How Big Is Your Music Collection?

How can i get flac or that lossless audio on my ipod?
Cause I get the Flac albums but i cant get them to itunes
iPods and iTunes can't play FLAC natively. You'll have to find a plugin for iTunes and Rockbox your iPod to play FLAC.

You can also convert the FLAC files to ALAC, which both iTunes and non-Shuffle iPods can play. The popular PC program for converting is dbPowerAmp I think, andfor Mac I use either Toast or Max.

Not really much reason to play .flac on your iPod unless your using an external amp of some sort though, even then the file size considerations don'treally make it worth it

8al9vle.jpg

heres my itunes set up will show my media monkey joint when i get my laptop back

Not really much reason to play .flac on your iPod unless your using an external amp of some sort though, even then the file size considerations don't really make it worth it
Depends on the headphones. Low-mid range stuff that's still easy to drive like Etymotic ER6i, Grado SR-60, and Koss KSC75 still sound decentout of the crappy headphone jack of all iPods regardless of generation. For the really picky audiophiles, they'll still use lossless on iPods. Losslessfiles drain iPod batteries faster than mp3s though, which sucks.

Of course, most of the world will be using the pack in earbuds or headphones that are just as bad or worse. Lossless doesn't really matter with stuff likethat anyway.

Originally Posted by mrXdaboss

8al9vle.jpg

heres my itunes set up will show my media monkey joint when i get my laptop back
Yo ya library is eclectic right? Cuz you cant have over 50k of good hip hop albums. I still need to step my game up I'm a lil over 1/9 of what yougot

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

8al9vle.jpg

Yo ya library is eclectic right? Cuz you cant have over 50k of good hip hop albums. I still need to step my game up I'm a lil over 1/9 of what you got

smokin.gif

I thought i had alot wit 7k+
laugh.gif

damn alot of you guys have OD amounts of music. i have like 5500 songs 20.15 gbs, 100 cds still to add... and i gotta get something to transfer some oldrecords and tapes... what do you guys use to transfer old records and tapes to mp3 format?

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

8al9vle.jpg

Yo ya library is eclectic right? Cuz you cant have over 50k of good hip hop albums. I still need to step my game up I'm a lil over 1/9 of what you got

smokin.gif

i dont just listen to hip hop.

71cjc6o.png

That's on my internal; I have that and more on the external + 200-300 CD's (mostly mixtapes) and a few cassettes in mymomma's closet.

Im only sittin on 18GB. I prob have another 10 gigs on my trashed HD, gotta get them tracks back. I use WMP religiously, simply because of the Audio Effects inthe program, like the equaliizer and the SRS WOW.

at my peak I had about 17,000+ from albumbase, album hunt, dat piff, and limewire...now I've got about 6000 on my 30gig...

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

damn alot of you guys have OD amounts of music. i have like 5500 songs 20.15 gbs, 100 cds still to add... and i gotta get something to transfer some old records and tapes... what do you guys use to transfer old records and tapes to mp3 format?
just hook up to ya pc via your soundcard and use adobe audition or sound forge and you shouldbe good to go

I dont know somewhere around 40 Gb in total, maybe a bit more. Only got really into a music about a year and a half ago.

Back
Top Bottom