HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Don't wanna turn this into a lesson of any sort, but it's all part of FOMO/scarcity marketing; this is why Nike is SO GOOD at marketing. For years.

They take their products, limit it, and they keep doing it in order to engage us consumers to buy anything they release even if we don't have genuine intentions of wanting it. Losses will stick longer in one's mind than wins, so every chance we get is almost some form of "redemption." What do we all do? Most people will keep trying with any shoe until they see that "Got 'Em" notification. Once we FINALLY get that win, we're like "okay cool, what's next?"

With bots and/or the resale market, it will ALWAYS help Nike, because the consumers (resellers and genuine collectors) are adding to their formula. All Nike has to do is keep the wheel turning and the world spinning, so they just repeat this formula 24/7. I'm not gonna try to be perfect here and say, "yeah I knew this for years and that's why I don't buy their stuff." It's definitely gotten me. It's just different once you're aware of what you're doing and what they're doing. It took me a good few years to realize this, but maybe I'm just too analytical as a human being on the daily to finally see this within the last year or two.

How can we stop this? Ideally in a perfect world, everybody just stops buying their ****, at least the targeted items. Realistically, that's not going to happen. I personally think just being aware of what they're doing will really help understand what's going on.

Last edited:
End of the day, nobody knows Nike's algorithm on how they give out EA. Honestly, my brother in law only uses the app whenever I tell him I want something and to try for it. He got EA to Oreo 4's and the sacai undercover waffles last year. Nothing super hyped, but still more EA than my account that I actually like and watch videos on. Sub to notify me on releases I want too. Feel like Nike sometimes gives out EA whenever they see an account stop being as active as a way to sucker people back in.

End of the day, nobody knows Nike's algorithm on how they give out EA. Honestly, my brother in law only uses the app whenever I tell him I want something and to try for it. He got EA to Oreo 4's and the sacai undercover waffles last year. Nothing super hyped, but still more EA than my account that I actually like and watch videos on. Sub to notify me on releases I want too. Feel like Nike sometimes gives out EA whenever they see an account stop being as active as a way to sucker people back in.

The more accounts they can get back to be active, the better the scarcity effect.

Don't wanna turn this into a lesson of any sort, but it's all part of FOMO/scarcity marketing; this is why Nike is SO GOOD at marketing. For years.

They take their products, limit it, and they keep doing it in order to engage us consumers to buy anything they release even if we don't have genuine intentions of wanting it. Losses will stick longer in one's mind than wins, so every chance we get is almost some form of "redemption." What do we all do? Most people will keep trying with any shoe until they see that "Got 'Em" notification. Once we FINALLY get that win, we're like "okay cool, what's next?"

With bots and/or the resale market, it will ALWAYS help Nike, because the consumers (resellers and genuine collectors) are adding to their formula. All Nike has to do is keep the wheel turning and the world spinning, so they just repeat this formula 24/7. I'm not gonna try to be perfect here and say, "yeah I knew this for years and that's why I don't buy their stuff." It's definitely gotten me. It's just different once you're aware of what you're doing and what they're doing. It took me a good few years to realize this, but maybe I'm just too analytical as a human being on the daily to finally see this within the last year or two.

How can we stop this? Ideally in a perfect world, everybody just stops buying their ****, at least the targeted items. Realistically, that's not going to happen. I personally think just being aware of what they're doing will really help understand what's going on.

The problem is that when X amount of people delete the app and decide to stop buying their products, there are Y amount of people to take their place. In this case, X represents the older generation that theyre to push out of the hobby and are outgrowing it, while Y is the younger generation who often confuse want vs. need and have more free desposable income due to lack or financial responsibilites. Honestly, the older generation has had our time to enjoy most of whats come out already since they've retroed them before, in some times, several different times.

Exactly.. I'm not buying that you have to pay to play with Nike. No one knows but it's more about the FOMO for them. They don't make big buck off of limited releases with less than 200k if that made. They see a new customer and shoot their shot.. loyal customers with Nike+ apps 10+ years aren't going anywhere so F them :lol:

Annnnnnd the SNKRS content don't even be that fire.. some of it be type boring/repetitive, cringe, and inaccurate sometimes.

Don't have the subscription, but found this from the Complex magazine + someone's thoughts.

What is the Dedication Score?

Donahoe said that during a launch for the “Cool Grey” Air Jordan 11, invites to buy the product were sent out to women users on the SNKRS app. He said the members of the group were selected using Nike’s new “dedication score,” which is designed to reward member groups with high product affinity. Donahoe next mentioned the SNKRS app’s exclusive access method that encourages users to buy coveted product by sending them an invitation via push notification.

His citing the dedication score—which Nike hasn’t publicly referenced before—and exclusive access so close to each other makes it seem that one is part of the other, and that the score is a new factor that Nike will use in determining who is allowed to purchase its most limited product in the SNKRS app. Nike has given some explanation about exclusive access before, but never been totally transparent about how it works.

Its CEO is a proponent of the launch method, saying on Nike’s last earnings call that it helped bring the Off-White x Nike Dunk Low launch to the “most deserving” customers.

This is where i got off the sneakers ride, if I have to do all of this to buy a pair of sneakers then its not worth it. I deleted SNKRS and all of the other sneaker apps off my phone on New Years Eve. Essentially, all of the sites are pay-to-play now where you have to make a certain amount of purchases to show loyalty.

I'm not buying stuff I don't need or want just to have access to the stuff I truly want I guess I'm definitely falling back I just want my fire red 3s og

But these app don't even give you chance to spend money they keep rewarding the same cats
"The most deserving customers" is so asinine. I've bought A LOT of product direct from Nike for 20 years online and basically never win anything anymore. And like others said, I can't buy more product on SNKRS than I do because it won't let me buy the stuff I want. It's nonsense. And if there are people programmed/compelled to buy loads of stuff they don't want from Nike just to get the stuff they do want at retail, I feel massively sorry for them and their stunted brains. Yeah, let me spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on junk I don't want just so I can get some Cool Gray XIs for MSRP. That makes a lot of sense LOL. Or I could, you know, just pay $150 or $200 more than retail for the pairs I do want. I know none of us LIKE paying resale, but I'll pay resale all day rather than spending even more than that on a bunch of trash I have no use for. It's pretty simple math on that one.

My issue is them saying one thing and the doing another.

They have said engagement increases chances for EA and drops but then will give it to mostly new accounts.
Then with the off whites dunks we seen that a lot went to new accounts only for them to come out and see and say oh” EA was granted mainly if you missed on a previous drop”.

I’ve had a “GOT EM” screen for the OG OW Vapor max and they said it never went through so by there logic i should’ve got a EA for at least some OW product.

Last edited:
"The most deserving customers" is so asinine. I've bought A LOT of product direct from Nike for 20 years online and basically never win anything anymore. And like others said, I can't buy more product on SNKRS than I do because it won't let me buy the stuff I want. It's nonsense. And if there are people programmed/compelled to buy loads of stuff they don't want from Nike just to get the stuff they do want at retail, I feel massively sorry for them and their stunted brains. Yeah, let me spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on junk I don't want just so I can get some Cool Gray XIs for MSRP. That makes a lot of sense LOL. Or I could, you know, just pay $150 or $200 more than retail for the pairs I do want. I know none of us LIKE paying resale, but I'll pay resale all day rather than spending even more than that on a bunch of trash I have no use for. It's pretty simple math on that one.
Facts and the sad thing is it has came down to that paying resell for the stuff you want

They have said engagement increases chances for EA and drops but then will give it to mostly new accounts.
Then with the off whites dunks we seen that a lot went to new accounts only for them to come out and see and say oh” EA was granted mainly if you missed on a previous drop”.

I’ve had a “GOT EM” screen for the OG OW Vapor max and they said it never went through so by there logic i should’ve got a EA for at least some OW product.

This 100% happened to me.

I don’t even like that logic either. I get “engagement” tho, but it only makes sense with the things you’re interested in.

I think they should just release shoes and not say a drop date. Just a list of releases for the year. Send reserve links to those that engage and make the announcement and drop at the same time. Retailers receive pairs in the incoming weeks.

I’m not in business tho so it probably wouldn’t be logical from a business perspective.

The only raffle I’ve ever won, back in 2015. 1 win, a million losses. 😂

90E634BF-E257-4D6C-A2BD-BCC3262E4F2B.jpeg

the only way we will have a real chance of obtaining the shoes we want nike would have to go back to the way they were. until they mass produce their most popular shoes like they did in the 90s we will always hold L's. i miss the days of walking into a sneaker store, seeing a dope pair and coming back a week later and getting it, and if it so happens that it wasn't available in my size the next store 2 blocks away had it. i know everyone wants the hype shoe and something that someone else doesn't have, but at what cost?

This was me, I stopped using the app for a while and then got EA for the Fire Red 4s and the Jubilee XI's. They got me back in trying for every release and of course each W is rare. I truly believe their tactics are what people think they are, its great marketing which draws all of us in whether we like it or not.

This 100% happened to me.
I was SOOO MADD. And there was nothing they could do either.
I don’t even like that logic either. I get “engagement” tho, but it only makes sense with the things you’re interested in.

I think they should just release shoes and not say a drop date. Just a list of releases for the year. Send reserve links to those that engage and make the announcement and drop at the same time. Retailers receive pairs in the incoming weeks.

I’m not in business tho so it probably wouldn’t be logical from a business perspective.
I see your point but also. I’m assuming most of us here have had the app since it’s been public (there’s a few that have had it since it was iOS only). If you don’t know what i’m interested in by now your app doesn’t work like you say it does.

Speaking personally. I watch a lot of those lives, Heating up, Blondie beach house (actually my favorite one) etc which normally have something i’m interested in or if not i’m discovering something new from it.

Last edited:
Any news on restocks or we gotta wait for all star weekend? Don’t wanna take my chances on a fake pair coming in from resell. With all the videos exposing the fake pairs, you’d think they’d trickle down on authenticating that BS

I wish you could review Goat’s preauthenticated pairs via pics. Anyone have experience with that?

Back
Top Bottom