Houston Rockets Thread 2024/2025 - NBA DraftTime, Sheppard On Deck

Watching the rockets go on these droughts where they are just bricking everything but keep shooting makes my blood boil. That’s one thing I miss about 2018 cp3. When harden used to be on that BS cp3 would takeover and get good looks from the midrange, at least mix it up. I feel Russ brings that type of variance to this team as well because he isn’t just going to jack up 3s, like what sense does that make. These tweets sum up my thoughts basically

Couldn’t agree more. Russ should’ve been back this game, then finish them off the next one. Harden can only do so much given the circumstances, but he’s been enabled to keep shooting no matter what. That’s why I’ll continue to tell anyone I know that’s a Rockets fan that they could win the title and is still want MDA fired at the parade. I watched a shortcut version of the game and from that 3rd quarter and on, I saw some of the same stuff that reared it’s ugly head that all of us fans see yet the coach, and by proxy the players don’t see. The crazy thing is, overall, they very well should’ve won that based on offense.
3B465711-09AD-44F4-8840-F32E20B2816D.jpeg

Those were good enough percentages to win, even with the cardio that Rivers and Mclemore did. PJ, EG, and Roco did the scoring you’d on average want from them. So that let’s me know that defense was also a problem.
FFD47D67-236A-414D-814F-83C8CB02502A.jpeg

They limited Gallo, limited SGA for the most part, but they let Schroeder of all people be a deciding factor. That can’t happen if you plan on going far. Gotta break that glass and release Westbrook and get this series over with.

Harden is gonna have to take the midrange shot or a layup cot damn . Just finish over them. Russ would have def helped break up the monotony of our closing offense

This is the flaw in our system. Shooting threes is great in the macro, but you have to diversify late game and just make shots.

3 > 2 but 2 > 0.

Now we saying we need Russ back? I told y’all Harden is not that dude and built like that. No reason Russ should be needed this series or rush him back. This was an easy sweep or gentleman’s sweep at worst.

dudes wanna say Harden is one of the best. Well tell this dude to close out a series In the FIRST round against an inferior team.

this doesn’t bode well and we are getting bounced next round or sometime leading up to the finals. This team ain’t it and I can sleep at night knowing. Yall need to realize that too. The sooner we move on from this team the better we’ll be. They peaked when they missed 27 straight 3s.

that was it.

Dennis was frying everyone on the perimeter. He's too quick. Definitely dont like it when PJ switches onto him

PJ and roco were playing Dennis way to tight and he was easily beating them to the basket. Rockets struggle defending quick guards, especially with no rim protection you have to stay in front of your man and make him beat you with jump shots

yeah got to lay off a little more on Dennis. So how hurt is Russ?
That’s the big mystery. He played that pointless game against the spurs, then he was just announced injured with no timetable for return. They need more transparency there but I saw him ramping up more on court activities

PJ and roco were playing Dennis way to tight and he was easily beating them to the basket. Rockets struggle defending quick guards, especially with no rim protection you have to stay in front of your man and make him beat you with jump shots

Yea Roco and PJ aren’t quick enough relative to somebody like Schroeder to be playing him all up and close like that

Dude is getting smoked. In that same thread they show how well EG was on him. Simply need to have the quickness of him or Rivers on a guy like that.

they're going to get that matchup whenever they want because we switch everything.

need to do what they're doing and fight through screens and not concede matchups we don't want on defense.

Yea Roco and PJ aren’t quick enough relative to somebody like Schroeder to be playing him all up and close like that

Dude is getting smoked. In that same thread they show how well EG was on him. Simply need to have the quickness of him or Rivers on a guy like that.

Yeah stick Rivers and EG on him since they can keep up.

they're going to get that matchup whenever they want because we switch everything.

need to do what they're doing and fight through screens and not concede matchups we don't want on defense.

Exactly, we basically end up looking like when Reggie ended up on Luka and Kawhi being on goofy Maxi Kleber

Russ listed as out. Rockets gotta take care of business tmr

of course, at this point if you get a damn 15+ point lead, just keep that ****. There’s no reason to constantly do the same thing and give up the lead like that, regardless of officiating

Minutes Russ’ actual points, this is my dream scenario for player distribution
4252B390-0A66-42FF-B89A-1F451BED817A.png
B23CFFD0-3489-4040-8F88-7ADF957044D3.png

Still waiting on PJ news. I watched that several times, and you would’ve thought PJ went Mike Tyson on Schroeder. He basically chest bumped him.

Once Russ gets back in rhythm he will be fine. His drive and kick out to open shooters is elite, rebounding great, and the touch around the basket will come with more reps. Once okc is finished Monday, Lakers series starts on Wednesday

if mclemore can just be a little better on the defensive end, we can viably run 9 players. most teams cut down to 8 rotation players anyways. i'm comfortable with him and rivers splitting those 8th man minutes. assuming we advance, rivers will have a tough time being on the floor and switching around with the lakers size on the court.

Back
Top Bottom