Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

you guys are lucky. we had a neighbor that seems to be likeable but turned out to be a psycho. stupid fella accused me of damaging his fence and claimed that he had video proof showing. I urge him to show me and complain, never did since he never had proof in the first place but the idiot loves to bark a lot. I was waiting for him to give me a reason to hurt him badly and I'm wishing that he would but never came unfortunately. idiot even got into a shouting match with my wife which was a bad mistake since that is one area that you don't want my wife to be involved in. I'm more of the physical kind which is why I need some lawful reason to beat him up.

one night when we first moved in my wife and I heard yelling from the Main Street near our house

“HELP ME PLEASE THEYRE TRYING TO GET ME HELPPPPP PLEASEEEE” at the top of their lungs. Like in a true panic.

I ran outside no shoes on to look and help, but just see my neighbor at the time, walking around my fence coming home.

I was like “did you hear that?! Where is that?!” He looks at me with a bag of groceries and goes “huh? Oh yeah. Sounded like they were over there.” with no worry. And points across the street. I ran to look didn’t see anyone or anything.

Even longer story short, it turned out to be that neighbor. He has a mental disorder of some kind and we had random instances of him screaming “ help someone’s coming to get me” and one instance of him threatening to stab his roommate over a butter knife being dirty.

Hes since moved but every now and again we’ll see him around town, dancing with himself on street corners around town. He has a full on accounting job.

For me I have similar issues since I live in a condo and on the ground floor.... my neighbor upstairs has 3 floors and has marble floors with a dog... the walls are thin in my place in general but ya my neighbor can be loud at times... I can hear every little thing whether its her walking or if shes vacuuming and sometimes the TV is turned up loud... but I just let it go because when I do stuff at my place I don't hold back either when watching tv or listening to music... one time she was complaining to my handyman because they were reglazing by bathtub and the smell was strong and went upstairs... didnt feel bad one bit lol...when it comes to nighttime though my sleep is unaffected and she isnt as noisy... its just weird my neighbor is home 24/7 its like they never leave the house

Yeah I get along with all my neighbors I guess I’m lucky.

The ones next door are a super chill family from Utah and the other dude on the other side likes to 💨💨 and we eat 🍄 and chill. :lol:

Another dude down the alley likes to rip dirt bikes with us. Never had normal neighbors before until now.

Its fire pit season :lol: at least my neighbors should be used to it by now from all the bbq's this year. No gas grilling for me. I do their yard work so they tolerate my bs :rofl:

if you can’t deal with fire pit season you gotta get in touch with your rugged side. :lol:

Its always fire pit season in my neighborhood.

The city stopped picking up yard waste so we all just burn it and throw the leaves in the road as a protest. :lol:

Property taxes sure went up but they provide less. EAD St. Paul public works.

Its how I get rid of most of my fallen tree branches. Couple storms this summer got my stock right. I try to keep the music down when burning wood 😂

Damn right. :lol:

Get a battery chainsaw if you really want to do work. It makes quick work of it.

Man my home should be a place of peace, don't know why some choose otherwise. Almost got into a fight and cops had to come out once on the day I moved in because my next door started ****, barking to "move the ******* truck". There was plenty space to park until we were done too. Kept something in the trunk for him since that, but oddly (and lucky on my part) we never crossed paths again.

His Jabba the hut looking wife who was cheerleading that day would give me "F me" looks repeatedly though. Honestly thought about it for pure pettiness.

Got eviction trial set for my bum tenant. He hired low income lawyers, pretty sure it’s free or insanely cheap while I’m dishing out several thousands. California so unfair for landlords . When I retire I’m just gonna squat in luxury properties and hire low income lawyers

damn I'm sorry yall got bad neighbors. I live in a walk up quadriplex in one of the delibrately Blue-est parts of the city, all 3 other units are literally gay females, 2 couples. Worst complaint I'd have is the lady downstairs is a cat lady so she's always leaving out food for them but doesnt let them in her house so theres always a cat or 2 on the porch that isn't hers technically but hangs around. Literally non issue though.

Bout to move into a classic big apartment complex though with like 30 buildings and reviews are all over the place so who knows how it'll work out here

Got eviction trial set for my bum tenant. He hired low income lawyers, pretty sure it’s free or insanely cheap while I’m dishing out several thousands. California so unfair for landlords . When I retire I’m just gonna squat in luxury properties and hire low income lawyers
bruh i had to deal with this in like 2017/2018 absolute horrible experience, the system for landlords in california is in shambles.
if u have good experience with those lawyers do u mind PM'ing me? Been looking for someone good for an eviction im looking to handle

Some of you guys may remember but my wife and I bought a house about 8-9yrs ago with the intention to renovate it over time. We finished the 1st (except the kitchen) and 2nd floors (except the master bathroom) back in 2016 and then a complete basement reno in 2019.

So we just wrapped up the master bathroom renovation and we're really happy with the way it turned out. Check out the pics let me know what y'all think. Design by DPA

EXISTING
IMG_7600.jpg

IMG_7602.jpg
IMG_7603.jpg

RENOVATED

IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0333.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

Last edited:
bruh i had to deal with this in like 2017/2018 absolute horrible experience, the system for landlords in california is in shambles.
if u have good experience with those lawyers do u mind PM'ing me? Been looking for someone good for an eviction im looking to handle
Jury is still out until end of this month, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Making me so afraid to rent out my Cali place^
In almost 10 years, had 2 evictions with 2 properties. 1. Is this one with inherited tenant who has been terrible since I got the place and COVID moratorium made it worse. 2. Had a tenant who had poor credit, gave me sob story about recent divorce and his kids, and as a younger dad I fell for it. Tried to help him and his little ones out, and he made my life hell. 100% my fault, and learned a valuable lesson to run it like a business. Have 3 other units (2 properties, but multi family properties with several units here in California that have had 0 issues with tenants)

Properly vet your tenants and you’ll have no problems. Pick tenants with your head and not your heart

Have any of yall ever done an addition to your homes? With the prices of houses and with how annoying the buying processes was thinking I’ll keep my house now. My house is fine bedroom wise. We have 4 bedrooms but really lacking in the closet and storage space 😫

Have any of yall ever done an addition to your homes? With the prices of houses and with how annoying the buying processes was thinking I’ll keep my house now. My house is fine bedroom wise. We have 4 bedrooms but really lacking in the closet and storage space 😫

I haven't done an extension on my personal home but I've worked on a lot of them. It will be a balancing act between the cost/size of the addition and if you might over build the neighborhood vs the cost of buying a new house and moving, especially in this climate. Do you have an idea of how big of an addition you'd want to do?

Back
Top Bottom