Homemade Engagement Ring.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

wasn't worth the time.

still bought the diamond, you can get a ring like that from a jeweler for $200
I don't know if I can agree with that. 
Almost any woman would go crazy over a man spending that much time actually making a ring that means so much to the woman instead of just spending 10min buying one. 
but for what? not 100% of the ring was made by him. how do you give a gift you "partly" made yourself?

hey babe, I made 80% of this and bought the other 20%

I don't even understand the logic.

either make it all, or don't 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneDirection

wasn't worth the time.

an engagement ring? For $200? 
laugh.gif

Idk man..... 
in that style... without the diamond... 
eyes.gif

I really don't know what to google but, is this what he "saved"... yet still bought the diamond at retail (assumed) 
eyes.gif

Amazon product ASIN B001AEGSI8
Amazon product ASIN B001AEIM2S
I'd rather he made the ring for himself than present it as a partially homemade gift

wasn't worth the time.

Almost any woman would go crazy over a man spending that much time actually making a ring that means so much to the woman instead of just spending 10min buying one. 
but for what? not 100% of the ring was made by him. how do you give a gift you "partly" made yourself?

laugh.gif

wasn't worth the time.

laugh.gif

Idk man..... 
eyes.gif

I really don't know what to google but, is this what he "saved"... yet still bought the diamond at retail (assumed) 
eyes.gif

I'd rather he made the ring for himself than present it as a partially homemade gift
i don't think it's about the money man

wasn't worth the time.

laugh.gif

wasn't worth the time.

laugh.gif

Idk man..... 
eyes.gif

eyes.gif

I'm not really understanding your logic. Just so I'm following you, are you saying dude should have made the Diamond as well? How the hell would you go about doing that??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If nobody thinks the ring looks good then none of that matters.

laugh.gif
Why wouldn't his wife think that ring looks good? What's wrong with it?Honestly, I wouldn't do this for my lady unless I had access to all of the tools/machines & had prior knowledge of how to do it. He did, so let old nerdy dude cook.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45
no
the point is that a ring is little more than a purchase, and he still purchased the bulk of it (the diamond). So what was the point?
his wife is going to have the only fake smile smirk when she gets it.

no
the point is that a ring is little more than a purchase, and he still purchased the bulk of it (the diamond). So what was the point?
his wife is going to have the only fake smile smirk when she gets it.

Bruh, you know women love that extra effort type stuff. You're saying she would have probably just preferred a ring bought from Tiffany's? What's wrong with the one he made? What was the point? Really?

This isn't a birthday card, she's going to have to tell her family

Tell them what exactly? That he made her a ring the exact same way companies like Tiffany, Jared, Zales etc. do? What is wrong with the one he made? It's still a valuable ring, he says what it's made out of. It's not some cheap custom ring. I still don't follow you, but I'm done with this thread. Let nerdy dude cook.

I'm no psychologist, but I can guess you're a pretty miserable person and most definitely single.

Because if you can't see how a girl would appreciate something like that, you got the game all messed up.

Tell them what exactly? That he made her a ring the exact same way companies like Tiffany, Jared, Zales etc. do? What is wrong with the one he made? It's still a valuable ring, he says what it's made out of. It's not some cheap custom ring. I still don't follow you, but I'm done with this thread. Let nerdy dude cook.
Some people don't get that time is more valuable than money. They would much rather just purchase something and go on their way than take a bit of extra time creating something for someone they love.

As someone who likes to tinker and work on my own stuff, This is the Holy Grail of DIY. You can bet that when they both look at her finger throughout their marriage they will both have a sense off pride in what he was willing and able to do for her.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

I'm no psychologist, but I can guess you're a pretty miserable person and most definitely single.

Because if you can't see how a girl would appreciate something like that, you got the game all messed up.

Word. I wouldnt even want to be with a girl that couldnt appreciate something like this. Like dude said, you got the game all messed up.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Word. I wouldnt even want to be with a girl that couldnt appreciate something like this. Like dude said, you got the game all messed up.
anything but the rings
the proposal, the wedding (if she agrees), every gift, including anniversary, I would applaud the originality and thought. 

but at the end of the day she wanted a diamond ring and he gave it to her, why not just give her a professional one?

it's like half logic.

EDIT:

I'd be here applauding if she didn't want a ring and he gave her something much more sentimental, but making a ring and adding a diamond rather than buying it isn't sentimental... at all 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom