Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

I voted against having these old geysers pay lower taxes

hell nah over my dead body fambz
So when you buy a house, and property taxes continue to go up every single year just so the county can trick off the money, don’t complain.

Its not just for the old geezers, it’s for all homeowners. And these idiot politicians and their puppets think anybody who is buying a home is “rich,” so let’s tax the “rich”

So when you buy a house, and property taxes continue to go up every single year just so the county can trick off the money, don’t complain.

Its not just for the old geezers, it’s for all homeowners. And these idiot politicians and their puppets think anybody who is buying a home is “rich,” so let’s tax the “rich”
bruh idk where ur coming from but taxes are always going up for americans lmao

death and taxes r the only thang guaranteed playa

why would i make it okay for others based on their age to bypass these taxes :lol:
and its also letting people who gift their property to their kin or whatever to by pass taxes, im good off that.

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain I thought you were referring to Prop 15 which was also in relation to taxes.

I get it, we all have to pay taxes. But the misuse of funds by city/county/state/federal is absurd. And taxes in CA are getting beyond ridiculous, just so Gavin Newsome can go sign a bill for $500 million for hotels for the homeless while families across the state can’t even afford wifi so their kids can do their ****en homework :smh:

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain I thought you were referring to Prop 15 which was also in relation to taxes.

I get it, we all have to pay taxes. But the misuse of funds by city/county/state/federal is absurd. And taxes in CA are getting beyond ridiculous, just so Gavin Newsome can go sign a bill for $500 million for hotels for the homeless while families across the state can’t even afford wifi so their kids can do their ****en homework :smh:
bruh g@vin is the biggest turd ever

hes a damn theif did u hear of this? You can search more of how he dodged taxes on his home lol

One thing that’s become extraordinarily clear to Californians in 2020 is that there’s one set of rules for Gov. Gavin Newsom, and there’s another set of rules for the rest of us. He preaches that we’re all in this together and that we have to sacrifice to “meet this moment,” yet he’s not missing a paycheck.

As California businesses struggle, he sends a $1 billion contract for masks to a Chinese company. When he shut down wineries throughout 80 percent of California, he kept his open.

While the dream of owning a home is increasingly out of reach for California’s families, it appears that Newsom received a $3.7 million estate from an LLC owned by his cousin then, a few months later took out a $2.695 million (tax-free) cash-out mortgage on it — and didn’t report the gift on any of his financial disclosure forms.

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain Yea, he’s a piece of ****. And just to know he’s probably going to be our future president one day :smh:

He’s the perfect example of the misuse of funds. Executive order after executive order and just handing out money left and right. Pandemic where? And while he took a 10% paycut from ALL state employees. And coincidentally, there was a “clerical error” and none of his immediate staff got the 10% pay cut until somebody called them out on it :lol:

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain Yea, he’s a piece of ****. And just to know he’s probably going to be our future president one day :smh:

He’s the perfect example of the misuse of funds. Executive order after executive order and just handing out money left and right. Pandemic where? And while he took a 10% paycut from ALL state employees. And coincidentally, there was a “clerical error” and none of his immediate staff got the 10% pay cut until somebody called them out on it :lol:
bruh the absolute worst

hes a real slimeball and cannot wait for him to be outta office
back on topic tho

what do yall use to find home?
I use realtor.com mostly but the best homes are already contingent& in escrow. wondering if theres another app or service?
or would a realtor be my best bet

bruh the absolute worst

hes a real slimeball and cannot wait for him to be outta office
back on topic tho

what do yall use to find home?
I use realtor.com mostly but the best homes are already contingent& in escrow. wondering if theres another app or service?
or would a realtor be my best bet
Not a fan or Newsom but as stated earlier he is angling for a run at a presidential campaign. You could see it when he left sf to move to sac.

I wasnt a fan of removing a law that would help families trying to change the narrative. It's just irritating to see em change the rules now around passing things down to create generational wealth. Now that the jig is up and people are catching on now they wanna change it which is ridiculous.

I use redfin just to keep an eye on what's out there.

Landwatch and for houses I got an app called HomeSpotter.

your realtor has to invite you but it’s a dope app. It’s like google maps but has all the houses and tells you if they’re under contract etc. so you’re driving you see a house you peep it on the app quick.

Landwatch and for houses I got an app called HomeSpotter.

your realtor has to invite you but it’s a dope app. It’s like google maps but has all the houses and tells you if they’re under contract etc. so you’re driving you see a house you peep it on the app quick.
got something similair in the works
brothers sis n law is my realtor and she's working on creating a profile on an app that is gonna include listings in my preferred areas

Bank told me the closing team is about to start working next week on my loan. Idk if that means I’m closing a month early or what. County was backed up on platting.

all the other stuff I looked at has gone under contract and my boy bought some land down the road. 3 years ago stuff was half priced here and sitting on the market for years. :wow:

I hope it doesn’t get too expensive out here. I know home builders are backed up too. Most the building is going on in the cities though. I hope the mountains stay mountains.

the bank told me rich people are buying millions of dollars in land and just seeing it by drone.

Bank told me the closing team is about to start working next week on my loan. Idk if that means I’m closing a month early or what. County was backed up on platting.

all the other stuff I looked at has gone under contract and my boy bought some land down the road. 3 years ago stuff was half priced here and sitting on the market for years. :wow:

I hope it doesn’t get too expensive out here. I know home builders are backed up too. Most the building is going on in the cities though. I hope the mountains stay mountains.

the bank told me rich people are buying millions of dollars in land and just seeing it by drone.
u are rich people

I am not rich man :lol: I just work like 70 hours a week April-nov like a savage.

me and my boys land weren’t even hellcat money. :emoji_cry:

Last edited:
Closed on our first home a couple weeks ago and slowly been getting settled in. Does anyone have experience with limiting/preventing nuisance tripping with AFCI circuit breakers?

Can’t watch TV in the bedroom for more than 30 mins without the circuit tripping. We already had the builder replace the breaker for the microwave because that tripped during every use. Oven breaker tripped 3 times the other day and the living room tripped once. In two weeks I’ve reset breakers at least 10 times. It doesn’t help the breaker panel is outside and its winter.........

I refuse to believe AFCI breaker users just deal with this. We haven’t even plugged up our office or sound system yet. House is still under warranty and I lost my first house growing up to an electrical fire. So I’m hesitant to swap out the AFCIs but this ain’t working...

Closed on our first home a couple weeks ago and slowly been getting settled in. Does anyone have experience with limiting/preventing nuisance tripping with AFCI circuit breakers?

Can’t watch TV in the bedroom for more than 30 mins without the circuit tripping. We already had the builder replace the breaker for the microwave because that tripped during every use. Oven breaker tripped 3 times the other day and the living room tripped once. In two weeks I’ve reset breakers at least 10 times. It doesn’t help the breaker panel is outside and its winter.........

I refuse to believe AFCI breaker users just deal with this. We haven’t even plugged up our office or sound system yet. House is still under warranty and I lost my first house growing up to an electrical fire. So I’m hesitant to swap out the AFCIs but this ain’t working...
Congrats on the new house. A quick google search mentions:
If the arc-fault breaker still trips, the electrician then needs to track down the cause by going into each switch, receptacle and light box to look for a wiring problem. Wires are often folded (jammed) into boxes quickly, and if the wrong two wires make contact, they can trip an AFCI.
I used a outlet receptacle tester on my outlets and they all tested fine. It would indicate if you had any crossed or improperly wired outlets
62BD87AD-1B75-42B5-8233-F628BD60B84E.jpeg

Finally closed yesterday... great feeling moving stuff in knowing you won't have to move again any time soon. Almost have everything unpacked, but I still have a ton of my stuff at my mother's that I eventually need to move. I actually have way more shoe space now... even have a big closet that looks like its ment fir stacking shoes, but I'm gonna chill.

Back
Top Bottom