say you can't return something. Lol

Ima make sure the next release date shoe I cop ima ask for a 12, 13 & 14 and take my sweet *** time trying them on.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I never return anything so this doesn't affect me..nor did it ever affect me when I was workin for the company..

If you buy it in the first place make sure you actually want it..returns are a hassle for both sides IMO..

DING-DING-DING-DING!!!  And just like lynchpin said, this is to keep the a-hole resellers from buying up size runs, then returning them at full price months after release because they couldn't flip them.  Or hypebeasts buying a pair because the internet told them to, then returning them a month later because "they weren't hot anyway," and they won't admit they got caught up.  Too many people taking advantage of this kind of stuff, and Foot Locker had to do something because they were tired of losing money on this exact scenario.

I have no problems with it because I know what size shoe I wear, and I only buy what I truly want.

Peace,
   J

I don't have a problem with this. This will eliminate wannabe resellers who messes up all the releases.

You buy it, you own it. I love this policy. Hopefully it will make it easier to purchase shoes soon.

Why don't they just change their policy to no returns period/ only exchange for store credit or just no Nike returns. This "no returns on release date product" is confusing. Every shoe has a release date so in theory I can't return anything?

Back
Top Bottom