Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Willow glen is probably the nicest neighborhood in San Jose outside of Rosegarden honestly

but as you can see its struggle life

but what yall forgetting is the house is 891 ft but that lot +10k

Last edited:
Noticed a lot of companies use HEAVY filters on their listing photos. So much that some of the pics look like watercolor paintings :lol:

Last edited:
It's crazy how ****ty some listings photos are. Like... if you have a smartphone from the last 3-4 years, you should at least have decent photos.

anybody recently purchase their crib with an FHA loan?

How long did you research lenders? Any recommendations on where to start?

Im doing the basic google stuff and looking at multiple "FHA" information sites but I cant really judge if whatever lenders the site has partnered with is who I should really consider.

I will be looking to purchase in Houston Texas, i dont know if my location matters at all.

Finally decided to sell my rental property in Oakland CA. We bought it in 2012 to live in but we outgrew after only 2 years. Been renting the last 3 years and tenants just moved out so we’re going to sell.

We paid $271k and spent $60k to take care of dry rot and termite damage. I’m hoping we will be able to get $700k for it. Not a bad profit for 6 years

Yup, with the FHA you’re paying the PMI which has NO benefit to you. Money flying out the door. We just prequalified for a mortgage and when they showed us the numbers for FHA we just said we’ll be putting %20 down lol.

Finally closed on my coop in NY paid 59k with a 5k seller concession for closing costs two years ago and sold for 75k. Time to start my next chapter in FL.

Should be starting the guest bathroom remodel later this month.

Im doing the basic google stuff and looking at multiple "FHA" information sites but I cant really judge if whatever lenders the site has partnered with is who I should really consider.

I will be looking to purchase in Houston Texas, i dont know if my location matters at all.
Pretty much every lender (at least in the state of MD) has FHA loans, other than a select few credit unions.

Good way to become a homeowner if you don't have a ton of cash. You will be paying PMI for the life of the loan though unless you refinance.

A coop for $75k in NY?

Where at?

Westchester county

Prices are starting to shoot up here with everyone running from the city.

Mt Vernon, Yonkers, New rochelle, Even up to White plains. They are building new luxury apartments to try to lure in the millennial with the easy access to the city via metro north.

I can get to Grand central in 30 min vs deep in Brooklyn/queens where it can take an hour plus on the subway. Prices are still affordable right now but I honestly think they are overbuilding in NYC and the surrounding cities and towns. These prices cant keep going up forever.

Do you have a realtor? Usually they have a specific lender they work with who are licensed for your specific state.

Also, look around for other loan programs besides FHA. My friend purchased his home w/ 10% down and doesn't have to pay PMI.

Yea I live in the deep end of queens, one exit from LI... Live in a coop development where 1br’s are going for $180k-200k

My girl works downtown Manhattan... Her commute via LIRR/MTA is 1h 15m

Not sure how she does it :smh:

Finally decided to sell my rental property in Oakland CA. We bought it in 2012 to live in but we outgrew after only 2 years. Been renting the last 3 years and tenants just moved out so we’re going to sell.

We paid $271k and spent $60k to take care of dry rot and termite damage. I’m hoping we will be able to get $700k for it. Not a bad profit for 6 years

Would you recommend doing this / do it again?

I'm wondering if I should do the same in Denver. **** just keeps going up but I dunno if I should just sell and realize the appreciation when we move.

Would you recommend doing this / do it again?

I'm wondering if I should do the same in Denver. **** just keeps going up but I dunno if I should just sell and realize the appreciation when we move.

I would def do it again. We’re selling because the house is 100 years old and not in the best shape.
If the house was in a better condition I probably would not be selling. I didn’t mention in my original post but we did a cash out refi for $130k. The best part was our mortgage after the CORF was still less than what we were getting for rent. We were planning to do work in the house we were living but we ended taking that money and bought another place.

There’s a book by one of the BP guys called The book on rental property investing. I haven’t read it myself but it might be a good read

i recently copped a 2 family crib, and my realtor is helping me fill the upstairs unit with a tenant. He brought a husband/wife couple over to see the house yesterday while i was at work, so i was not able to meet them in person. The couple ended up wanted to proceed in renting the unit. I asked my realtor that i want to meet and interview them to see if they would be a good fit and he said he can show us their application paperwork and we can schedule a call with them at his office. But I wanted to interview them in person and physically meet them, since they will be living on top of us. He replied saying that will be the last step, and then we can sign the leases if all goes well. Is it weird to wait until the end to meet them in person? As a HR professional, it would be crazy to not meet and interview a candidate face to face until the very end. that should, in my opinion, be the first step after reviewing their application. Thoughts?

i recently copped a 2 family crib, and my realtor is helping me fill the upstairs unit with a tenant. He brought a husband/wife couple over to see the house yesterday while i was at work, so i was not able to meet them in person. The couple ended up wanted to proceed in renting the unit. I asked my realtor that i want to meet and interview them to see if they would be a good fit and he said he can show us their application paperwork and we can schedule a call with them at his office. But I wanted to interview them in person and physically meet them, since they will be living on top of us. He replied saying that will be the last step, and then we can sign the leases if all goes well. Is it weird to wait until the end to meet them in person? As a HR professional, it would be crazy to not meet and interview a candidate face to face until the very end. that should, in my opinion, be the first step after reviewing their application. Thoughts?
There are some potential fair housing issues that I think your realtor may be worried about.

Is it smart to pull from a 401k to use as a down payment on a house? First time home buyer in cali.
I'd say it's pretty dependent on your financial situation. Age too.

I've worked with a bunch of buyers under 30 that have done it over the years.

Back
Top Bottom