HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

what was the hardest holiday XI release from 2009-2021?

2011 concords?
2009-2012 were all easy for me to cop. Even 2/3 pairs easy.

2009 SJ waited at HOH chi for 2 hours.

2010 CG got pairs early for $20 over

2011 Concords 2 pairs early for $20 over. Waited in line at Nike chicago for a midnight release got 2 pairs.

2012 breds bunch of raffle tickets, copped 8 pairs for me and the homies.

After that I fell off the sneaker scene.

what was the hardest holiday XI release from 2009-2021?

2011 concords?

For me Concords

Everything seemed to change overnight and people started camping.

I think blogs paid a big part, because they started promoting people camping out for releases so the rest of the country followed. Camping used to be mostly a New York, SB and boutique thing. I used to could go to a release 20-30 minutes before opening and see practically the same people each time to make sure I got my size.

16395816824127291581843465621373.jpg

Holiday shopping complete.

2009-2012 were all easy for me to cop. Even 2/3 pairs easy.

2009 SJ waited at HOH chi for 2 hours.

2010 CG got pairs early for $20 over

2011 Concords 2 pairs early for $20 over. Waited in line at Nike chicago for a midnight release got 2 pairs.

2012 breds bunch of raffle tickets, copped 8 pairs for me and the homies.

After that I fell off the sneaker scene.
I ended up with multiples but 2011 concords easily. Can’t remember any other pair being remotely difficult.

For me Concords

Everything seemed to change overnight and people started camping.

I think blogs paid a big part, because they started promoting people camping out for releases so the rest of the country followed. Camping used to be mostly a New York, SB and boutique thing. I used to could go to a release 20-30 minutes before opening and see practically the same people each time to make sure I got my size.

lol I was about to say I never didn't camp, then I saw the rest. Not gonna lie, my ~2005-2007 camping nights were some of my fondest memories. I guess they call it trauma bonding now but by the 12th hr of 2 degree ny sidewalk sitting you are best friends with everyone around you. I was like 17 we were talking about extra dumb **** but swore it was profound af. Felt like sleepaway basketball camp. Heart to hearts with ppl you wouldnt usually **** with but you are forced to listen to.

All star weekend NYC oreo drop messed it up for me tho bc i had to listen to like 8 hrs of how Aubrey Graham is a known gangster in toronto while they invented their own version of patois and used ting in excess. That was my last camp out tried to do it at snipes for these but got PTSD from the ASW drop on that same corner 6 years ago. Ppl started playing their mixtapes or B C and D boogie with the hoodie and I left. I wasnt expecting to go 0-30 on the apps

Today is the 20th anniversary of the first playoff XI retro release. It’s pretty crazy how chill and cool that release was compared to the cool grey release earlier that year. Just walked in and walked out with my pairs. The CG’s were utter chaos, mall gates broken down, cops, beat downs, to this day the craziest sneaker drop I’ve ever participated in. If social media and YouTube were around I have no doubt that release would top the 2011 concords release in reputation for chaos. I took an L on them too btw :rofl:

CDP'S were the worst.Paid my lil cousin $60 to camp in line overnight w/ my brother, then the store backdoored all their pairs and my cousin came up empty handed. Managed to cop off eBay that Sunday after. on the low, seller had them listed in the wrong area. Copped 2 off the following Finishline Monday restock. The didn't ship until late January.

Sad part is that I never wore any of them. Sold off majority of my collection in 2013 to buy a car.

Last edited:
how much you cop for on ebay?

still way too high for my taste.

especially with most of them being order confirmed only and not actual pics of the shoes.
Im a 9.5, with shipping and tax it was $335. I made sure seller feedback and all that BS checked out cause alot people just posting the "got em" screen lol

Man, Im looking at some Youtube videos on how to tell the reals from the fakes and you really cant tell unless you have a CSI kit.
Bottom pic off of Wear Testers site.
After looking at Dee's vid. Seriously tho, they even had the air units in these shoes. I'm pretty sure folk dont go to the extreme of deconstructing a new Jordan XI just to see. So why put them in there if no one gonna know. Crazy to see this.
20211215_123536.jpg

After looking at Dee's vid. Seriously tho, they even had the air units in these shoes. I'm pretty sure folk dont go to the extreme of deconstructing a new Jordan XI just to see. So why put them in there if no one gonna know. Crazy to see this.
20211215_123536.jpg
These air unit don’t cost much. It’s the higher end rep that they go all out on. Pretty much no difference between real n fake. Only thing is one is ordered by Nike from the same factory. Other isn’t.

20211215_123536.jpg

jordan/Nike skimped on zoom units in the past and got raked over the coals for it. They were giving out 25% off coupons for them. At this point, for how little cost it adds to the shoe, and for how much they sell them for, there isn’t a good reason for them to leave them out.

20211215_123536.jpg

Even with UA’s, buyers want the authentic feel, and you can easily tell if a shoe is missing cushioning. Especially for shops that heavily rely on UA’s for sales, they have to maintain the lie!

I was in Cancun for a bach party and got back Monday evening. Had a pair locked at DTLR but wife couldn’t make it cause she got busy with our son. Friday also hit on a pair at FTL state street but with me out of town had to pass.

Picked up pair locally for 325, nothing beats retail but 75-80 over retail (after taxes, etc) not too terrible

Im a 9.5, with shipping and tax it was $335. I made sure seller feedback and all that BS checked out cause alot people just posting the "got em" screen lol

I could be wrong, but sometimes I actually trust the Got Em screen listings more than the ones with photos photos, because I have more confidence that they're not fakes. I feel like sellers listing UAs would be more likely to post pictures with the listing, as opposed to a listing that says the shoes are confirmed and on the way.

Back
Top Bottom