HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Imo most new shoes don’t look that good. And the new player models are built for on court. Not as casual as the early Jordan’s imo.

I mean they're designed with the intention of being the best on court basketball shoe, of course they aren't casual. :lol:

Dude's aren't wearing performance basketball shoes casually these days, the tech has far surpassed the mean. Retro shoes in general are arguably at an all time high for popularity, and technology on modern shoes continue to evolve.

The best rotation (for me) currently is a retro shoe of some type, like a runner or basketball shoe, and then a pair of performance running shoes for comfort.

The only reason eBay fees were higher was because they used to charge that 3% fee for PayPal or what not. That is no longer being charge because eBay now controls the payments. Bringing the total fees back to the original 8-9%. So, eBay trying to pull a fast one on us lol
Yea they were never really a nice company. PayPal played games too. I’m just glad I grew up thinking around 10% was the normal fee so this is just more of the same now

And maybe I’m a troglodyte but basketball sneakers now are flimsy as ****. Unless all the stores near me have supply shortages. They all were some form of socks with soles. Zero support. Like Nike has a contract with a national network of orthopedic surgeons or some ****. I went to Nike town or whatever they call it now and that **** was 100% for casual use. 4 floors of athleisure. Ended up getting some hiking/winterized hybrid straight to dvd pumas bc they have a basketball sole with strong sides. Reminded me of air raids. 🤷‍♂️

Nike has the ability to make all these retros with much better materials for comfort, such are lunarlon or react in/outter soles, and still make them look exactly the same (they have done this many times with the AF1). Instead them choose to preserve the OG model and give us stuff like the CMFTs that look similar but with enough changes to be polarizing, and still sell it for $30 less than the OGs even though technically it is a better shoe.

It's funny because at the end of the day "we" do it to ourselves by being snobs and thirsting for stuff we don't actually need, but hey...

Nike has the ability to make all these retros with much better materials for comfort, such are lunarlon or react in/outter soles, and still make them look exactly the same (they have done this many times with the AF1). Instead them choose to preserve the OG model and give us stuff like the CMFTs that look similar but with enough changes to be polarizing, and still sell it for $30 less than the OGs even though technically it is a better shoe.

It's funny because at the end of the day "we" do it to ourselves by being snobs and thirsting for stuff we don't actually need, but hey...
Retro quality is terrible too. That flu game 12 retro with the cardboard synthetic tongue and crocodile pleather. An og pair has cow hide

Yeah there's really no excuse for how much they charge for these things made mostly from synthetic *** materials when you got basic Reeboks and Polo shoes that retail for $60-100 that use genuine leather.
Completely agree. And these bum YouTubers talkin about uppers being leather and nubucks. This cool grey 11 a synthetic upper

The Jordan 1 Alpha would like a word. I loved those when they came out for what they were.

Idk, most of the Jordans that I owned this year have had decent quality materials on them.

The Reeboks/Iversons definitely have nice thick leather though.

My pair finally came that I ordered December 9th.

0F505F2B-90CC-4CDE-8032-6A0758600336.jpeg

The Jordan 1 Alpha would like a word. I loved those when they came out for what they were.
Those were terrible looking though. Why couldn’t they just switch out the midsole on an OG high to encapsulated react foam? It could be a completely invisible change but would be a game changer for comfort.

Nobody is nostalgic for **** comfort and nobody cares how the shoes are built, as long as they look good.

The reality is that Nike/JB are marketing geniuses that any student of Marketing needs to study....Pure freak'n geniuses! I expect that someday they'll protro these retros making them look identical with better tech/comfort, and I will be happy to purchase all of the OG retros again for the comfort alone. It seems like only a matter of time, though, honestly, I'm surprised they haven't hit on that opportunity yet. Their retro business is a pure cash cow.

Look at the Kobe protros, same look, with upgraded components. It’s definitely possible, Nike may just be holding out a few more years to finally cycle that in

Nike needs to find a new player to put money into similar to the investment they put into Jordan. And find some new designers. Hasn’t been anything good that’s dropped in the past 10 years

Back
Top Bottom