Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

The 20-game mark, which Morey cited in his interview with Sports Illustrated, doesn’t arrive for the Rockets until early December. That timing could be significant, because Dec. 15 is the date Morey alluded to in his chat with The Athleticthat most NBA players become tradeable (specifically, those who signed new contractslast summer).

In other words, unless Morey wanted to make a coaching change, there’s little he could do to change his team now even if he wanted to, because most of the league is off limits for trade purposes. That includes many players and salaries on Morey’s own team in Houston.

On Dec. 15, though, the calculus changes. So while there is sufficient logic behind Morey’s patience in waiting for a larger sample size of the 82-game regular season before fully evaluating his team, there also could be a calendar component to it as well. Expect Morey and the Rockets to thoroughly evaluate their situation in early December, with potential to take action by the middle of that month if things haven’t improved from current levels.

Glad I watched the game after the fact, cause watching it live I would've been even more annoyed than I already was.

I was very impressed with this one possession they had late in the game. Got multiple offensive rebounds, guys were flying all around and active, and they finished the job on the score. With Green out and EG struggling, Ben Mclemore is gonna have to have exactly these types of game.

Skeleton crew Warriors tomorrow night night and the Rockets better win that game. Can't go out and embarrass themselves like the Blazers did against them.

:lol:
AD8391C2-4E9A-45CF-9A60-9862AA3526A2.jpeg

Mehh not like hes been contributing much anyways, McLemore's been doing alright (much better than I expected). Side not what do yall think we're gonna do with GG I'm hearing six months now, which MIGHT make him available for the playoffs. The fans would not be happy, but I could see Morey exploring trades for his expiring contract. Or can they just apply for a disabled player exception if he sits for the whole season (if they can) not sure what the rules on that are.

Capela still had some spots where he was soft as baby boo boo last night, but the team in general being more active even vs this version of the Warriors was good to see. House is also playing with some consistency that he'll need to show for the playoffs, but so far, he's been one of the most consistent guys on the team this year. Need EG to get it going, along with other role players being more impactful.

Basically just need to keep winning regardless of who is in front of them, cause the Western Conference will be a jumbled up mess all year. Need to keep winning and start separating, instead of falling behind and having to dig themselves out from the bottom.

Capela still had some spots where he was soft as baby boo boo last night, but the team in general being more active even vs this version of the Warriors was good to see. House is also playing with some consistency that he'll need to show for the playoffs, but so far, he's been one of the most consistent guys on the team this year. Need EG to get it going, along with other role players being more impactful

Sad to say but I Capelas peaked, and already started to regress (turning into Kato 2.0). I doubt anyone bites, but I'd love for Morey to tade him for Steven Adam's, I was hoping Sabonis didn't get his contract worked out and we could have forced our way into trading for him (or doubtfully Turner). Ive given up complete confidence in Capela, but unless we trade him for some size we're kinda stuck with him... hes really the only size we have on this team. House has been great, he was good last year but hes taken his game up a notch or two this season so far, you can tell he worked on his game this past off season with Green. It would have interesting to see how much if any Green improved also, since they seemed to have become fast freinds and even neighbors. As long as either Rivers or McLemore have a good game we're good on the backcourt. It's a bonus if they both have a good game. Crazy that I actually like Rivers alot now, until he ended his first season with us I hated that guy so freaking bad. With his comments this past summer, about this being his favorite team hes played for, taking less money to stay here when he knew he'd be playing behind a crowded backcourt, his statements on loving Houston culture, and even shouting out Fonde rec center. I've grown to really like the guy, my whole perception has change with him. From being an unlikable whiny daddy's boy, to just a a likeable guy.

Man the Warriors are in a bad way LOL, and I love to see it, what goes up must always come down. I just hope they somehow squeak into the playoffs or barely miss. The last thing I want to see happen with them, is they end up with a healthy team next season and the first pick in the draft... god I hope that doesn't happen (the draft pick) not being unhealthy... wouldnt wish that on them no matter how much I'm sick of them.

House has been playing well, I like him. Capela is soft sometimes, seems like he gets out rebounded in certain spots when he shouldn't. That would be funny/awesome to have Steve-O back with Russ

This would be the perfect game to integrate Clark and Hartenstein with some minutes. Bulls aren’t gonna just lay down though like they should, but whatever. I wish there was somewhat to get Markkenen and/or Lavine:lol:

What our former assistants are currently supplying

Sad thing is we're not much in better shape, probably hovering around the same statistics defensively. Pelicans just need to sit Zion out for the season. Don't rush him back, tank and end up with another high lottery pick (Cole Anthony, or Anthony Edward's would fit that team perfect)They could even then trade Jrue Holiday for more draft pics or young players/vets. I'd really like to see that team succeed, they remind me of the Q-rich, D Miles, Odom, Maggette, Brand, and Olawakandi baby Clippers squad minus Donald Sterling menace.

House has been playing well, I like him. Capela is soft sometimes, seems like he gets out rebounded in certain spots when he shouldn't. That would be funny/awesome to have Steve-O back with Russ

Yo the idea of having Russ, Harden, and Adams who was the eventual pick in the Harden trade is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sad thing is we're not much in better shape, probably hovering around the same statistics defensively. Pelicans just need to sit Zion out for the season. Don't rush him back, tank and end up with another high lottery pick (Cole Anthony, or Anthony Edward's would fit that team perfect)They could even then trade Jrue Holiday for more draft pics or young players/vets. I'd really like to see that team succeed, they remind me of the Q-rich, D Miles, Odom, Maggette, Brand, and Olawakandi baby Clippers squad minus Donald Sterling menace.

I think it’s actually more telling for the Pelicans cause they have younger guys and guys who are generally better defenders than we have in the first place. Lonzo and Jrue are really good defenders and they’ve brought absolutely nothing even with our coaches. That’s crazy

Finally held a team to under 100 points :nthat: :smh: . Not sure if it was due to our defense or the the Bulls just being the Bulls, didn't watch the game yet.

They definitely did tighten up defensively which was good to see. The Bulls did try to outshoot them in spots, but they were mostly forced into bad shots. Our turnovers though :sick::sick:vs a team like the Spurs or Bucks, we’re getting wrecked by 25.

EG...Jesus Christ, his opening possessions were travel, TO, missed 3, blown layup, and turnover. I swear it looked like he was point shaving. He eventually hit a couple 3s, but he was an embarrassment to watch. Meanwhile House was efficient as usual from 3. Keep him starting and quit playing around. Was good to see Capela consistently active too.

Clark and Hartenstein been recalled from RGV. Probably means nothing but warm butts to leave on the bench.

They somewhat made this game more difficult than it should've been, but for a huge stretch, you never really felt like the Pels were a threat. Capela was a monster again, EG had his best game, Harden took over late, and Westbrook was pretty consistent. House took a hard fall which stinks, and of course there's this now:

If this forces MDA to actually play other guys more and more minutes, I'm fine with keeping House/EG out for as many games as they feel. Knowing MDA though, he'll just play Harden and Westbrook 47.5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom