(Holiday Post): Is belief in Santa dying among the youth

I have no kids, small cousins or nieces, however I'm wondering for the other members here who spend a lot of time with youth if the belief in Santa is disappearing?  Am I off?  And I feel like commercial T.V. has to do with a lot of it.  Feedback?

I Agree with you but I think it has more to do with the economic climate, currently. Adults are too busy worrying about the future to cater to a child's imagination. Kinda sad but I think it will have underlying benefits later on.

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

I Agree with you but I think it has more to do with the economic climate, currently. Adults are too busy worrying about the future to cater to a child's imagination. Kinda sad but I think it will have underlying benefits later on.

great way to sum it up.  Ever since I got out of HS, it's just felt less and less "Christmassy".  When I go home for the holidays, it makes me sad knowing that when I was a kid, every house was fully lighted up with props on the lawn and everything and now, it's almost kind of creepy only seeing one random house with decoration.
frown.gif

After high school Christmas really was more about being around family for me. Great to get presents and cards but that overall excitement of waking up that morning won't be back until I have little ones to trick on
laugh.gif

Also as adults now we see how much bread gets tossed around and the scavenger hunts for that one item. To go through that and have the credit given to Santa? Nah b
laugh.gif

As much as Santa is portrayed in the media ie him shopping at Target, Best Buy, etc kids believe he's just a regular dude that buys gifts instead of making them like the story goes.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

As much as Santa is portrayed in the media ie him shopping at Target, Best Buy, etc kids believe he's just a regular dude that buys gifts instead of making them like the story goes.

Not in my household. Santa is real...Except for one of my daughters doesn't like him because he gives out candy canes...She doesn't like candy canes. lol.

I'm not teaching my children this crap. You know where those gifts come from? Hard earned money from hard work, and some children cannot afford these things so always be thankful for what u have.

Both of my girls believe, and we'll keep it going until they reach 8 or 9.
I've had more fun being Santa over the years, than I did as a kid waiting on him to deliver. 
pimp.gif

I hope so...he's a slaveowner, a home invader, a pedophile and a show-stealer, whether you're Jesus or a parent...$%*! 'im. My kids will be the class mythbusters
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by potus2028

I hope so...he's a slaveowner, a home invader, a pedophile and a show-stealer, whether you're Jesus or a parent...$%*! 'im. My kids will be the class mythbusters
laugh.gif

dat scrooge swagg

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I've had more fun being Santa over the years, than I did as a kid waiting on him to deliver. 
pimp.gif

Word it would be Dope as a parent to See your kids light up with happiness it's the little things like that which makes their childhood amazing.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

pimp.gif

Word it would be Dope as a parent to See your kids light up with happiness it's the little things like that which makes their childhood amazing.

These two comments make me genuinely upset with the state of the world in more ways than I can think to type right now.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

pimp.gif

These two comments make me genuinely upset with the state of the world in more ways than I can think to type right now.
here's your gallon of moosetracks ice cream, and a box of facial tissues.
cry somewhere else.

pimp.gif

These two comments make me genuinely upset with the state of the world in more ways that I can think to type right now.

In a world of NDAA acts,super viruses being made,Nuclear proliferation,famines,Genocides,and Michael Bay movies this made you upset.Boy go sit down somewhere or go on reddit and steal get some pics.

cry somewhere else.
Why would you lie to your child for a couple of years then decide to tell them the truth?

cry somewhere else.

Go lie to your children somewhere else. Its so CUTE seeing them with their minds clogged full of crap and a lack of appreciation for the hard work their parents put in to purchase gifts that the rest of the world can only dream of. How delightful!

But no, its more important to waste time on perpetrating a pointless myth for the sake of breaking their hearts later on as opposed to ACTUALLY addressing problems in the world.

These two comments make me genuinely upset with the state of the world in more ways that I can think to type right now.

In a world of NDAA acts,super viruses being made,Nuclear proliferation,famines,Genocides,and Michael Bay movies this made you upset.Boy go sit down somewhere or go on reddit and steal get some pics.

Ah yes, but in the world of "NDAA acts,super viruses being made,Nuclear proliferation,famines,Genocides,and Michael Bay movies" you want to talk about santa claus and lying to your kids. 

Ah yes, what an even better waste of society's time! 

Originally Posted by iYen

cry somewhere else.
Why would you lie to your child for a couple of years then decide to tell them the truth?
This is the way that holidays are done in my household.

I bet the same folks in here who won't allow their kids to believe in Santa won't have Christmas trees, ornaments, wreaths, mistletoes, etc. because it's a "waste" of hard earned money. Have fun being the guy everybody scratches off their list to give a gift to.

Dude please find another thread to post in what your doing at this point is trolling. You are just attacking people's beliefs at this point just because you have none of your own and want everybody to be the same as you.Whether you like it or not people will create some type of belief system or tradition.Santa Claus is harmless fun kids can learn about hardwork and money through lemonade stands,candy stands and chores. It's that one day or that one time of year a kid can truly be mystified and captivated by something .poor rich inbetween doesn't matter it can take an otherwise sad and depressed child and make them happy. Are you that bold and bad you would tell a kid that never gets anything for themselves that on that one day when everything at least tries to right for them that it's all a lie that you aren't special for one day.Like can you do it I will pay you 200 dollars to tape and record you telling a child Santa Claus is not real at a homeless shelter or at an orphanage hell Id express ship you my camera if necessary.

cry somewhere else.
[infant crying sounds]
Go lie to your children somewhere else. Its so CUTE seeing them with their minds clogged full of crap and a lack of appreciation for the hard work their parents put in to purchase gifts that the rest of the world can only dream of. How delightful!

But no, its more important to waste time on perpetrating a pointless myth for the sake of breaking their hearts later on as opposed to ACTUALLY addressing problems in the world.

[/infant crying sounds]

You're not a part of my household so none of this concerns you.
This the the way that I've chosen to run my household, and give my children what I considered a special part of my own
childhood.
So like I said before oh great chart poster....
1. moosetracks icecream.
2. facial tissues.

*slowly puts on deal with it shades*

Back
Top Bottom