Horrible customer service

Nike has the worst customer service.
Me: Hey do you have size 12?
Employee: Did you see it on the shelf?
Me: No!
Employee: I'm sorry then we don't have it!
Me: :stoneface: Well can you check in the back?
Employee: :rolleyes K hold on
**Literally walks through the back door. 20 seconds later and comes out**
Employee: Sorry we checked EVERYWHERE! We don't seem to have it.
**I find a supervisor and ask him/her for size 12**
Supervisor: Here's your size 12!

That's when I would go there next time. Look for dude and try on like 20+ pairs of shoes. Then send him in for 1 more pair and dip on that fool.

DELL.

I work for a third party IT company and when things are still under warranty, we save ourselves some work and just call them to fix it their damn self.

but its a pain in the *** trying to get them to do so smh all kinds of transfers and repeating information over and over again.

mean.gif

I work in a Verizon call center and dealing with some of you folks is the worst.

Folks want upgrades but can't pay bills. Say they cant make calls but I can see you just spent 2 hours on the phone. I can see everything!!!

Calling customer service & praying for someone who doesn't have that horrible broken English... One guy's English was so bad I hung up on him in the middle of the conversation & figured out the problem myself.. lol

You are one of those guys. When I worked retail as a stocker/sales rep I would have our entire inventory stored in my brain as every shoe that came in passed by me and I was blessed with a photographic memory at time so all the SKUs were engrained.

I could tell if we didn't have it on the back, but some people like the peace of mind of actually seeing the employee walk back into the stock room and "look."

But I wouldn't base a poor experience on just one person/one time......it would take an epic situation to do that.

You are one of those guys. When I worked retail as a stocker/sales rep I would have our entire inventory stored in my brain as every shoe that came in passed by me and I was blessed with a photographic memory at time so all the SKUs were engrained.

I could tell if we didn't have it on the back, but some people like the peace of mind of actually seeing the employee walk back into the stock room and "look."

But I wouldn't base a poor experience on just one person/one time......it would take an epic situation to do that.

I'm one of those guys because I use to work retail! I know how you lazy people get and just tell customers "oh sorry"

Do your damn job, that's what you're paid to do. When a customer asked if there was this size or this colorway, I actually LOOKED!

Why? Because it kills time and it's my damn job! :lol:

Amen brother!

The worst customers would the be the ones that would ask you first then your co-worker to check for the same shoe AFTER you told them it was SOLD OUT. For crying out loud, I don't have a grudge against you (the customer) and what would I accomplish by lying to you about the inventory levels of our Air Pegasus?

Back on topic...

Offshore call centers have really gone down the toilet in terms of service. About a decade ago, the cats in India would be trained to mimic North American accents and the service would be subpar. Nowadays the call center market in India is so cut-throat that the Indians have in turn offshored the work to the Phillipines. Not only do these *new* guys (both Indians and Phillipinos) have bad accents but they also have poor attitudes to boot.

Last edited:
I'm one of those guys because I use to work retail! I know how you lazy people get and just tell customers "oh sorry"
Do your damn job, that's what you're paid to do. When a customer asked if there was this size or this colorway, I actually LOOKED!
Why? Because it kills time and it's my damn job! :lol:

When people want a certain shoe, that you know you don't have.....like a Size 15 Air Conner Pantent Alligator Skin, there is no need to look. Is the shoe going to magicall appear out of the sky?

When you have a floor full of buying customers wanting shoes you actually have in stock you assist them and suggest something else to the customer who is adament about you physically checking.

Be confident in your delivery and you won't have a customer running you into the ground.

I used to work at Footaction though, and sometimes enough people ask about a certain sneaker that you're sure it's out. At that point there really isn't any reason to go back there to "check" on something you know for a fact is out.

The worst customers would the be the ones that would ask you first then your co-worker to check for the same shoe AFTER you told them it was SOLD OUT. For crying out loud, I don't have a grudge against you (the customer) and what would I accomplish by lying to you about the inventory levels of our Air Pegasus?

i know what you mean, but sometimes, you just got to put on a show for people who are a little pushy because you're just going to waste your time arguing with this person . . . sometimes, I already know what we have in stock, SO I'll walk into the back, head to bathroom, get a sip of water, whatever, just to occupy my time going into the back. And then I'll come out and say, sorry we don't have your size / sold out.

so what did I accomplish?
1. i gave the customer the impression that I made the effort and went and looked
2. walked away for a minute or two to calm myself down

Last edited:
i know what you mean, but sometimes, you just got to put on a show for people who are a little pushy because you're just going to waste your time arguing with this person . . . sometimes, I already know what we have in stock, SO I'll walk into the back, head to bathroom, get a sip of water, whatever, just to occupy my time going into the back. And then I'll come out and say, sorry we don't have your size / sold out.
1. i gave the customer the impression that I made the effort and went and looked

Same here... But im not gonna lie, if the person was a huge douche and giving me attitude... id walk to the back look at their shoe they want, in their size, come back and say sorry no luck...

Exactly, sometimes customer service isn't about doing the bare minimum of the job (not saying anyone in here, just in general)

And let's be honest, the majority of shoe store employees do just suck :lol:

Exactly, sometimes customer service isn't about doing the bare minimum of the job (not saying anyone in here, just in general)
And let's be honest, the majority of shoe store employees do just suck
laugh.gif
Footlocker, lovingly called FARTLOCKER by moi, is up there on my list due to this fact. I understand that most of the young people who work there are trying to make a buck, but I've stopped going there...for anything...due to the immaturity that is often exhibited by their staff, most notably the stores in the Times Square and Herald Square areas of NYC.

The last time I went to the one in Times Square, someone on the sales staff badgered me even after I'd already stated, thanks for the offer, but I think I'm okay.

The young man got pissed, then said to me, well if you don't want nothing, then why did you come in here?

I then said, you know what? You are right. What you can do for me right now, is to bring me the manager, or point me in his direction.

He stomped away without even addressing my request. 

You get some of the most moronic low lives working in that chain, and it makes me wonder about their whole interviewing process, or if there is even A interview process, and what that may even entail.

Last edited:
I work for footlocker, before that it was kicksUSA,modells...i started at modells and they trained me well. Also didnt hurt that at the time i worked at modells, i loved shoes. I wanted to know about the technology and all that stuff instead of just knowing what player wore what (i cared more about the information and knowledge of the product in its entirety more than anything) and have been schooling dumb employees/customers for over 8+ years. I get all types of ignorant fools and i get all types of down to earth ppl. Id say you as a NTer have access to ALL the knowledge you need on HERE. but we DO get paid to help you. I for one would never shun a customer away regardless of his or her I.Q or manners simply because i get commission. Why do you as a customer get mad at me the employee when my #1 job is to harass you to buy something? Dont like that? Then go harass my manager about him telling us to harass you.
Heres a tip for customers: no hablo ingles = roam free. Wear headphones/talk on phone to your ghost buddy= roam free.
Look at something on the wall = harassed!!! You gotta be like snake from MGS nowadays and if you do youll be helping me and you out.

I work for footlocker, before that it was kicksUSA,modells...i started at modells and they trained me well. Also didnt hurt that at the time i worked at modells, i loved shoes. I wanted to know about the technology and all that stuff instead of just knowing what player wore what (i cared more about the information and knowledge of the product in its entirety more than anything) and have been schooling dumb employees/customers for over 8+ years. I get all types of ignorant fools and i get all types of down to earth ppl. Id say you as a NTer have access to ALL the knowledge you need on HERE. but we DO get paid to help you. I for one would never shun a customer away regardless of his or her I.Q or manners simply because i get commission. Why do you as a customer get mad at me the employee when my #1 job is to harass you to buy something? Dont like that? Then go harass my manager about him telling us to harass you.
Heres a tip for customers: no hablo ingles = roam free. Wear headphones/talk on phone to your ghost buddy= roam free.
Look at something on the wall = harassed!!! You gotta be like snake from MGS nowadays and if you do youll be helping me and you out.
I hit ninjas with the headphones everywhere I go to shop, I used to work for bestbuy but i would really go out of the way for people if they are nice and considerate
But it seems the modern day customers just doesn't care or wants to prove you wrong or is nasty from the jump so I really dont feel bad for some of you guys, cop online, much easier and no bs to deal with

Back
Top Bottom