Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

FYI... If you're on the fence about buying, now is a GREAT time to buy (not just a cliche). Mortgage rates are dropping like a rock now due to the drama happening in Europe. According to Bankrate, a 30 yr. fixed is 3.72%, down from 3.84% last week and the 15 yr. fixed fell below 3% too.

This.

I just spoke to some family members that's in the business.

Housing Administration dropped the Mortgage Premium by .5% :x :wow: NOW is the perfect time to buy!

Also consider streamline refinancing.

My boy just did it, he's saving $450 on his mortgage payments.

keep this thread alive.

i started taking real estate classes to get my sales agent licence. i started in october, i hope to be licensed by july. 

I planned on refinancing, but i believe you need to have a lil cash for something similar to a closing cost, is this true?

I planned on refinancing, but i believe you need to have a lil cash for something similar to a closing cost, is this true?
Not necessarily. Some companies will allow you to roll the refi costs into the loan. I just refinanced a couple months ago. Was about to put down $1500 for the costs. Once I did a cost analysis, it would take about 8 years to get a return on the difference between the no cost refi and the $1500 one.

Has anyone bought an investment/rental property in another state? Any experiences / tips / suggestions?

Just got to listen to the CEO of Keller Williams speak today. Some great stuff. Takeaways for Real Estate pros:

- There are no good and bad markets, only markets and opportunities to help people

- Pay yourself first. Make it at least 10%, if not more

- Have a rainy day fund and make it separate from your other accounts.

- Real Estate runs in cycles, generally in 7 year stints. His key indicators were to evaluate the supply and demand of the market, if they are out of wack, look for a market correction

- If you're investing in Real Estate, always make sure it has a positive cash flow. Even if there is significant appreciation, you don't want to feed the property if the market turns.

Question for yall.

Im out here in the bay area where the market is am anomaly as far as price and demand at this tim . How yall feel about bmr homes?

Has anyone bought an investment/rental property in another state? Any experiences / tips / suggestions?
Good question i have been looking into this recently
Was there anything you found out about this?  Wifey and I want to purchase a house in Arizona while the prices are down and we would eventually move into it.  I heard banks are not willing to do an investment property without having prior investment history or at least 25% down.  And I heard rates are higher. 

What is your guys monthly mortgage:net income ratio? I know the rule of thumb is .25-.28 of gross income, but my wife and I found a great house that would be a .34 (mortgage:net). Together we make 6 figures, so .66 of our income would be a lot more than .66 of someone who is making 60k. I'm trying to justify this and it fits into my budget, I just really don't like that .34 ratio. Any advice?

Last edited:
I'm looking to do a small place no more than 1000 square feet. Small bachelor pad. Pops friend builds these small homes in 90 days.

Heres one I really like. It's only 400 sqft but as a Navy veteran I'm used to storing my worldly possessions in a space the size of a coffin.

That's a really nice house.

Does your friend's pop have a website?

Denver housing market is at an all-time high, our house we built in 2011 appreciated 23% in 3 years. Sold it and now we're building another new joint.

Meritage Homes has, by far, been the best experience I've ever had in making a large investment.

2 more months and we should be in there. 3 car garage, 3,900 square feet, hardwood floors entire house, his and hers closets, sinks, his and hers showers, walkout basement, private balcony off master bedroom.

My bad for being a cornball and talking about it, but I haven't been this excited since I got my first car at 15 lol. 17 years later...

Last edited:
Just discovered this thread. In the process of having a new house built. First home purchase. Its been quite a process as we're getting married in June as well. Here's a picture of the framing going up from a few days ago. Can't wait

Front yard view

Side view

Backyard

Any info on california first time home buyer? me and my family trying to cop our first home.. we been renting houses for 10-11 years now and enough is enough. we need to make a move and buy a house. But we want to take advantage of everything we can, state-wise, federal- wise...

any first time home buyer who been through this wanna share their insights?

thanks,

Any info on california first time home buyer? me and my family trying to cop our first home.. we been renting houses for 10-11 years now and enough is enough. we need to make a move and buy a house. But we want to take advantage of everything we can, state-wise, federal- wise...

any first time home buyer who been through this wanna share their insights?

thanks,
what part of california? 

Denver housing market is at an all-time high, our house we built in 2011 appreciated 23% in 3 years. Sold it and now we're building another new joint.

Meritage Homes has, by far, been the best experience I've ever had in making a large investment.

2 more months and we should be in there. 3 car garage, 3,900 square feet, hardwood floors entire house, his and hers closets, sinks, his and hers showers, walkout basement, private balcony off master bedroom.

My bad for being a cornball and talking about it, but I haven't been this excited since I got my first car at 15 lol. 17 years later...
Any particular reason why Denver's housing is at all time high?  Is Boulder still more expensive?

Any particular reason why Denver's housing is at all time high?  Is Boulder still more expensive?

Im sure it has to do with recent MJ laws

So Cal, perferbaly Irvine or fullerton
You need to talk to your Bank/Credit Union, get pre-approved and see what program you and your wifey eligible for...FHA ..CalVet, VA ..etc.

Once you do that, and have a good $$ number too work with, find a good agent and start looking ....you two will have to be patience, and maybe even have to compromised on things about the house or location ....its a stressful but good feeling once you find your perfect home ...

- I just bought my first home last year using VA ....

Last edited:

Denver is weird, it's kind of all by itself out in the Rockies so national housing market trends don't apply here.

Denver is growing so fast so quickly, the market cant keep up. The rental market, re-sale market, and new home building market is off the charts right now. Maybe it's the legal weed lol, but Denver's population is swelling quickly. Lots of east coast transplants like me, and a TON of people from Southern California.

Denver is weird, it's kind of all by itself out in the Rockies so national housing market trends don't apply here.

Denver is growing so fast so quickly, the market cant keep up. The rental market, re-sale market, and new home building market is off the charts right now. Maybe it's the legal weed lol, but Denver's population is swelling quickly. Lots of east coast transplants like me, and a TON of people from Southern California.
Any reasons why people are moving there besides the legal recreational Marijuana?

Back
Top Bottom