Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

marcus thornton? 
nerd.gif

Rockets officially re-sign Corey Brewer:

HOUSTON – Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has re-signed forward Corey Brewer to a multi-year deal.

Brewer (6-9, 186, Florida) played 56 games for the Houston Rockets during the 2014-15 season averaging 11.9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 25.1 minutes per game. The eighth year forward also played in all 17 games for the Rockets during the 2015 NBA Playoffs averaging 11.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 25.2 minutes per game. The University of Florida product holds career averages of 10.2 points, 3.1 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.4 steals in 25.8 minutes per game over the course of 547 career appearances, including 266 starts, with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets, Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets.

Brewer was originally selected seventh overall in the 2007 NBA Draft. He was acquired by the Houston Rockets on Dec. 19, 2014 in a three team trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers.

it'd be 1 thing if we let him go to some other significant monetary offer, but buddy walked for less $. I wonder what's the climate of the locker room. Or is it simply that a healthy DMO means he gets significantly less PT?

it'd be 1 thing if we let him go to some other significant monetary offer, but buddy walked for less $. I wonder what's the climate of the locker room. Or is it simply that a healthy DMO means he gets significantly less PT?

Josh or T jones had to go. With a healthy DMo; not enough minutes to go around

Josh or T jones had to go. With a healthy DMo; not enough minutes to go around

Yea, he was huge for us defensively though. Not sure Capela will/can get enough minutes to have similar impact. Tjones is food. (decent help side shot blocker) DMO is like avg at best. (all, defensively speaking)

Last edited:
I do think it was a minutes thing with Smith walking for less $$$. Too many guys at basically the same position. Jones, D-Mo, Smith, and Harrell as far as active roster, then you have to account for who may be RGV call-ups (Alan Williams stood out so far, like 6'8" 261, who people have described as a stable defensive Royce White without the passing ability). I don't really blame Smith's decision, even though he's leaving to the team that lost to his former team

Yea, he was huge for us defensively though. Not sure Capela will/can get enough minutes to have similar impact. Tjones is food. (decent help side shot blocker) DMO is like avg at best. (all, defensively speaking)

True, but josh usually negated his D with ill advised shots. I'm not a huge T jones fan but he knows what he is and rarely plays outside of that. Montrez was impressive in summer league; I can see Harrell providing that defensive presence at the 4 if Capela or T jones start getting abused down there.

Smith was huge for us defensively? Yea I don't know about that one.

Everybody will remember him for his offense in the playoffs...

but his defensive impact is really not even a question for anybody who's watched Rockets games over the entire 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.

He was brought here for defense

Last edited:
Im confused what happened with Josh Smith. Even though Dmo is coming back and obviously starting. TJones is trade bait basically right now. Josh Smith would of got minutes

The west is even stronger this year.

I appreciate Josh's time here as much as the next person but I think you guys are way overrating his defensive impact here. Especially postseason wise.

I appreciate Josh's time here as much as the next person but I think you guys are way overrating his defensive impact here. Especially postseason wise.

No overreacting. His defense is one thing nobody could hate on him for when he was brought here

+1 here.

he was appreciated here, but let's not overstate his impact.

we could still pursue lawson, but even if we don't, this roster has a lot of versatility. dmo and jones is weak at 4, but i imagine we'll do what we did 2 years ago with parsons playing the 4, this year with dekker and ariza. except this year it's not out of necessity, we can just ran that as a lineup just because

610 was talking as if the Rockets are falling into an abyss. For a bunch of dudes supposedly in the know about sports, they sure do seem uninformed.

Last edited:
610 was talking as if the Rockets are falling into an abyss. For a bunch of dudes supposedly in the know about sports, they sure do seem uninformed.

Th Rockets aren't going to be horrible but the West is going to tougher this year than it was last year (who thought that was possible) San Antonio with Aldridge, Clippers with Deandre back and some nice pieces, OKC back at full strengh, Memphis, GSW coming off a title with almost the exact team back.

If James doesn't have another career year (very possible), if Dmo doesn't realize his potential (very possible), or Dwight gets hurt again (very possible)...Rockets could be looking at a 6 or 7 seed and a first round exit. So, no, they won't fall into an abyss; but getting back to the WCF again is going to be a tall order.

Th Rockets aren't going to be horrible but the West is going to tougher this year than it was last year (who thought that was possible) San Antonio with Aldridge, Clippers with Deandre back and some nice pieces, OKC back at full strengh, Memphis, GSW coming off a title with almost the exact team back.

If James doesn't have another career year (very possible), if Dmo doesn't realize his potential (very possible), or Dwight gets hurt again (very possible)...Rockets could be looking at a 6 or 7 seed and a first round exit. So, no, they won't fall into an abyss; but getting back to the WCF again is going to be a tall order.

610 was actually discussing this too. A lot of teams in the west improved a lot on paper.

Back
Top Bottom