HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

1633189903635.jpeg

That was the ‘01 retro which was decent but not as nicely done as the newer 11 retros.
I disagree.

The only things the current XI has over the 00-01 is the patent cut, which they over corrected and it’s a bit too high, and the ankle support. Overall shape, and level of materials go to the 00-01.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s very close and the current pair is a great representation of what the XI should be, but I give the nod to the first retro.

I disagree.

The only things the current XI has over the 00-01 is the patent cut, which they over corrected and it’s a bit too high, and the ankle support. Overall shape, and level of materials go to the 00-01.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s very close and the current pair is a great representation of what the XI should be, but I give the nod to the first retro.
Well put. I agree with all of your points but I still prefer the newer versions because of the corrections you mentioned. The lack of structure in the ankle on the 00-01 pairs was the one thing I could never get over (not to mention the missing white edge on the patent leather for the playoffs and the missing blue tint in the outsoles for the columbias).

I disagree.

Thank You. Dude has lost his damn mind lol. Also the 00-01 pairs are were light years more comfortable than the current 11s and they were far closer to the OG in that regard. PL was only ever so slightly lower than the OG but at that time no one even noticed or cared because it’s not like it was OD low like the 09-15 pairs or even the DMP was.

I much prefer the newer 11's over any previous ones. The 2018 concords are as close as we will ever get to the oh besides putting a 23 on them; put a brighter red sole on the 19' playoffs and u practically have 1:1 remake. Shape on the new 11 mold is dang near identical to the og. Not sure what you folks who say the 2000-2001 pairs are closer are seeing 🤣

Last edited:
I much prefer the newer 11's over any previous ones. The 2018 concords are as close as we will ever get to the oh besides putting a 23 on them; put a brighter red sole on the 19' playoffs and u practically have 1:1 remake. Shape on the new 11 mold is dang near identical to the og. Not sure what you folks who say the 2000-2001 pairs are closer are seeing 🤣

I said in terms comfort they are closer to the OG.

Back
Top Bottom