Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Yes PLEASE

Wassup brethren. Checking in. The attorneys office that I work with has shipped my deal to a few investors. I'm just waiting for a check at this point (aren't we all?). This has been a good lesson. I don't know what was holding me back from jumping out there, but I'm glad I made it past that hurdle.

There has to be a catch, right? http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...33rd-St-Apt-34_New-York_NY_10027_M36756-17266 I mean I rent this for $1750 and that's about $1000 a month profit based on 20% down, 3.5%. I noticed one superlow NYC listing was occupied with rent stabilized tenants which I assume is impossible to kick them out or raise their rent, but if this isn't is this just the seller listing low to cause tons of offers? Because there's so many like this, esp foreclosures. Knowing yall NYCers pay $3000 for a walk in closet, doubling whatever my mortgage comes out to should be easy

I would check with the co-op board because a lot of them have restrictions about how you can sublet the apartment.

Also thats right across the street from the projects

Also factor in the 574 for maintenance.

But if you can get it to work then go for it

Last edited:
There has to be a catch, right? http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...33rd-St-Apt-34_New-York_NY_10027_M36756-17266 I mean I rent this for $1750 and that's about $1000 a month profit based on 20% down, 3.5%. I noticed one superlow NYC listing was occupied with rent stabilized tenants which I assume is impossible to kick them out or raise their rent, but if this isn't is this just the seller listing low to cause tons of offers? Because there's so many like this, esp foreclosures. Knowing yall NYCers pay $3000 for a walk in closet, doubling whatever my mortgage comes out to should be easy

Thats definitely not legit.

got this in the mail

3 day event in Charlotte NC, wouldnt mind investing in that area either

if it's free then it's all good. I've had friends who've gone to those things and they get charged for something or have them pay for additional classes/meetings.

Thats how fortune builders is

Free class upfront but tye sell you on the 3 day course which is $197. But during the 3 day course they try to sell you on the mastery course which is $25,000

Thats definitely not legit.

Going back to this another listing in the building says this

This is an exceptionally run HDFC with standard HDFC rules and regulations. No subletting, no roommates, and no pets. Income requirements are: for 1 person: must be under $72,600. For 2: $82,920. For 3: 93,240 and for 4: 103,560.

Thats how fortune builders is

Free class upfront but tye sell you on the 3 day course which is $197. But during the 3 day course they try to sell you on the mastery course which is $25,000

Exactly. My friend paid for the 3 day course. Looked at the material they gave him and asked him what he learned. I told him I could've taught you all this for free. Lol.

5 months later my friend ain't doing jack with what he learned. So I guess it worked out cuz I would've wasted my time. It's unfortunate cuz I wanted to see him succeed but i can't teach "drive".

Want to get into properties for rent/flipping/etc.

Any good reading material or sites? I'm in TX if that matters. School me on biggerpockets.com por favor.

As I'm listening to more & more podcasts I love hearing the different success stories from regular joes. So dope. :pimp:

Want to get into properties for rent/flipping/etc.

Any good reading material or sites? I'm in TX if that matters. School me on biggerpockets.com por favor.

Sign up for Biggerpockets and post on the forum. I think there's a sub forum for Texas and other cities. Listen to the podcasts as well. There's a lot of info on there so you just gotta browse the site. Very helpful info on there.

Thanks guys, I'm so hype man. It has just about everything we were looking for in a home + more.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is the keyless entry front door. Anyone have it? If so, how has your experience been? I'm kinda uneasy about it and want to replace it in the next few years.

Last edited:
I have it. Change the code every 6 months. I'm a fan, don't have to reach for keys anymore. Been in the house for 3 years and only changed the battery once.
You can assign different codes to others.

Her parents have a certain code and so does mines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom