Houston TX NikeTalkers...

skrew713 -
eek.gif
My man posted a novel.
laugh.gif

Damn homie.. that's a lot of driving around Houston. That's a lot of gas.
laugh.gif

Damn you got lucky right there though, but congratulations on getting your pair. I kept hearing about Greenspoint, but I couldn't believe it.. somethingfishy was up. That mall is ghetto as hell, so I wasn't even trying to go there at all.

Active Athlete (Cullen & Federal) have a few pairs left. 9, 11 & 13. They are charging $300 though.

Originally Posted by bruza

Active Athlete (Cullen & Federal) have a few pairs left. 9, 11 & 13. They are charging $300 though.

damn 300? My people there said 210 on release night and i decided to pass on the 13 cause i lucked out with two pairs online, and then i heard they went up to250 and now 300... guess its worth it to some...

Originally Posted by ckauffman23

Originally Posted by bruza

damn 300? My people there said 210 on release night and i decided to pass on the 13 cause i lucked out with two pairs online, and then i heard they went up to 250 and now 300... guess its worth it to some...

dude asked if i wanted them. i said "not for $300" and hung up.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by skrew713

Hope everyone was able to get their pair (s). Fortunately (after what seemed to be somewhat of a chaos), I was able to grab a hold of some your myself and son.
smile.gif

Headed out a bit earlier than I thought I had to after all the info. I was getting here and from other heads up....

8:00 pm- Headed to Northline for the so-called Midnight Release, No such thing! 100+ deep in line already for 5 or 6 am doors... (long wait!)
8:30 pm- Headed to check out NW Mall for their 11pm "ticket number" method for 8 am release the next day. About 30+ people wandering the lot/ mall entrances waiting for security to give a heads up on where to form line. No word from anyone, people start getting there from left/ right- 100+ in less than 30 mins easy! Still ;ooked like this was best shot- decide to wait it out!l
9:00-10:30- 4 or 5 fail atempts of people rushing trying to forming- security getting pissy, tempers flaring, pure madness, 250+ on hand. HPD called to store some order, Fail!
10:45pm- Security busts out for everyone to get behind a certain point, People who had been there way early found themselves behind those who had just got there 5-10 mins. ago. Tempers really begin to flare, people mad upset, so a second line is formed in place where they usually set up for all other releases. HPD back up called.
****All of this while 6 month prego wife is at home refreshing "the sites" for release****
11:00- 2 lines now, no one moving, I'm in the second line with most of the people that know how it goes down for every release. I'm probably 20 people back and everyone is holding ground! 4-5 HPD Units now out there discussing with mall security about how to do this.
11:15- Tickets about to be release, looks like they are about to hand them out to only one line, people begin to rant, curse, scream, yell- they decide to divide tickets to both lines- kinda good at that point but not everyone was happy! They should've just handed tickets as people got there not til 11pm when no order was in place, however I came up with 66 out of a 250+ people, things looked good for me!
11:30- On my way home, wife gets through Eastbay and FNL with orders but no confirmation
smh.gif
-drove pass Northline again, line had easily doubled!
11:45- Drove by Greenspoint, No one there!!!!!
eek.gif
a Few HPD but place looked deserted, something didn't seem right- I'm outta there! (by my lonely by the way!) Ain't risking...
12:00- 3:00 am- Back home, refreshing "the sites", kept crashing, no luck, items in cart- couldn't checkout- most of us know the deal!
3:30am- Headed to bed in hopes of waking up at 6:30 to head back to NW Mall with my #66...
7:00am- After a 2 & half hour sleep, back at NW Mall, people already there, most without #'s- this is going to get crazy, security not good again! tempers begin to flare , no one cooperating, 8:00 now and doors have not opened! HPD called again, One dude arrested for conduct. Number calling begins- people getting their pairs quick, looks goods, but somehow people got access into mall through another way, we are now screwed! Security finds out a bit too late- finally get in, No adult sizes left!
mad.gif
came out with an 11c for my son, at this point I'm happy, cool, after seeing the masses who were after these- o well... at least I picked up for him! That's my boy!!
9:40am- Doesn't hurt to stop and actual get off at Northline just for the sake of it, so I did! Looked liked the "quiet after the storm", litter all over the lot, broken chairs, pretty settled inside, a few kids sizes left. Dude in plain clothes says "Need help?", I say " I'm afraid you guys don't have what I'm really looking for in a 10.5". "Nah, we out- we still had plenty 30 mins ago where were you?. "At NW, but no luck", Dude was like, "Yo, man check this out- you look cool, let me make a call". On the phone, "He's like any left in 10.5, you ain't out yet, hold 2 in 10.5 for me, I'm sending my dude over there". He hangs up, "He's like "I'm sending you somewhere, I'm the DM and I got you!", go to Gulfgate, ask for so and so, tell them you got 2 on hold from me at Northline". I'm $#I^^ing in my pants at this point! He assures me once again and I'm out the door! He even rushes out the door after me and says, " Take your time, drive carefully, they yours!"
10:00am- At Gulfgate, a few people still there picking up like nothing. dude behind me was all the way from Sugarland, Chicks in front of me from Pasadena. I waited a few mins. Things looked pretty organized there I must say. I get in, ask for so and so, and he's yeah. Tells young pretty girl- "Get the two 10.5 on my table, they are for my man right here, ring him up"... I don't know, but I'm begining to believe in Santa once again!!!!
10:30- On my way back home, pretty shocked I must say but definately happy as "H-E double hockey-stick" and feeling blessed...

**Get home and wake up my lil fam with the best breakfast they can possibly have from theirs truly**
***Sorry in advance for such a long story, I thought I'd share my experience like some of you have done so. Thought I'd post it here instead of the Official Thread- trying to keep it more local. Hope everyone got their hands on some, honestly I think the release itself was somewhat unexpected in terms of demand for it. From what I seen, everyone wanted these for their own reason or another- it wasn't just limited to those who were expected to turn out for the release. I saw all walks of life waiting to get theirs hands on them- From 10 yr kids with mom on the side, 15 yr old chicks in tight jeans, the so-called hypes in skinnys, the heads with heat, G's with tats all over their heads/ faces reppin' their set, thugs buggin', ol School cats, Ladies trying to surprise their man, Dads just trying to lace up kids for Christmas, to the 70 yr old Abuelita buying their "mijito" a pair of shoes- name it, we were all in the mix!

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo to all!!!!
cliff notes.....please....

Sorry fam. I could've wrote for days... jk! I did apologize before hand though...
Playoff- thanks for the info. you dropped days before.

Originally Posted by phenomkickz

anwhere in houston restocking tomorrow?
i talked to several employees today, footlocker, footaction. gulfgate, crosstimbers, galleria and all they could tell me was to call later in theweek (tues or wed), they might get some with their shipment. none of them told me a definite no though. i dont know anyone that works at any of these storesthough. just an fyi.

Whats good H-town NT's. I'm out of Houston for school but I was home for Christmas break and went to the galleria and saw all the space jam hype. I sawthe Red Carpets on display at HoH, but has anyone been there lately and seen any RC's left?

Looking for Space City HOH Retro 1s white-based w/ speccled blue midsole Houstonians.... anyone w/ info or a 10.5-11 for sale please PM me thanks

I have deadstock 2009 Spacejams in a 9.5 that I'm willing to trade for either DMP XI's, Cool Grey XI's, Concord XI's, White/Cement III's,or Playoff XIII's.

They must be DS or VNDS and any sizes from 9-10.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Can Anybody get me a discount on the Red Carpet Lebrons. ALso anybody know Manny

If you're talkin about the Manny that works at Champs yes I know him. BTW where are y'all coppin the VI's at?

Does anybody have some info about the motorsport 6s, i just wanna know if the HOH in Galleria or Northline are getting them

Does anybody in Houston know how to do some good seaglow work? I need it on my dmp 11's.. Pm me with a price please.

All Star Weekend Dunk Contest

We’re having our own Dunk Contest at the event. Here’s what you need to do to participate:

Email a tagged picture of your favorite Nike Dunk to [email protected]

Be sure to include your name, date, email address, and the words “Dunk Contest

Thanks to everyone that made it out to All Star Sneakend and made it a success. Mayor, Greg, Fran, Sole, and Phase all said what a good time they had and appreciated the hospitality Texas showed them. Thanks to all the efforts of our sneaker fam across Texas: Heat Seekers (Ft. Worth), SA Sneaks UP (San Antonio), and H-Town Sneaker Summit (Houston). We had a great turnout and considering the weather, we were all surprised. Thanks to all our sponsors, especially our Platinum sponsor Scion, and our Gold Sponsor Nice Kicks (see you 2-27-2010!). Thanks to our special guest, Erin Patton, for coming through and dropping knowledge. Even employees at the Jordan 23/25 were asking about the event afterwards.

Again, thanks to all the heads from NT that made it out.

Back
Top Bottom