Homesick vol college is killing me

What kinda loser mess is this? Man the hell up
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

lol, i may have exaggerated my situation a bit. i have friends and i do talk to people, im def not socially awkward. i think id just rather be alone.

victoria_nile.gif
nerd.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I just don't think I'll have that problem.

Bros, i cannot wait to go to college. %@@# high school. Going from Cincinnati ------> Ohio State University
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I want to stay on South Campus btw.

Stuck between Biology and Chemistry / Possibly go Pre-med.

i'm a freshman away from home, too and i can understand where you're coming from. but it's all a matter of accepting your circumstances.. being at a college (out of state) is a blessing a chance that a lot of people dream of, and you need to make the most of it. the school year will be over and you'll be moved back into your folks' crib before you know it, so why sit around and reminisce? go have fun now and you'll have time to be with your family when this year is over.

No offense OP but man up. Your 18/19 years old and your crying about being away from your parents/friends. Assuming that since your friends are still in your hometown they are losers that are doing nothing but living with their parents and wishing they could trade places with you.

What is there to cry about, that your not coddled and your mom isn't doing your laundry. Your in college, kids like you blow my mind. So scared to be out in the real world and not be coddled by your parents.

That was harsh but come on man. Grow a pair. Or go back and live in your moms basement until your 25 and old enough to be away from them.

Originally Posted by doctorjay507

i reverse home sick bro im back home and missing college lol embrace it!

This
ohwell.gif
. I'm back in school going for another degree, but it just ain't the same...
tired.gif

Suck it up OP, or you'll be kicking yourself in the #!% about it for the rest of your life.

The first reply is so appropriate. I can not fathom your situation.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

No offense OP but man up. Your 18/19 years old and your crying about being away from your parents/friends. Assuming that since your friends are still in your hometown they are losers that are doing nothing but living with their parents and wishing they could trade places with you.

What is there to cry about, that your not coddled and your mom isn't doing your laundry. Your in college, kids like you blow my mind. So scared to be out in the real world and not be coddled by your parents.

That was harsh but come on man. Grow a pair. Or go back and live in your moms basement until your 25 and old enough to be away from them.
i feel u, but im really close to my family. and my friends ive known most of them since i was a kid. and all of them are in college but at home. not to sound cocky or anything but for most of us, college is the back up plan... most of our dads built  successful empires for us to take over but im the only venturing out to do my own thing. so theyre not bums...

i feel u, but im really close to my family. and my friends ive known most of them since i was a kid. and all of them are in college but at home. not to sound cocky or anything but for most of us, college is the back up plan... most of our dads built  successful empires for us to take over but im the only venturing out to do my own thing. so theyre not bums...

you sound like you don't even want to enjoy college

go back home
eyes.gif

i know a couple friends who are the exact opposite, they hate home lol

but OP u terry cloth, it's not like youre a loner either...you have friends

Youre the biggest obstacle to yourself enjoying college right now OP. Based off your responses alone to the advice in here, youre coming up with reasons/excuses to justify your feelings rather than trying to take the advice into account. Only you can convince yourself to be content in your surroundings.

Im in the polar opposite situation personally OP. Im a current sophomore in college, and I attend a decent private school on scholarship that is literally less than 10 minutes away from my home. My elementary, middle and high schools, as well as my current university, are all within a 5 mile radius of each other. im not too close with my family and I thrive on a feeling of independence and isolating myself in terms of taking care of myself. That said, I hate being home more than anything in the world. We moved recently and I feel absolutely no comfort in the area which I call home. So, as a result I make sure to stay on campus as long as possible, usually leaving to school around 7 am and getting home anywhere between 12am and 2 depending on the studying Im getting done. I also applied and thank God, got accepted for an on campus position next year which means Ill be receiving free housing and moving out. This all happened this past year. Freshmen year however, I sulked around and let it get to me, which screwed me over. Accept your circumstances and take steps to better your situation.

Im also Arabic btw, where you from?

41616d48082c760bdc0e074bdd24d66ebe3c43f7.gif

indifferent.gif
Go elsewhere for sympathy then, home maybe

Simply find something that you enjoy in college. Some people enjoy parties, some enjoy sex, & others enjoy both. Just find something at your school that you love to do, whether it's sports, girls, or whatever & you'll be fine.

man up bruh... im in the service stationed 5000 miles away from family and son in a country i dont know anything about and havent been home in 2 years....

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Youre the biggest obstacle to yourself enjoying college right now OP. Based off your responses alone to the advice in here, youre coming up with reasons/excuses to justify your feelings rather than trying to take the advice into account. Only you can convince yourself to be content in your surroundings.

Im in the polar opposite situation personally OP. Im a current sophomore in college, and I attend a decent private school on scholarship that is literally less than 10 minutes away from my home. My elementary, middle and high schools, as well as my current university, are all within a 5 mile radius of each other. im not too close with my family and I thrive on a feeling of independence and isolating myself in terms of taking care of myself. That said, I hate being home more than anything in the world. We moved recently and I feel absolutely no comfort in the area which I call home. So, as a result I make sure to stay on campus as long as possible, usually leaving to school around 7 am and getting home anywhere between 12am and 2 depending on the studying Im getting done. I also applied and thank God, got accepted for an on campus position next year which means Ill be receiving free housing and moving out. This all happened this past year. Freshmen year however, I sulked around and let it get to me, which screwed me over. Accept your circumstances and take steps to better your situation.

Im also Arabic btw, where you from?
palestine, all my life ive mostly only been close to arab friends because we understand each other better. now im sitting here trying to mix with rich white kids wen im not about that life... i think thats my obstacle, im not making connections.

try going to school across the country
laugh.gif

having the time of my life tho
pimp.gif
i aint going back anytime soon

Some of you dudes are lambasting the hell out of this guy though just because your experiences away from family was different. I ain't even mad OP, from distance, the situations surrounding you, me, and other people who have ventured off to school are similar but the intricacies within those situations is what truly separate them. I won't lie, upon first reading your post I was gonna be one of those cats to respond with a "grow up bro" type response but every person is not built the same and I have to respect where you're from and what emotions you have towards your family.

I dunno if you've lived in San Antonio prior to attending Trinity and I don't know what brought you to the school, but I'm sure that's all playing a role in how you're adjusting to your surroundings. The timeline for reaching a state of comfortableness is obviously gonna vary for different students but I feel like reaching that level within the 1st month or at least after everything in school has begun is critical. When I first left for school to play ball I hated it, I was by myself for a portion of the 1st day until I started meeting some future teammates and built a bond. I couldn't wait to get back home though, had a little mini countdown until Thanksgiving break but that would make the days drag. Eventually I got comfortable and time flew by since I spent less time thinking about when I would go home and more time focusing on what was happening around me. You'll still have the thoughts of family on your mind and anxiousness will be there but just not at a level that will detract from your work or mental state. Soon enough you won't get emotional leaving home again because you'll be used to the @%*%.

I think it's just a matter of being optimistic and open-minded. You're not the first kid to not enjoy himself at college so I won't chastise you for that. I think it's unfair to do so since your backstory isn't the same as anyone else's. All of this stuff has that "easier said than done" aura attached to it as a result though.

Suck it up. Just think of all the people in Japan that have lost there families due to the tsunami. Your family and friends you know are ok, your just far apart. These people never got to say goodbye to loved ones. I'm joining the military soon and i also don't want to leave my family as i'm very close to them but i just have to roll with the punches and deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom