HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

The shoe discussion here is hardly an echo chamber. There's tons of different opinions on buying sneakers here. You have people here arguing different opinions every day in lots of threads.

The shoe discussion - inasmuch as there is diversity of perspective about the shoes themselves - isn’t characteristic of an echo chamber but to be fair I never said that that part was.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it’s up to the person to determine if paying $500 - or 120% more than the retail cost - for a non durable good makes sense.

But something you mentioned I want to address. Keep in mind 206 that paying $500 for the shoe and then selling them for $500 three years later doesn’t even out. You’re not “making your money back.” There is opportunity cost (the value of what you could have otherwise done with that money during that same time window) to think about. Also, there is inflation to consider ($500 today won’t have the same spending authority in 2025).

On the opportunity cost side, think of it this way … Apple stock was $37 a share (pre-split adjusted) three years ago. It’s at $179 today. If you had put $500 into Apple in December, 2018, you’d have 13 shares that would now be worth $2350.

Your $500 would have made you an extra $1850 (a return of almost 400%).

The opportunity cost then of buying the shoes (that you later sold for what you paid) is $1850.00 ($2350 - $500). What you could have made ($2350) subtracted by what you did make ($500).

This isn’t a financial board. And I’m not trying to discourage anyone from buying shoes (I’m a shoe collector and enthusiast). I just want people to think about their tomorrow.

Paying $500 for shoes that cost $225, especially on credit, is negatively impacting your tomorrow. I’m from the inner city and I see it. Young people and people of color just don’t invest enough. Companies prey on that lack of financial sophistication to keep people mentally poor. Nike and social media has convinced folks that worth and value is linked to consumable goods and materiality and it’s not.

Nike won’t lend a hand to support when people are struggling to pay their bills in 10 years.

So please just think. Hopefully everyone gets the shoes at retail.

Be safe and blessed out there everyone.

Post of the year? :pimp:

Hit everything on the f’n head, 10000% truth

Post should be copied and posted all over the socials to the youth and minorities

Take this mf like man and get outta here witcho bad self

What's funny about the last few recent comments about Crypto/Bitcoin investments and stock investments, is that y'all are making these comments on a shoe message right after saying that y'all couldn't get these shoes for retail. Seems like y'all are pocket watching while being mad at not being able to get the shoes for retail, or y'all don't have the hustle or communication skills to get friends who work in places to get you these shoes for retail, or slightly a little over retail.

What's even more funnier about y'all know it all type of comments, is that y'all should know that buying these shoes right now and within the next 2 years is going to definitely be way more harder once time passes us along. Products getting to their destination in time to be sold hasn't gotten better, inflation, along with prices going up is going to get worser within the next year or 2, and the price of living is going to go up as well within the same timeframe.

Long story short, buying shoes right now has become a serious high end luxury. It's nothing like it use to be when you could walk in a store and buy just whatever you wanted, no matter how long they've been out, because you knew nobody wanted to pay the price of what they cost back then.

Y'all can thank Social Media/Youtube/Instagram/message borads for driving up the hype and demand for shoes so high to the point of where you literally have to enter a lottery like system or pay resell under the table just to buy the shoes that you want. The crazy part about this discussion is that i personally know people who go straight to StockX or Goat on release day or a day after to buy the new released shoes.

There's people who don't even waste their time on these foot apps or raffles or going to stores. They buy resell like it's retail without any hesitation, that blew my mind, but it also made me realize what it's become.

Watching the resell prices stay up/high with these 11's should show you what it is. Demand might change after 1 or 2 years from now, but it's strictly a pay to play market that doesn't care about your personal opinions and crying once you strike out on release day.

Nike needs to find a new player to put money into similar to the investment they put into Jordan. And find some new designers. Hasn’t been anything good that’s dropped in the past 10 years
It's what jordan did in the shoes that made us appreciate the designs so much. If he was trash, no one would care. Nike definitely needs new designers tho.

Anyone noteworthy outside of Petrie? I'm sure I like a few modern Nike/JB designs though.

Footlocker having another raffle for the cool greys near me. Another potential “L” awaits. Stores that showed up for me were Fresno, Concord, and Antioch.

Footlocker having another raffle for the cool greys near me. Another potential “L” awaits. Stores that showed up for me were Fresno, Concord, and Antioch.
Pimp you gotta barter with your local resellers. Sometimes they crack under pressure and get desperate and sell for 30-40 over retail. Everyone hungry for a buck these days

What's funny about the last few recent comments about Crypto/Bitcoin investments and stock investments, is that y'all are making these comments on a shoe message right after saying that y'all couldn't get these shoes for retail. Seems like y'all are pocket watching while being mad at not being able to get the shoes for retail, or y'all don't have the hustle or communication skills to get friends who work in places to get you these shoes for retail, or slightly a little over retail.

What's even more funnier about y'all know it all type of comments, is that y'all should know that buying these shoes right now and within the next 2 years is going to definitely be way more harder once time passes us along. Products getting to their destination in time to be sold hasn't gotten better, inflation, along with prices going up is going to get worser within the next year or 2, and the price of living is going to go up as well within the same timeframe.

Long story short, buying shoes right now has become a serious high end luxury. It's nothing like it use to be when you could walk in a store and buy just whatever you wanted, no matter how long they've been out, because you knew nobody wanted to pay the price of what they cost back then.

Y'all can thank Social Media/Youtube/Instagram/message borads for driving up the hype and demand for shoes so high to the point of where you literally have to enter a lottery like system or pay resell under the table just to buy the shoes that you want. The crazy part about this discussion is that i personally know people who go straight to StockX or Goat on release day or a day after to buy the new released shoes.

There's people who don't even waste their time on these foot apps or raffles or going to stores. They buy resell like it's retail without any hesitation, that blew my mind, but it also made me realize what it's become.

Watching the resell prices stay up/high with these 11's should show you what it is. Demand might change after 1 or 2 years from now, but it's strictly a pay to play market that doesn't care about your personal opinions and crying once you strike out on release day.
Resell is the new retail

Any body here got a pair off stockx or flight club

Just saw this video

Could some of yall who got a pair there or anywhere else share a pic of the bottom of your insoles??

Maybe we can start comparing all our insoles and where you purchased??

Seems the video is clout chasing but if they are correct in this vid sheesh the extent you gotta go to tell if they are fake is crazy

Last edited:
Any body here got a pair off stockx or flight club

Just saw this video

Could some of yall who got a pair there or anywhere else share a pic of the bottom of your insoles??

Maybe we can start comparing all our insoles and where you purchased??

Seems the video is clout chasing but if they are correct in this vid sheesh the extent you gotta go to tell if they are fake is crazy

Didn’t see this post until after I posted but That’s exactly how my pair is that came in from Goat today smh I’ll do the return process in the morning

You can’t really trust the DHL deliveries

Last edited:
Don't forget that when a newer account that hasn't been here long starts posting long dissertations and trying to sound intelligent, it's probably Coach Hubie.

🤣🤣🤣 at his homeboy or cousin with the ad lib commentary.

I didn’t cop from stockx or goat but out of curiosity and comparison here are my insoles from a pair I copped from ebay and and one I got on early reserve from Nike.

Funny enough the one from Nike has a stamp. I don’t have any doubts on the ebay pair though, as they are basically identical in quality, fit, stitch and shape.

Left insole: ebay Right insole: Nike
C2E89ABF-BDB1-45A5-BDCC-40D99961044E.jpeg

Ebay:
03C9510D-8EC5-4D8E-82F9-BF2897D2181C.jpeg

Nike:
CBFA4A26-98F3-4EA2-B36F-9754A412F440.jpeg

Left: Ebay Right: Nike
0DD9D8D9-2870-440B-B482-9D0C371DB17E.jpeg

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣 at his homeboy or cousin with the ad lib commentary.

I didn’t cop from stockx or goat but out of curiosity and comparison here are my insoles from a pair I copped from ebay and and one I got on early reserve from Nike.

Funny enough the one from Nike has a stamp. I don’t have any doubts on the ebay pair though, as they are basically identical in quality, fit, stitch and shape.

Left insole: ebay Right insole: Nike
C2E89ABF-BDB1-45A5-BDCC-40D99961044E.jpeg

Ebay:
03C9510D-8EC5-4D8E-82F9-BF2897D2181C.jpeg

Nike:
CBFA4A26-98F3-4EA2-B36F-9754A412F440.jpeg

Left: Ebay Right: Nike
0DD9D8D9-2870-440B-B482-9D0C371DB17E.jpeg
5A0EBFE7-778E-4B04-8E43-86E3A8511D79.jpeg
122397DF-D4C4-4C1F-8489-927080D501E6.jpeg

And here’s mine from Goat smh completely different. Couldn’t catch a pair for retail and of course since I wanted em that bad and was willing to shell out about $60 extra on the resell market, I still caught a L

I’d say let’s wait and see if someone copped from Nike that has insoles like yours before you lose all hope 😕. Different factory?
Not sure. They arrived today from Goat. I saw the viral videos going around so I checked mine and saw the same result. I think the last 3 purchases I made off Goat came from overseas via DHL but this 1 seems sketchy. It’s a shame the authentication places when that’s your last resort are just as flawed as entering 20+ raffles and losing all of em lol

I’ll just make light of the situation. It is what it is. Luckily I can do a return process

Back
Top Bottom