Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

i re-read, i sorta i follow the logic, wanting to close the games with your best 5. But even that 5 will be toast if Splash Inc. is on fire :lol:

We threw every defender we had at Steph all season and he torched us. What makes you think Ariza is gonna be any tougher for him now?

My point is: against the clips we had Ariza on Paul. Paul still scored his 20 or so and got his assists. Redick went off. We lost.

Terry guarded Paul, Paul still scored his 20 or so. Redick got shut down. We won.

Last edited:
I hesitant to subscribe to the "Curry's gonna get his" theory. Yes, he is. But you have to make it hard all series for him. Dude gets a little too risky at times and it backfires sometimes when teams take advantage. If we just let him go off, dude will catch fire and run us out of the gym. :lol:

Then we try to react by throwing another body on him and he starts diming us out of the gym.

IDK, we just watched the blueprint with Tony Allen.

GS lowkey has a nice *** bench. We cant let one of those bums thats not supposed to have a big impact go off like we have in the past.

Speights, Livingston, and Barbosa need to be held in check. 

Iggy and Barnes can get hot whenever too. D Lee is washed so we need to keep it that way and not let him get easy points.

The key is gonna be tryna make every shot difficult for Klay and Steph if we can do that we have a good shot. We cant have mental lapses and let them get good looks.

Force Draymond and the rest of they team to beat us. Make Klay and steph pass it to the next guy when they are not shooting 

We threw every defender we had at Steph all season and he torched us. What makes you think Ariza is gonna be any tougher for him now?

My point is: against the clips we had Ariza on Paul. Paul still scored his 20 or so and got his assists. Redick went off. We lost.

Terry guarded Paul, Paul still scored his 20 or so. Redick got shut down. We won.

there was a lot more going on both in the reg season against GSW and against the clips to break it down to that comparison

Not present/Hurt Dwight
Not present/Newly acquired Brew/Josh

Stopping JJ Reddick and also making it hard for Paul aren't mutually exclusive. Same as stopping the "others" from GSW and making it hard for Klay. The idea with the big lineup is that there are no defensive weaknesses (not named Harden), hence having the ability to float Ariza/Brew/Harden around positionally in the lineup. If anything, I think it helps with what I believe you're trying to articulate

Won't front though, you have to have a plan when you're doing these types of things. Not certain Kevin will try/be able to pull it off. Here's to hoping he can/does, effectively

Last edited:
nerd.gif

Possible Patrick Beverley return for game WCF...

I remember reading some qoute of Bev saying he would try and play if we made it to the WCF

Mchale ruled him out the playoffs like a month ago. Maybe its just smoke.

Id like to see Bev return it would help with trying to guard Curry.

Last edited:
It was reported earlier today that Bev was out for the series, and then later in the day I heard he could possibly go.

Media gonna media.

Yeah I'm not feeling optimistic. He got his cast off yesterday and was supposedly going to try to do some dribbling drills to see how he felt that night. He's going to need some time to build up strength in his wrist again. He'd (probably) be useless offensively right now, but would still be better than jet and prig defensively. They both did hit some crucial shots for us the past two games though. We'll see though.

I was looking at pervious meetings between these two and it seems gs has never played our current line up.

All the games were relatively close except for one quarter every time where they just broke it open. I believe usually the third but maybe the second quarter one time too.

That's why I keep saying we can't afford to have lapses. It could be the difference in any game.

I was looking at pervious meetings between these two and it seems gs has never played our current line up.

They haven't that's why I think the Rockets have a real chance in this series. They gotta come out focused and stay that way the whole game. If GSW gets rolling in that building it could get real ugly real fast.

I hesitant to subscribe to the "Curry's gonna get his" theory. Yes, he is. But you have to make it hard all series for him. Dude gets a little too risky at times and it backfires sometimes when teams take advantage. If we just let him go off, dude will catch fire and run us out of the gym. :lol:

Then we try to react by throwing another body on him and he starts diming us out of the gym.

IDK, we just watched the blueprint with Tony Allen.

Until he got hurt Memphis had Allen guarding..........................Klay Thompson.

Sucks to be down at the half, but you knew the Warriors were gonna make a run at some point.

We're playing well and can def hang with them.

Back
Top Bottom