Houston Texans Pre-Season 2014 - NT Bowl 2.5...Battle For Roster Spots

couple nominations

:lol: this gets me vote

lets wait for the other guys :lol:

i wouldnt mind a video avy of AJ putting the the hands of god on Cort :lol: :pimp:

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing SaltSonOfTony with Dre standing over a limp Finnegan :lol:

txgal-03-snp-55.jpg

txgal-03-snp-49.jpg

txgal-03-snp-42.jpg

It's all good :pimp:
txgal-03-snp-39.jpg

txgal-03-snp-38.jpg

:lol:
txgal-03-snp-34.jpg

txgal-03-snp-37.jpg

txgal-03-snp-32.jpg

txgal-03-snp-30.jpg

txgal-03-snp-31.jpg

txgal-03-snp-29.jpg

txgal-03-snp-01.jpg
txgal-03-snp-27.jpg

txgal-03-snp-24.jpg

txgal-03-snp-22.jpg

txgal-03-snp-21.jpg

txgal-03-snp-18.jpg

txgal-03-snp-14.jpg

txgal-03-snp-11.jpg

txgal-03-snp-17.jpg

txgal-03-snp-08.jpg

txgal-03-snp-03.jpg

txgal-03-snp-04.jpg

Last edited:
Cody out with broken ribs; Daniels a game-time decision

Mitchell to start for injured Cody
Nose tackle Shaun Cody will not play against the Bears on Sunday night. Cody suffered broken ribs against the Bills on Sunday and hasn’t practiced all week. Earl Mitchell gets the start.

Recently signed nose tackle Terrell McClain and rookie Jared Crick will spell him.

With Daniels iffy, Casey’s role grows
Tight end Owen Daniels, who has a severe bruise in the hip/lower back area, will be a game-time decision.

Daniels got limited work Friday after taking off Wednesday and Thursday but, coach Gary Kubiak said, “will have to make some progress” to be active against the Bears.

Garrett Graham will start if Daniels, who’s from the Chicago area, can’t answer the bell.

James Casey, the No. 1 fullback who has been a tight end, will see his work load increase.

“He’ll go from 35 plays to 60 plays, and he’s ready to do that,” Kubiak said. “He’s taken advantage of his opportunities. He’s very smart (and) does a lot of things for me so I’m encouraged. He’s had a good week of practice.”

Kubiak said former Bears fullback Tyler Klutz might see significant playing time with Casey pitching in at tight end.

Kubiak also said running back Ben Tate, bothered by a hamstring strain, won’t play.

Doubling down on Marshall
When pressed on how the Texans would handle the Bears’ top receiving threat, Brandon Marshall, defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said they would double-cover him on every play, noting how Jay Cutler hasn’t “thrown it to the other guys very much except the running back.”

Marshall believes he’s going to get some single coverage and hopes his offense will exploit that.

Im Comfortable with Graham and Casey

we need Tate to get healthy man :smh: :smh:

I hope someone else can beat this overrated bears team. There is no reason Watt shouldn't have 10 sacks against the bears.
Go texans.

^^^Lol

Looks like Daniels is inactive tonight. Hopefully Kubs uses Casey more and Graham should have a good game.

Looking realistically as the season progresses.

13-3 / 12-4 looks like how we'll finish.

I really want us to beat the pats.

That's the lady true test on the schd and we might split with Indy , but lets see.

regular season don't matter to me. anything short of going to the super bowl is a disappointment.

Looking realistically as the season progresses.
13-3 / 12-4 looks like how we'll finish.
I really want us to beat the pats.
That's the lady true test on the schd and we might split with Indy , but lets see.
I think we can definitely beat the pats, they've really struggled at home lately

:rolleyes RB Ben Tate out for third straight week

Another week went by without Texans running back Ben Tate making significant progress with his hamstring injury.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak declared Tate out for Sunday’s game on Friday. This makes it the third consecutive game Tate has missed with the hamstring injury.

“We thought going into the week he’d be ready to go,” Kubiak said. “Went back on the field and had looked positive on Wednesday and then obviously came out sore on Thursday, so we hold him out. He did go back out. He did work today but not with the team. It’s just frustrating because we need him out there. What has it been now? Three weeks I think with this thing. I know it’s very frustrating for him. For himself, he needs to get back out there and contribute, be a part of what’s going on

Tate has missed four games total. He also missed the Texans’ Monday night game against the New York Jets with a toe injury.

Tate was limited Wednesday, but did not practice Thursday or Friday.

Elsewhere, the Texans got healthier as the week progressed. Tight end Owen Daniels and nose tackle Shaun Cody are questionable. Both missed Houston’s game in Chicago last weekend.

Daniels was very close to playing after testing out his health on the field in Chicago.

“Practiced the last three days without any restrictions or anything,” said Daniels, who seemed surprised Kubiak called him a gametime decision. “Feel a lot better than I did last week, so that’s where we’re at. …If it’s up to me I’m going. I don’t see why I wouldn’t be able to. I practiced all week, so I’m ready to get back out there.”

Cody, who suffered broken ribs and a collapsed lung against the Buffalo Bills, also made progress toward playing this week. He was limited during the week.

Inside linebacker Tim Dobbins is also questionable after being limited during the week. Dobbins suffered a shoulder injury against the Bears.

Defensive end Antonio Smith, who missed Thursday’s practice with an illness, returned to practice fully on Friday and is probable.

Also probable are cornerbacks Alan Ball (ankle) and Brice McCain (knee), strong safety Quintin Demps (thumb, forearm, toe), wide receiver Lestar Jean (knee), outside linebacker Jesse Nading (foot), left guard Wade Smith (knee), receiver Kevin Walter (groin) and quarterback T.J. Yates (right elbow).

The Jaguars ruled out four players for Sunday’s game: running back Maurice Jones-Drew (foot), safety Dwight Lowery (ankle), fullback Greg Jones (thigh) and cornerback Rashean Mathis (groin). None of those four players practiced this week.

Jaguars center Brad Meester (foot) and quarterback Blaine Gabbert (left shoulder) were both listed as probable.

What a game today.

Matt Schaub and Dre put the team on their back. I thought we had lost that game like 5 times, but somehow we did man.

Schaub hasn't been asked to air it out all year, but you see what he can do when he is asked to do it. Dude can put up stupid numbers.

What a game today.

Matt Schaub and Dre put the team on their back. I thought we had lost that game like 5 times, but somehow we did man.

Schaub hasn't been asked to air it out all year, but you see what he can do when he is asked to do it. Dude can put up stupid numbers.

one of those picks was owen daniels just ducking a pass lol

I'm leaving Tuesday for Detroit to go to the game :smokin

Hopefully we pull out the win. What's this I've been hearing that JJoe might not play?? :nerd:

Joseph, Cody and Tate were just ruled out. :x Kareem/Ball vs Calvin Johnson

Last edited:
Joseph and Tate were just ruled out. :x Kareem/Ball vs Calvin Johnson

Thank god the rest of the Detroit WRs are trash :lol:

Reem needs to step it up this game.

Megatron is gonna get his catches, but please no looking at the heavens this game :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom