Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

What’s the deal with putting your property in a trust?

I just seen something that if you don’t then it goes to probate. Having a will isn’t good enough?

House are starting to sit and are being reduce on daily.

If I was looking to sale now or recently bought, I'd be mad AF.

House are starting to sit and are being reduce on daily.

If I was looking to sale now or recently bought, I'd be mad AF.

I bought Aug 2022. Not bad. Not happy. 5.5% interest rate is better than what’s happening now but seeing no appreciation on the house after seeing house appreciate so past for the fast decade (at least out here) got me a little annoyed that timing for financial stuff always screwing me

At least you're witnessing some growth; in my neighborhood, house prices are decreasing. The combination of high interest rates, slow sales, and price reductions is causing this decline. I'm relieved I wasn't planning to cash out.

I bought Aug 2022. Not bad. Not happy. 5.5% interest rate is better than what’s happening now but seeing no appreciation on the house after seeing house appreciate so past for the fast decade (at least out here) got me a little annoyed that timing for financial stuff always screwing me
Still winning bro. Compared to the alternative, renting. You got a good rate locked in (compared to now) and a year of payments in the books, compared to throwing $ down the drain renting. Part of me feels good when I see the appreciation on my house but other part of me is like “who cares” I’m not selling anytime soon. My house is worth 100k less today than 2 years ago, who cares, I don’t plan to sell til my kids are grown so I got 9 more years lol

Those "tiny homes", if I was single I could easily live in those. Especially the 2nd one.

And I can make that garage look fantastic with a little work. 👍👍

Personally, the best place for a car person, is a garageominium! 👍 Garage on ground floor and apartment space upstairs. Some cool designs out there.

Those "tiny homes", if I was single I could easily live in those. Especially the 2nd one.

And I can make that garage look fantastic with a little work. 👍👍

Personally, the best place for a car person, is a garageominium! 👍 Garage on ground floor and apartment space upstairs. Some cool designs out there.
tiny homes kind of are pointless though. It’s not the price of the house for most people it’s the underlying land. Hopefully they continue to make more shared communities of tiny homes though with more community open spaces. Tho i think the idea of being friendly with a lot of people sounds better on paper than in reality

tiny homes kind of are pointless though. It’s not the price of the house for most people it’s the underlying land. Hopefully they continue to make more shared communities of tiny homes though with more community open spaces. Tho i think the idea of being friendly with a lot of people sounds better on paper than in reality

The whole friendly thing is frankly, up to the people in the neighborhood. We live in a nice townhouse neighborhood. It's open and the streets are wide and the homes aren't on top of one another (some neighborhoods the streets are so tight, you can't have 2 cars pass each other side by side due to street parking). We're friendly with a good majority of people around us & vice versa. No issues at all, especially considering how loud our cars are, when either my wife or I go to a car event on the weekend in the mornings. I know some people can be pissy about the sound of a loud cold start on these cars, but thankfully everyone is cool. That's all from being friendly. 👍

I hate the concept of tiny homes for the simple fact it feels like a band-aid on a gunshot wound of corporations buying up starter homes and making them unaffordable.

But I digress.

Last edited:
based on the last page of this thread, seems like prices are dropping because inventory is just sitting around w/ no activity?

I made this thread after forgetting there was already a real estate thread - any advice is welcome. Kind of new to this **** and feeling very indecisive

based on the last page of this thread, seems like prices are dropping because inventory is just sitting around w/ no activity?

I made this thread after forgetting there was already a real estate thread - any advice is welcome. Kind of new to this **** and feeling very indecisive

Would buy if you can. Money you used towards a house is equity and you can use that equity. (to Sell and get profit, take out loans etc.) When you buy you get a home inspection and it's thoroughly checked for repairs needed, you'll know what to expect in terms of maintenance. I'd argue that Mortage is a fixed cost, while rent is only a fixed cost until your lease is up and that'll likely go up after.

Its ok to rent.

The issue is people who rent usually get stuck and keep renting for years. Next thing you know you're renting for 5 years, 10 years, and now you spent 100-200k in which a good portion could've been used on a downpayment.

If you decide to rent, imho, max 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom