Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

@VaGixxer  you all killed it
pimp.gif
 . That type of appreciation is exactly why Richmond/vcu area has always been of interest.

I will be reaching out to you man . Wish you more success !

Another one we just finished up yesterday in RVA.

Bought it 3 years ago for 60k. Saw market trending so held onto it. Full gut renovation, all new systems, and etc. Listed yesterday and already have one offer at asking (345k), hoping for a bidding situation as no showings until tomorrow at open house.
smokin.gif
Man, that place is ******* sick.  Nice job. 

My newest project in Point Loma. A little backstory...I purchased the property from a call I got off of a bandit sign I had.

Anyways, this project was fun to do. I've always loved the neighborhood of Point Loma and this is the first flip I've ever done in this area. It's. 3 bedroom / 1 bath 1008 sq ft property. Completely remodeled. Opened up the kitchen, hardwood floors throughout, kitchen and bathroom fully remodeled, backyard was cleaned up and pool was redone. Took us a while to finish because the backyard was just trashed and that alone took 3-4 weeks to completely demo.

@VaGixxer
 you all killed it :pimp:  . That type of appreciation is exactly why Richmond/vcu area has always been of interest.
I will be reaching out to you man . Wish you more success !

Thanks homie. Ended up selling 17k over list.

Man, that place is ******* sick.  Nice job. 

Thanks fam.

Awesome reno work fellas.

Thanks.

VA Gixxer. I admire you patients, 3 years is a good amount of time to sit on that property.

I bought specifically in this neighborhood about 4 million worth of real estate 3-4 years ago with the intention of holding onto all of it. In the meantime, I've bought/Sold numerous properties so keep the money coming in while we waited it out. Also own a Class A construction company. The investment def turned out to being the best play I've made so far.

looks terrific. mind sharing the #'s? also what did the backyard look like before?

Bought for $650k. Rehab was originally $60k budget but we went over because we had to put a new roof on the house, small misc. items needed replacing, and discovered a sewer pipe was corroded/leaking so we had to fix that as well and the rehab came out to a little under $80k. I wanted to do more to the backyard like adding a pergola, BBQ built in, and a fire pit but we were already way out of budget so I wasn't able to do it.

I wish I took pics of the backyard but it was a mess...the pool was drained, there was a dead possum chillin in the pool lol, garbage everywhere from on the ground to inside the pool, big trees and vines growing out of control, old school satellite dish where the bushes/trees surrounding it engulfed the dish because it was never trimmed, there was pergola that was rotted out, the fence was leaning and needed to be replaced....the whole backyard was a mess to a point where you couldn't see the cement on the ground. It was really bad but I knew the potential the backyard had because of the backyard views and it's the only house on the street where the backyard is leveled unlike the other homes where there's like 2-4 levels where it dimishes the size of the backyard.

I'm just happy we are finally done and putting it on the market this Wednesday for $839k. So far we've had great feedback from an open house we did on Sunday and I'm doing an open this Saturday. Hoping to sell this one quick because I've got 1 project that's going to close escrow in 7 days and ready to be remodeled and I should be buying another project by the end of the month/early April. So far this year has been great and busy.

Last edited:
Bought for $650k

That's pretty good, 77% of ARV. Is your deal flow still MLS or are you getting deals off market/another way?

Was your first deal(s) w/ your partner hard money or bank or private?

I'm building list of dilapidated/vacant properties, so far have about 20, plan on using hard money if it comes to fruition.

That's pretty good, 77% of ARV. Is your deal flow still MLS or are you getting deals off market/another way?

Was your first deal(s) w/ your partner hard money or bank or private?

I'm building list of dilapidated/vacant properties, so far have about 20, plan on using hard money if it comes to fruition.

The last 4 deals have been off market referrals. The next 2 projects I'm purchasing are off market as well. I still check the MLS listings to see if there's anything good and the last offer I made on property was $515k listed for $525k and it ended selling for $550k. This house had really bad foundation issues and outdated. My main concern was the foundation because I've dealt with projects with foundation issues and it can be an easy fix or can wreck your rehab budget so I was cautious with the offer. MLS deals are still good but the competition is ridiculous and they have been going for way over list price. :rolleyes

When I first started, it was ALL MLS deals. 2 years into it I've met a lot of people who now just email or text me any off market deals. I get about 2-3 a day and just cherry pick the deals that pencils out right for my company.

My partner and I use private funding and our own money first and foremost because we don't have to pay interest/points. We've also done hard money and it just depends on the situation, project, time frame, and how much money we want to spend.

Hard money is good but you just gotta make sure your ducks are all in a row. I worked with an investor who was using hard money and he had no idea what he was doing and he had to back out of a deal which was very lucrative and I ended buying the property because we had the funds to do so.

Is there anything you can put on top of a white vinyl fence to make it taller ? I bought a hoop and my ball already went over twice. I hate annoying people.

Is there anything you can put on top of a white vinyl fence to make it taller ? I bought a hoop and my ball already went over twice. I hate annoying people.

Just a thought what about a net that you put up when you play.

That way you can take it down and it isnt an eye sore to the neighbors. Just roll it up and store it till the next time

Portable version of this

Kinda relevant to the topic, but anyone else hate yard work as much as me? :lol: I don't get how people enjoy this **** :rofl:.

I was going to mow the lawn today but my dawn riding lawnmower won't start and IDK why and somehow my edger doesn't have any line in it. Just said **** it. Going to call a dude who I know will do it for $40 while I try to figure out my tools. And keeping the landscaping part in front of my house nice is never happening.

Kinda relevant to the topic, but anyone else hate yard work as much as me?
laugh.gif
I don't get how people enjoy this ****
roll.gif
Hell yea, it ******* sucks. 

I have this ******* tree in my backyard that drops these seed pods like that look like burgundy bananas.  Cleaned it up last year and filled up 14 of those 30-gallon paper lawn bags.  Figured that the previous owners never did it, and that was why there were so many. 

Just did it again a couple weeks ago, and filled up 7 or 8 more bags.  Wtf.  Then raked / did the front yard, and filled up like 6 more bags. 

I'm tired today. My hamstrings are sore from all this lawn work 
laugh.gif

i have a small side yard I have to take care of. I'm already dreading it. I wonder how much it would cost to have someone do it.

I just cleaned the sewer line for the first time. :x

Back
Top Bottom