How come Em can _ but Jay can't _?

Originally Posted by donjuan513

I don't F' with EM at ALL and probably never will. I can't relate to what he raps about.
I guess you have never heard the SSLP or the EM Show. I honestly think the MMLP and Em's radio songs hurt his career. Like people forget thata HUGE chunk of Em's catalouge is about stuff we go through on a daily basis. They think dude is ALL aboutmurdering Kim and his mom. The SSLP was a record for anyone who was broke or goin through something in there life. It was basically Em's version of a"F the world" type theme that 2pac would use. And the Em show was a man telling his life story on a record like BIG would use.

And did'nt MTV and Vibe names Em as the best MC ever? So I don't know what you mean by "safer"...

Personally Em has NEVER moved me. Even when I used to bump marshall mathers lp daily as a teenager...it was for purely entertainment reasons...there wasn't 1 thing that Em has ever said that has related to my like in a personal way. As soon as I came into my own and had to provide for my self and be a man...I couldn't even get entertainment from the stupid #$+$ that dude was saying anymore.

like I said you probably havent given SSLP a good spin. Better yet give 8 mile (the song) a spin

MTV and Vibe?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
I didnt even know Vibe was still pressing issues.

and Time I could name more than 10 songs where Em spits real *%%#.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Why is it "safer" to say Jay-z is the best in the game than Eminem?

It doesn't matter what Em "can" get away with it. At the end of the day people are going to take Jay-Z over Em (at least on here thats how it is). They are 2 different artists. Me personally I'm a huge Em fan and a huge Jay fan but Jay has NEVER moved me by just listening in the way Em has. I honestly IMO I can make a mix CD about Em using nothing but his freestyles, unreleased tracks, diss tracks, and featured songs and like it better than Blueprint, but thats just me.
grin.gif

And alot people on NT are frontin hardcore. In every hip-hop album thread you get a row of people shoutin out Resonable Doubt and or Illmatic...knowing damn well half of the people on this board wouldn't be able to recite a verse from those albums if called on random.

JR Paperstacks wrote:

*For the record, I never complained about either, rap about whatever you want...just do it well.
QFT

-The Juice

2ypf147.gif

You can't be serious.....dudes have been listening to these albums religiously for years. Im pretty sure a majority of te people who list these albumsas their favorites know a large amount of the lyrics on the albums.

I could make a mix CD with my favorite Sade songs and enjoy it more the the BP...I don't get your point? If you're putting together all of yourpersonal favorites and teh best songs from any good artist, you should be able to enjoy that more than a commercially released album.

And did'nt MTV and Vibe names Em as the best MC ever? So I don't know what you mean by "safer"...

Personally Em has NEVER moved me. Even when I used to bump marshall mathers lp daily as a teenager...it was for purely entertainment reasons...therewasn't 1 thing that Em has ever said that has related to my like in a personal way. As soon as I came into my own and had to provide for my self and be aman...I couldn't even get entertainment from the stupid @##% that dude was saying anymore.

laugh.gif
75% of Em's music is real *#%+. Let's cut the crap already.

Fact: There will ALWAYS be a excuse to keep Em down.
Fact: Deep down inside it's cause he's [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]white[/color], isn't it?

What I don't get is. He threw together this track just to give the fans something and y'all dissecting this %$!% like 9th grade bio class.

It's just random trains of thoughts showing he can still rap. Why can't y'all just take it for what it is and just enjoy it.

Nobody BS's when 100% of rappers release %$!% like this. LOOK at LIL WAYNE, most of his SONGS are random $*@ words he finds that rhymes and puts themtogether.

Nobody ever said, "That Upgrade U freestyle was dope, but I dunno I just couldn't relate to it. Not real enough for me...."

tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

laugh.gif
75% of Em's music is real +@!#. Let's cut the crap already.

Fact: Deep down inside it's cause he's [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]white[/color], isn't it?

It can't be because he makes songs like this?...

That type of @%%% can totally turn people off from an srtist...Dude is farting and screaming like Pee Wee Herman...come on....

And Waynes is a perfect example....when he started talking about all that stupid %%$+, Martians and spacemen....he lost the respect of a lot of fans....

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

laugh.gif
75% of Em's music is real +@!#. Let's cut the crap already.

It can't be because he makes songs like this?...

Yuku is f'ing all my posts up. Back to what I was saying. For every silly song on encore there's a good one to balance it out. I guess you guysdidn't even realize Em has been so consistent in his career that one wrong step can cause shockwaves throughout the hip hop community. It's coolthough, you guys can keep nitpicking and analyzing all his silly +*$+, while I'm a be looking forward to yet another classic.

i remember many many screen names ago i was going to bat for encore ... there were very few who understood what i was seeing ... to me, its plain as day to seethat em is lightyears ahead of most rappers EVEN ON ENCORE ... just because some of the songs were %@$@!%@% sing songy album sales pushers, doesnt mean therewas nothing on Encore worth anything ... you can take the best 5 songs fom encore and put them up against 5 songs from any other cd and it would be a closebattle ... its just em went more main stream with most of the album than his others ...

Yuku is f'ing all my posts up. Back to what I was saying. For every silly song on encore there's a good one to balance it out. I guess you guys didn't even realize Em has been so consistent in his career that one wrong step can cause shockwaves throughout the hip hop community. It's cool though, you guys can keep nitpicking and analyzing all his silly +*$+, while I'm a be looking forward to yet another classic.

What one wrong move?...thats been a consistent pattern throughout his career...

Without question I think EM is a top 10 MC...but it shouldn't be hard to understand why people can't get into him when he's talking about rapingmannequins....

Ah yeah, yo!
This song is dedicated to all the happy people
All the happy people who have real nice lives
And who have no idea whats it like to be broke as +$+$

Verse One:

I feel like I'm walking a tight rope, without a circus net
I'm popping perkasets, I'm a nervous wreck
I deserve respect; but I work a sweat for this worthless check
Bout to burst this tech, at somebody to reverse this debt
Minimum wage got my adrenaline caged
Full of venom and rage
Especially when I'm engaged
And my daughter's down to her last diaper
That's got my !@# hyper
I pray that god answers, maybe I'll ask nicer
Watching ballers while they flossing in their pathfinders
These overnight stars becoming autograph signers
We'll all gone blow up and leave the past behind us
Along with the small fry's and average half pinters
While playa haters turn %!%** like they have vaginas
Cause we see them dollar signs and let the cash blind us
Money will brainwash you and leave your !@# mindless
Snakes slither in the grass spineless

Chorus: repeat 2X

That's Rock Bottom
When this life makes you mad enough to kill
That's Rock Bottom
When you want something bad enough you'll steal
That's Rock Bottom
When you feel you have had it up to here
Cause you mad enough to scream but you sad enough to tear

Verse Two:

My life is full of empty promises
And broken dreams
I'm hoping things will look up
But there ain't no job openings
I feel discouraged hungry and malnourished
Living in this house with no furnace, unfurnished
And I'm sick of working dead end jobs with lame pay
And I'm tired of being hired and fired the same day
But +$+$ it, if you know the rules to the game play
Cause when we die we know were all going the same way
It's cool to be player, but it sucks to be the fan
When all you need is bucks to be the man
Plus a luxury sedan
Too comfortable and roomy in a six
They threw me in the mix
With all these gloomy lunatics
Walk around depressed
And smoke a pound of ses a day
And yesterday went by so quick it seems like it was just today
My daughter wants to throw the ball but I'm too stressed to play
Live half my life and throw the rest away

Chorus

There's people that love me and people that hate me
But it's the evil that made me this backstabbing, deceitful, and shady
I want the money, the women, the fortune, and the fame
That Means I'll end up burning in hell scorching in flames
That means I'm stealing your checkbook and forging your name
Lifetime bliss for eternal torture and pain
Right now I feel like just hit the rock bottom
I got problems now everybody on my blocks got 'em
I'm screaming like those two cops when 2pac shot 'em
Holding two glocks, I hope your doors got new locks on 'em
My daughter's feet ain't got no shoes or sock's on 'em
And them rings you wearing look like they got a few rocks on 'em
And while you flaunting them I could be taking them to shops to pawn them
I got a couple of rings and a brand new watch you want 'em?
Cause I never went gold of one song
I'm running up on someone's lawns with guns drawn

not feelin em at all huh ... this +$@@ gave me chills the first time i heard it ...

Yea but you acting like all his songs are like that, they aren't. He's got a couple that he puts out & a couple on his cd's...but there arejust as many "Real" songs as "comedy" songs.

Marshall Mathers LP & Eminem Show...perfect examples. A lot of his others have more silly stuff...but those 2 have a lot of real stuff on there.

call them bs songs whatever you want, but they have EVERYTHING but content ... theres other aspects to being an artist and in those aspects em is second tonone ... just becaus he spazzes out on some tracks cant turn you away from his good *$*+ ... go in the other thread theres at least 20 different songs that hecompletely lyrically demolished ...

i just think taking away classic material just cuz someone put out sing songy bs is ******ed ... especially saying you cant relate to em ... you may not beable to relateto all of his sing songy stuff, but i refuse to believe youve never had adversity in your life, one of the subjects em constantly revisits

Never Enough
Yellow Brick Road
Like Toy Soldiers
Mosh
Spend Some Time
Mockingbird
Crazy In Love

Theres 7 songs off his worst CD that have everything you need in a track ... you may not have a daughter or a !*!%$$ up relationship, but you can definitelyfeel those songs the same way you feel jeezy ... and again all off encore ...

10:1 ratio?

Now Im not sure what exactly YOU mean by "real" songs compared to his funny songs. Our preception of REAL might be different when it comes to Em. Tome his real songs are when he is rapping how he raps. Weather its about pills, how he grew up, his adversities as an mc, his mom, his wife, shrooms, hisdaughter, incest, killing britney spears ect ect. That is his style and he does it better then anybody ever could. And I dont see how you could knock that,those are HIS stories. Weather they are true or not, he is a story teller. Same as slick rick, just different content.

With that said, LISTEN to his albums again. I was going to sit here and bold every lyrical song to his goofy songs. From Slim Shady, Marshall Mathers to TheEminem Show he has an avg of 1-3 goofy songs per cd.

I think ya'll are seriously just hatin' on dude. Whats the difference between him and gangsta rappers? They talk about shooting, stabbing, robbing,smoking weed, getting drunk. Em does the same stuff just he is more extreme with it. Jay is a Hustler. Pac was a thug and Em is the serial killer.

You cant relate?
But you can all relate to Jay when he is talkin about losing 92 bricks and gettin it all back? Pullin up in a 4.6 with is chick?Crack in his palms waitin the long arm of the law? Or Pac talkin bout murderin people in every song and screamin thug life? Or Biggie, kick in the door wavinthe 4-4? Hittin a chick who get *%@% from a playa from the New York Knicks? PLLLEAAAAAAAAAASE. Sounds like hatin to me cause yall dont live those lives. Theyall are story tellers and they are all AMAZING at what they do. Respect it.

& for the record; Biggie was just as evil as Em is.

no way he got just as many "real" songs as "comedy" songs... $%! is a comedy song anyway? that just SOUNDS DUMB!
eyes.gif

All you have to do is look as his albums tracklistings & you'll see that. The examples you're throwing out there for some of his comedy songs aresongs that have hit big on the air...how many other songs like that you know? Can you actually come through & name his less aired songs like that? Becauseif you can then you actually should realize he puts out just as many real songs.

& a "comedy" song by him is the songs you got a problem with...FYI
happy.gif

Theres 7 songs off his worst CD that have everything you need in a track

Exactly. Now go back to his album before that & even before that. He's got even more real stuff on there. Hell, take a look at all of his albums, hestill mixes in real %%$* on them. Just with the earlier ones, not as much.

id rather hear about street $**% than a chick trippin off mushrooms... or tying a rope to ur penis and jumping from a tree... its STUPID!!!

Still only naming lines from popular songs.
laugh.gif

It makes me think that's some of the only stuff you hear from him...

Eventhoguh no one claimed to relate to those songs, artists or lyrics....those topics will always strike a chord with hoods dude over rhymes about raping theirmoms and humping animals....thats for starters.

Secondly....gangsta tales and Em's off the wall stories are both the same...fiction...but just take a look back at the responses in this thread and see howdelusional some of y'all dudes sound.

Talking about his stories are believable and acting like Em ain't a calculating media mogul himself.....F_ outta...that's the definition of astan....he even made a song telling y'all not to believe the s_ and look at these repsonses 8 years later....Cats making up medical histories to explain towhy he rhymes about stupis s_.

Thats not even the point though. Everyone has their own tastes and eventhough I don't care for his music, I can't deny how ill he islyrically....all I asked was how come he can still ramble about senseless physco s_ at 35 with a couple hundred mill in the bank and people eat it up...whileevery other MC is held to and entirely different standard?

Well obviously none of relate to Em. Ionno, I just like hearing real lyricism. I'd pick listining to Em over Jeezy, Plies, or any other of these new catson 106&park anyday.

im familiar wit dudes work... dont try to pull that *$%! on ME... maybe one of these lil Ns... but ME? please...
But if you were THAT familiar with him, I think you would realize how much he does put out real songs just as much as goofy.

Just my opinion...

i didnt realize you were a gangster and hip hopistorian, of course you couldnt relate to em ... i dont even know why i argued this with you ... i apologize ...but my guess is, youve come closer to takin e than you have to choppin a brick up

Thats why I will never hold Eminem that high...

He took a +%+*%+$ gimmick and ran with it his whole career. Sure I recognize the skill but I just look past all the gimmicky and silly %@%% he's put out.

if this relapse thing comes out and its classic em, no way can he not AT LEAST be in your top 5 ... imo hes one more classic away from undisputed goat

Back
Top Bottom