Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Father in law and I installed a roll up door, was quoted $10k, did it myself for less than $2500!

Attachments

• 03D87E58-33B0-4755-8E43-2EA13F8CF2EB.jpeg
    03D87E58-33B0-4755-8E43-2EA13F8CF2EB.jpeg
    599.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DC0E82F9-812C-4FF1-96DB-BE5D555E749F.jpeg
    DC0E82F9-812C-4FF1-96DB-BE5D555E749F.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 4DC758E0-FFAC-4C29-A880-BC35488F134D.jpeg
    4DC758E0-FFAC-4C29-A880-BC35488F134D.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 329
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did your new build run you in Beacon?
Signed the contract on February 2020 for 525k, pandemic hit March 2020 by the time I closed my extras added to a total of 560k in august 2020 and the house had already appraised at 670k with Covid inflation, almost a year later after I spoke with my realtor she said comps similar to mines are now selling between 750-900k is nuts out there bruhs

Seriously who has all this money. I love real estate but feel so broke can’t buy anything even with a six figure job and over 100k saved up (Bay Area) without feeling like i’m signing myself up for servitude for the next 20 years of forced employment

Seriously who has all this money. I love real estate but feel so broke can’t buy anything even with a six figure job and over 100k saved up (Bay Area) without feeling like i’m signing myself up for servitude for the next 20 years of forced employment

I opened a Private Equity firm with a few of my older co-workers some years ago. Have been doing very well for myself. God has been good. I have property out in SF, Hong Kong, NYC, London and Paris.

Signed the contract on February 2020 for 525k, pandemic hit March 2020 by the time I closed my extras added to a total of 560k in august 2020 and the house had already appraised at 670k with Covid inflation, almost a year later after I spoke with my realtor she said comps similar to mines are now selling between 750-900k is nuts out there bruhs
Have you set a number in your head where you’d consider selling?

Planning on getting an appraisal mid/late next year. We also have a new construction SFH and the base price of our model has increased over 100k since we signed the contract just over a year ago. Its crazy. And thats without the lot premium or options.

I understand selling now means getting back in the mix when prices and competition are insane. I like our house and location but I’d be lying if I said I couldn’t be swayed by a 200k+ come up…

just sold my house i bought in 2015 now im back in the market but looking to buy again in the next 2 years hopefully this market takes a hit because i made a nice profit selling my house off during this time.

just sold my house i bought in 2015 now im back in the market but looking to buy again in the next 2 years hopefully this market takes a hit because i made a nice profit selling my house off during this time.
Ima about to do the same. I bought in 2016. Ima do a few updates to the bathrooms and kitchen and some electrical work then I hope to have it on the market by mid August. How long did it take you to sell?

Where are you looking? I found a new home just outside of Fairfield (Cordelia). My commute is only 35 mins into the city, I work in the Peninsula. I have a friend that’s been looking for a house in the Bay Area and they keep getting outbid on houses in Hayward and Castro Valley. I got way more house for my money moving further away from the city and I didn’t have to get into a bidding war for an old fixer upper. I know your situation will differ but if that’s an option I would suggest looking further.

Where are you looking? I found a new home just outside of Fairfield (Cordelia). My commute is only 35 mins into the city, I work in the Peninsula. I have a friend that’s been looking for a house in the Bay Area and they keep getting outbid on houses in Hayward and Castro Valley. I got way more house for my money moving further away from the city and I didn’t have to get into a bidding war for an old fixer upper. I know your situation will differ but if that’s an option I would suggest looking further.
707!

Yeah i’m mainly only considering Peninsula since my family lives here. Otherwise, nothing really binds me to the Bay Area (except high paying work of course) and will likely consider Washington. Prefer cooler over hot and East Bay weather is brutal to me.

Ima about to do the same. I bought in 2016. Ima do a few updates to the bathrooms and kitchen and some electrical work then I hope to have it on the market by mid August. How long did it take you to sell?

man it sold in 48 hours and i received a cash offer above asking price,

but i sold it to some investment company it wasnt a family looking to buy their first house.

it made me feel like maybe those companies are really buying up all the property to increase the rent on the middle class.

But i will see where the cards fall in 2 years time when im ready to purchase again.

My mother in law is moving and she wanted to do a new build close to us.

Yall they got a raffle system for houses in DFW.

Standing in line for hours and you might not get a house.

This **** is WILD

I bought in Hayward few months ago. 5bed/5bath for wifey and I. FHA loan put in 80k (you have enough). I converted the garage took the extra family room from the main house to make it a 2bed/1bath conversion and more space for us. I rent the remaining 5beds for 5800$/month (this covers the mortgage). I live free and cash flow 1k+/month. When we move out, we’ll rent out the garage that we’re currently staying, which will cash flow 3k+ after we leave.

plan is to save up and move to peninsula where I work in a few years.

I bought in Hayward few months ago. 5bed/5bath for wifey and I. FHA loan put in 80k (you have enough). I converted the garage took the extra family room from the main house to make it a 2bed/1bath conversion and more space for us. I rent the remaining 5beds for 5800$/month (this covers the mortgage). I live free and cash flow 1k+/month. When we move out, we’ll rent out the garage that we’re currently staying, which will cash flow 3k+ after we leave.

plan is to save up and move to peninsula where I work in a few years.

If i’m reading this correctly you and your wife live in a converted garage + extra space and rent out the other 5 rooms of the house to 5 other people?

If i’m reading this correctly you and your wife live in a converted garage + extra space and rent out the other 5 rooms of the house to 5 other people?
The red is where I added soundproofed walls
1E073E90-3C61-428E-9987-942FCEDCE566.jpeg

Yeah. The "main house" had a living room and family room, family room is closest to garage. We walled off the family room so garage has it, along with a bathroom.

Converted garage into a 1bed + kitchen, took one of the bathrooms from main house, and family room so it's a 2 bedroom/1 bath currently.

Idk too many people who’d want to live in a garage+bedroom… maybe real young adults hyper focused on saving $, more power to you

Back
Top Bottom