HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Oh that's too much work lol.. will not be practical. I was talking about tax/filing purposes, write offs, etc.
yea true. eBay is sending a 1099 to everyone with 600 in sales… I think I read if you have receipts of the original purchase then at least u can deduct that amount. Can roll the dice and assume u won’t get audited

My situation sux because eBay banned me from selling over some BS (long story, wife’s acct was banned and then mine was for being related or something). I had 20 years of 100% feedback. I still sell on eBay but I use my sisters account. So now I think I’ll need to stop. Tbh I’m gonna see if I can sign up an acct for my 11 year old daughter 😂

Aye man, I've been against paying resale, sometimes it is what it is when it comes to it. With these, there is a time limit to buy, it's even annoying watching prices fluctuate to determine how bad you want it to be. Luckily, I was able to strike at the right time. For some, I don't mind. I had years of a sweet discount, so I can't really complain.

1. eBay used to have higher fees than this. I was in shock that **** was so cheap the last time I sold something. I was mad I didn’t use it for so long, they must have seen me come back and put the fees back high.

2. You all just wanted to start llc’s lol don’t act like it’s the $400 in eBay revenues you do forcing your hand😂. I personally will continue to use eBay as a marketing tool and showcase only to avoid all that for now.

i really dont even know what the alternative is bro. shrug it off my man. nike screwed us on amounts again.
Because you brought it up … the alternative is simple, you just don’t own the shoe. That might not be the desired outcome but it’s really ok to not own them. It won’t have any negative impact on you (or whomever) at all to just not own them if purchasing them is financially impractical or irresponsible.

It’s up to the individual to determine if paying the equivalent of two-three shares of Apple stock or a fractional share of Google stock is irresponsible or impractical for a non-durable or durable good (pair of shoes).

I ask everyone to really think about spending $400-$500 on something multiple times that will dirty, age, wear down, yellow, and ultimately disintegrate, as you walk on them over time instead of using that money to buy an ownership share in a company. This especially goes for those who are young and taking cultural cues from social media.

Even if you think what I’m saying is stupid or boomerish, just please give it some thought. Please.

Wishing everyone well.

Last edited:
Because you brought it up … the alternative is simple, you just don’t own the shoe. That might not be the desired outcome but it’s really ok to not own them. It won’t have any negative impact on you (or whomever) at all to just not own them if purchasing them is financially impractical or irresponsible.

It’s up to the individual to determine if paying the equivalent of two-three shares of Apple stock or a fractional share of Google stock is irresponsible or impractical for a non-durable or durable good (pair of shoes).

I ask everyone to really think about spending $400-$500 on something multiple times that will dirty, age, wear down, yellow, and ultimately disintegrate, as you walk on them over time instead of using that money to buy an ownership share in a company. This especially goes for those who are young and taking cultural cues from social media.

Even if you think what I’m saying is stupid or boomerish, just please give it some thought. Please.

Wishing everyone well.
Oh no bro that's facts. That's the true alternative to anything. Do or do not.

It’s okay to not own them, but it’s also okay for folks to pay resale if they wish. I don’t care what anyone else does with their money, this isn’t a financial board. If folks have the funds to get something they want, get it.

Now if you’re going broke to pay resale and your hurting from those funds on other things, I certainly have an opinion and wouldn’t recommend that. However, the game has changed for many of us on this board and don’t respect resellers because they make it harder for us to get shoes.

We have to continue to adapt and overcome, otherwise WE have to be okay with not having shoes either.

All in all, I support both sides of the conversation. If I didn’t get Cool Greys for retail, I wouldn’t have them.

for those that won the ship to draw on footlocker/champs/footaction did they charge tax AND shipping?

The tricky part about the “retail or pass” debate is for a lot of these hyped shoes, we all know their value just goes up and up. For majority of us, we might only wear em a handful of times over a 2-3 year period and can flip em for the same price we paid resale for, if not more. OR maybe they never even make it to the concrete. Either scenario it kinda leads us to just paying that resale ticket- especially if it’s a nostalgic kick or just something u want hella bad. U can justify it, as long as it’s a high demand shoe.
The other scenario is if you beat em to the ground then hell, you enjoyed them MFs and got your moneys worth for sure.

The tricky part about the “retail or pass” debate is for a lot of these hyped shoes, we all know their value just goes up and up. For majority of us, we might only wear em a handful of times over a 2-3 year period and can flip em for the same price we paid resale for, if not more. OR maybe they never even make it to the concrete. Either scenario it kinda leads us to just paying that resale ticket- especially if it’s a nostalgic kick or just something u want hella bad. U can justify it, as long as it’s a high demand shoe.
The other scenario is if you beat em to the ground then hell, you enjoyed them MFs and got your moneys worth for sure.
I know even if end up paying $30-$40 over msrp, I feel even more guilty when prices go up and are out of reach 2-3 years down the line. Doesn’t help that Jordan brand has releases every 10 years. Imagine if this junk was sittin on shelves and you could just grab em anytime. It’s all trash anyways no matter how much value you attach to it.

1. eBay used to have higher fees than this. I was in shock that **** was so cheap the last time I sold something. I was mad I didn’t use it for so long, they must have seen me come back and put the fees back high.

2. You all just wanted to start llc’s lol don’t act like it’s the $400 in eBay revenues you do forcing your hand😂. I personally will continue to use eBay as a marketing tool and showcase only to avoid all that for now.
The only reason eBay fees were higher was because they used to charge that 3% fee for PayPal or what not. That is no longer being charge because eBay now controls the payments. Bringing the total fees back to the original 8-9%. So, eBay trying to pull a fast one on us lol

Need to find out what ya'll doing with this 600 crap.. I know folks are already on the work around.
I’m about to hit that 20k mark on eBay. I removed everything from my profile. Don’t need that extra hassle come next year filing.

But more than likely if I continue to sell on either platform, it’s all going to be write offs. Boxes purchases- deducted
Traveling to post office - deducted
Tape- deducted
Storage - deducted 🤣

In the rare instances I've paid resale the shoe gets worn. Not gonna pay over box, especially 2 or 3 hundred and more just to look at a shoe. I can make it my screensaver for free for that.

Back
Top Bottom