Houston Texans Pre-Season 2014 - NT Bowl 2.5...Battle For Roster Spots

hearing a lot of "this was more of how bad the ravens were than how good the texans were"

bull****

like i said in the WIR, of the ravens 12 offensive series, 7 of them were 3 plays or less. only 3 drives lasting longer than 1:30. we didn't only dominate their beat up defense, we dominated their completely healthy offense.

Completely agree, but I think everybody saw this coming. Had we lost, it would have been "These are the real Texans like last week, they just can't handle the pressure", and I immediately knew as soon as we won, it would be "These aren't the same Ravens, they were missing Ray" yadda yadda. Oh well, it comes with the territory. these are the same people who purely look at box score stats and strength of schedule lists, as if the NFL is the NCAA.

:lol: throwbacks. I say we roll with the white helmet (that was made but never used) and all-red look, and leave the Lions bloody.

And can anybody see those pics I posted, or is it just my Google Chrome screwing up?

the new NT is weird. sometimes images don't show up, some emoticons don't show up. i think meth was looking into it, i also use chrome and i can't see stuff sometimes

Honestly, if we get 2 possession lead on any team I think we're winning :lol:

ravens got down early, panicked and allowed us to play our game, clock control, blitz and run the rock :pimp:

Buffalo comes to town next, you know super Mario gonna have the :smh: face when he rolls in :lol:

bills have the worst run defense in the NFL, hopefully we can get our run game back on track. they also run the ball well, so it should also be a good test for our run defense. hopefully we'll get up early and limit their run game.

bills have the worst run defense in the NFL, hopefully we can get our run game back on track. they also run the ball well, so it should also be a good test for our run defense. hopefully we'll get up early and limit their run game.
Hopefully Tate gets goin then.. Lol I could use his help in fantasy football

I hope the run game explodes as well, though based on what I've been hearing, there's a chance Tate could miss this game :smile:rolleyes) and Forsett replaces him again. He's been having little nagging injuries, which is why Foster has been taking so many of the carries. Tate hasn't been able to spell Foster as well as he did last year because of that. Hopefully he gets better towards the end of the week.

Last edited:
Tate, Cody miss practice; Texans release Alexander, claim Grimes off waivers

Running back Ben Tate, who’s nursing a sore hamstring, didn’t even attend practice Wednesday, so it appears likely that Justin Forsett will be Arian Foster’s backup when the Texans return to the field against the Bills Sunday.

“It’s day-to-day with Ben,” head coach Gary Kubiak said. “But we kept him inside today to do his rehab. If I had to guess he’ll be there (Thursday), which is our big work day, I’d say no.”

But both Kubiak and offensive coordinator insisted Forsett, a five-year veteran signed over the off-season, can handle a bigger work load. And the Texans claimed rookie Jonathan Grimes, who was with the team during the preseason, from the waiver wire Wednesday for insurance purposes. Because Grimes had to be placed on the active roster, backup linebacker Mister Alexander was waived to make room.

“Every time we’ve put Justin in he’s done a great job,” Dennison said. “His experience plays into that. A lot of times guys are experienced in the league but not quite what you want in your system, but he’s (a good fit). He’s not as big as our other guys, but that hasn’t been a problem.”

Forsett has carried 23 times for 120 yards mostly in fourth-quarter mop-up duty.

The Texans have another rookie back, Davin Meggett, on the practice squad.

Cody sits out, too
Nose tackle Shaun Cody didn’t practice either Wednesday, but head coach Gary Kubiak said “that’s strictly part of a maintenance program” to keep pressure off Cody’s sore lower back, which has bothered him since last season.

“There’s some concern, but he’s been able to work through it,” Kubiak said. “He’s been able to play and do his job well even if he does miss some time. We’ve had him on this program for almost a month and we’re not going to change it. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that the program holds him up through the season. We know what we’re going to get from Shaun on a day-to-basis.

“Bottom line is we don’t want to leave his reps on the practice field. We want them to happen on Sundays.”

Cody will practice Thursday, Kubiak said.

Andre Johnson was also missing from practice, Kubiak said, “because of personal issues he had to deal with. He will be back (Thursday).”

Reserve safety and special-teamer Quintin Demps, who’s trying to come back from broken bones in his thumb and forearm “is looking good,” Kubiak said. “We’ll watch him practice (Thursday to see) if he can wrap up and tackle. Can he do the things with that cast on that he normally does? It’s a big day for us as to seeing whether he’s ready to go.”

The Bills may be struggling with their run defense, but there’s nothing wrong with their own running game. They’re fourth in the NFL, averaging 150.3 yards per game and 5.3 per carry. And they’re doing it mostly out of spread formation, which cuts against the NFL grain.

“It’s not your conventional ‘I back’ (set),” Kubiak said. “They spread the field, (use) a lot of motions, a lot of the three wides, four wides, and then here comes the running game. You’re very concerned about that, so we’re really having to show our defense a different picture. (Rookie quarterback) Case (Keenum) is very much a part of our practice this week trying to get the look that we need. That’s a tough thing for us to adjust to, but that’s part of it.”

C. J. Spiller has run for 523 yards – on a league-leading 7.3 yards per carry – and power back Fred Jackson has gained 197.

Last edited:
watt-on-si-cover-306x306.jpg

:pimp: :pimp:

Texans Gameday Central: Linebacker Barrett Ruud active for first time

Pregame: Tate among inactive players

Inside linebacker Barrett Ruud will be available to the Texans for the first time since signing with the club two weeks ago. Ruud is active today for the first time. Last week, the Texans waived Mister Alexander, who had previously added linebacker depth.

Inactive for the Texans are cornerbacks Roc Carmichael and Brandon Harris, running back Ben Tate, who was declared out on Friday, offensive tackle Andrew Gardner, guards Cody White and Brandon Brooks and nose tackle Terrell McClain, who signed with the Texans this week.

Leggo Gametime!! Hopefully we come out running the ball against this weak run D. Houston fans gon probably boo Mario too lol.

Demps is supposed to be playing also, Thats good to see as he played good before he got hurt.

texans run game still looked awful. just came out looking very sloppy. every win can't be a pretty win though. i'll take it.

had a lot of fun at the game :pimp:

Run game was very sloppy and lackadaisical. Penalties were slowing us down too. Can't have that against the Bears or the Pats.

What an uninspired performance today. I'll take the W, it feels a bit like that Jets game.

Next week is going to be huge though. We need to beat a good team like the Bears on the road.

What an uninspired performance today. I'll take the W, it feels a bit like that Jets game.

Next week is going to be huge though. We need to beat a good team like the Bears on the road.

This.

It reminds me of the week we played the jets and the pack came and smoked us :smh:

Only explanation I have is the team is looking a head to the Bears since the bills have been a mess :nerd:

We need to beat the Bears at their house, it would be a huge win :pimp:

If we get slapped by the Bears next week then I'll be concerned. It's cool to beat teams you're supposed to beat, but SB caliber teams go out and beat good/great competition on the road. I know it won't be the end of the world if we lose but it would be a bit disconcerting that our two losses are against some of the best competition we'll see all year.

i get that, but i guess i'm just not as worried. our two losses will be against the bears and packers which are 2 of the better teams in the NFC. i just don't think the broncos/patriots/ravens/steelers are as good as those teams. only time we'll run into them is the super bowl IF we get there

If we get slapped by the Bears next week then I'll be concerned. It's cool to beat teams you're supposed to beat, but SB caliber teams go out and beat good/great competition on the road. I know it won't be the end of the world if we lose but it would be a bit disconcerting that our two losses are against some of the best competition we'll see all year.

All this.

12-4 would be great

But if those 4 loses are against the top team it doesn't bold well with me.

Apparently peanut might not play this sunday night :nerd:

also need your help deciding a Avy for SonofTony, dude lost a bet and we need a very nice Texans avy / pic for him :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom