Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

You sold that little house for how much? Houses like this is the price around here

Yah I know...$835k for a 1000 sq ft home is crazy but the neighborhood is awesome and one of the sought out areas in SD. I'd like to live in the same neighborhood but housing prices are ridiculous. Then again, if I can find another project in the same area, I may consider keeping it for myself. Lol

For folks dealing with tenant(s), have you guys ever complained to them about the water bill ? Our recent water bill was at its highest in 3 years. We're only two people and moved in October. Our tenant is a single mom with 3 kids, but the mom is over a lot and she's not on the lease. I know 8 total people lived in both units before so it's weird that its that high. My girl wanted to say something, but I told her if it comes that high again then she can say something. I don't want to have an issue with my tenant because she's quiet and pays rent on time.

Yah I know...$835k for a 1000 sq ft home is crazy but the neighborhood is awesome and one of the sought out areas in SD. I'd like to live in the same neighborhood but housing prices are ridiculous. Then again, if I can find another project in the same area, I may consider keeping it for myself. Lol
Cali aint not joke. 

if i showed you the homes here for $800k+ 
eek.gif

Cali aint not joke. 
if i showed you the homes here for $800k+ :wow:

Ridiculous, houses that small in Pittsburgh go for less than $100k, albeit they're extremely outdated (hard to find a home built after 1950)

Wife and I are still looking and decided to scrap NACA since we can't get any consistency and are going to go w/ FHA. Gotta get the student loans under control though before we can even consider applying.

Me and the wife are looking into moving to leimert park, Windsor hills/view park, "black Beverly Hills" adjacent here in Los Angeles....

As a sherrif she gets the crime info and it has us scratching our heads.

The homes go for 600-1.5 mil depending on the street and/ or apex ( the higher up the hills, the more expensive).

Some of the 700k need new kitchens and bathrooms.

I say all that to say this.... that's what us Los Angeles cats deal with. And it's not for a massive 5 bedroom. Most these houses are 2/1.

Last edited:
Man, looking for a crib in LA(SFV) and prices have gone way up in the last 5 months. Hoping some of these start to drop a bit.

Man, looking for a crib in LA(SFV) and prices have gone way up in the last 5 months. Hoping some of these start to drop a bit.

Housing prices will continue to rise. Especially here in SD. Not enough inventory and too many people wanting to buy. The last 5 transactions I've made we've sold/bought over asking price. My most recent project sold for $10k over asking price and I didn't have to put it on the MLS. A couple drove by and called us and made us an offer because they've been outbud on offers 10 times so they weren't messing around. If only all my deals are like this :tongue:

Rev needs to give us some hookups.

Find me a property in leimert park/Windsor/view park/ladera that won't pop up on zillow etc and that I can finance traditionally.

There's this one Jew who literally buys everything cash and flips. You can tell it's the same dude who hit my block cause of the finishes. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Housing prices will continue to rise. Especially here in SD. Not enough inventory and too many people wanting to buy. The last 5 transactions I've made we've sold/bought over asking price. My most recent project sold for $10k over asking price and I didn't have to put it on the MLS. A couple drove by and called us and made us an offer because they've been outbud on offers 10 times so they weren't messing around. If only all my deals are like this :tongue:

Do you save money by not listing on MLS?

Had my upstairs completely painted this weekend. Was a light beige color in most of the upstairs but it was so close to the white baseboards/trim you could barely tell. So we painted the large wall a dark grey and the other walls a light silver. Also painted the ceilings bright white. More contrast, makes the house seem newer/updated. So glad we paid to have it done instead of doing it ourselves, these guys worked their ***** off for 12+ hours yesterday, then had to finish touching up today for a few hours

I need some better before pics, especially since we opted for a new roof and decided to re-do the paneling on the front by doing it horizontally.
Some before and during:

After: (never mind the clothes - my wife held a pop up for her online business)

Also, phase 1 was our existing living room and taking the brick fireplace out and having it flush with the existing wood floor:

Not sure to be honest where the multi-colored one came from, but I do know it was online. My wife got it.

The white/black one was a display at West Elm we picked up then had professionally cleaned.

Had my upstairs completely painted this weekend. Was a light beige color in most of the upstairs but it was so close to the white baseboards/trim you could barely tell. So we painted the large wall a dark grey and the other walls a light silver. Also painted the ceilings bright white. More contrast, makes the house seem newer/updated. So glad we paid to have it done instead of doing it ourselves, these guys worked their ***** off for 12+ hours yesterday, then had to finish touching up today for a few hours

painted my house too. which grey did you go with?

painted my house too. which grey did you go with?
Dark wall was called "Gauntlet"  and the lighter walls were "Classic Silver" or "Light Silver" or something like that.  Sherwin Williams or Behr, can't remember.  My wife did the choosing, after painting like 15+ different sample spots on the wall 

Back
Top Bottom