How Can Someone Not Watch The News Because It's Too Negative?

Originally Posted by raptors29

I'm not really talking about local news though. They'll report on anything. Like a dog doing the C-Walk.
For some reason, this made me bust out laughing!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

I'm not really talking about local news though. They'll report on anything. Like a dog doing the C-Walk.
For some reason, this made me bust out laughing!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I stopped paying attention to the news. I feel like it's the same O'l stuff over and over again and if not it's wrong information they're feeding us.

I view my newspaper's website from time to time just to keep up to date with whats going on around here.

I view my newspaper's website from time to time just to keep up to date with whats going on around here.

I stopped paying attention to the news. I feel like it's the same O'l stuff over and over again and if not it's wrong information they're feeding us.

people dying, no jobs, new things that will cause cancer...no thank you
NT, reddit, bill maher, and the daily/colbert show are all i need homie.

people dying, no jobs, new things that will cause cancer...no thank you
NT, reddit, bill maher, and the daily/colbert show are all i need homie.

I'm not trying to hear or see how bad things are in the world. Too much negativity. I'll look online for my news if I come across something I'll read into it.
ESPN News ftw

I'm not trying to hear or see how bad things are in the world. Too much negativity. I'll look online for my news if I come across something I'll read into it.
ESPN News ftw

I figure the nightly news a bit depressing at times. I wouldn't go to far to say it's mood altering, but it's strays me from nonsense in the world.

I figure the nightly news a bit depressing at times. I wouldn't go to far to say it's mood altering, but it's strays me from nonsense in the world.

Ask the individuals in the hood thread... news is basically another form of bull spit, I mean entertainment not news.

Ask the individuals in the hood thread... news is basically another form of bull spit, I mean entertainment not news.

Son, the news doesn't teach me anything so I am no less informed when I skip the broadcast.
Google reader with relevant news topics only (politics, science, economy to name a few) FTW

Son, the news doesn't teach me anything so I am no less informed when I skip the broadcast.
Google reader with relevant news topics only (politics, science, economy to name a few) FTW

i used to watch the news a lot and then i just found out it really didn't do anything for me. people were constantly trying to tell me how to think and how to feel.

to the op 'is it just an excuse for ignorance' i'd consider it to be more of an excuse for thinking on my own. everything you see on the news is something that someone else wants you to see. they're trying to invoke emotions in you that you don't necessarily have yourself. i don't know that i've ever watched a news show that wasn't in some way biased one way or the other.

the reason i don't want the news is because i think it's all a load of crap.

i used to watch the news a lot and then i just found out it really didn't do anything for me. people were constantly trying to tell me how to think and how to feel.

to the op 'is it just an excuse for ignorance' i'd consider it to be more of an excuse for thinking on my own. everything you see on the news is something that someone else wants you to see. they're trying to invoke emotions in you that you don't necessarily have yourself. i don't know that i've ever watched a news show that wasn't in some way biased one way or the other.

the reason i don't want the news is because i think it's all a load of crap.

I have a question for those who don't watch the news because of the negativity: how do you keep yourself informed or does it matter to you to stay informed?

In my case, I don't watch the main "news" outlets mostly because I think the info they give is very superficial, the "discussions" usually lack in substance and often turn into shouting contests, and I feel that the main goal of the major channels is to create more consumers instead of better educated citizens.

However, I do read online newspapers and often listen to the radio (NPR) because I don't agree with the "ignorance is bliss" crowd. That's how you end up voting for people who don't have your best interests at heart.

I have a question for those who don't watch the news because of the negativity: how do you keep yourself informed or does it matter to you to stay informed?

In my case, I don't watch the main "news" outlets mostly because I think the info they give is very superficial, the "discussions" usually lack in substance and often turn into shouting contests, and I feel that the main goal of the major channels is to create more consumers instead of better educated citizens.

However, I do read online newspapers and often listen to the radio (NPR) because I don't agree with the "ignorance is bliss" crowd. That's how you end up voting for people who don't have your best interests at heart.

Now that I think about it, it really is negative. Although most of the things are #*##*$%!, some things can be real informative. Lately I've caught myself being stuck watching the news when I get home after work.

Back
Top Bottom