How did/does it feel being the token black dude in college?

Feels good.. people automatically think you're funny/cool
Can smash a lotta white girls

I get mad when I go to a private white party and see another black dude there. :lol:

Realtalk, the very first college party I went to my freshman year, I walked in and saw some black dude surrounded by a crowd of white guys/girls chatting em up. This dude immediately spots me and he goes "Another black guy is here? Damn!" :lol:

Fast forward to now that guy is one of my good friends :pimp:

It's interesting as my school is majority white with a teeny tiny black community given the total population.

The black population as in most universities is separated between West Indians, African Americans, Africans

(we have literally less than ten Latinos, dont even think about Black Latins).

I only really associate with the West Indians and even then not frequently.  My core group is

myself, 2 whites, 2 chinese, 1 malaysian and my overall circle is mostly within the asian community (again with the west indians to the side).

The problem for me is that my novelty is in my West Indian-ness because there are a small handful of blacks all ready circulating in the asian population

and obviously unless I speak in dialect (which I only do in the presence of other West Indians or unless I am asked to which I mostly decline) they wouldn't know until

I either told them or I corrected them when they talk about being African-American.

Long story short, novelty effect has high value when revealed, otherwise not really noted.

From the urban dictionary.

"The one black guy in a group of white people who hangs out with them to make the white people look cool while in reality is with them so he can smash as many white girls as possible cuz we all know they give crazy blowjobs."

:rofl:

Great avy to post combo

That's why I went to an HBCU...
pimp.gif

But sadly...there's no way getting around it in grad...
mean.gif

Thinking back to high school...I'm not a ******g mascot at the party. 

Ok...and if you're the only black dude...the questions thrown your way such as...do you wash your hair every week?

I don't know...but how about you try asking that funny **** when I'm around my people.

Corn balls. 

Since we don't have a lot of black people out here, when I encounter another black dude, we always give each other that nod of acknowledgment
I was asking someone this last weekend.

Was in/around, Annapolis, MD. Not too many black folks walking around downtown Annapolis. We saw a group of black folks and I felt obligated to say wassup.

Do yall feel the same way?

I notice the decent-looking ones get all the white girls, while the ugly ones get made fun of.

^ I nod...even my professor in grad is a black dude who seems fairly young compared to the other professors in the department...and the first day he walked into class I gave him that nod. 

I do see it out here too all the black guys out here attract the white girls like crazy I'm in wyoming if it matters... yea n I'm pretty sure some of these white guys hang out with them to get a better chance

I do see it out here too all the black guys out here attract the white girls like crazy I'm in wyoming if it matters... yea n I'm pretty sure some of these white guys hang out with them to get a better chance

packs bags, black NT summit in Wyoming.

bhergh which part of Wyoming are u at? I'm assuming Laramie because UW is there. I'm black and I'm grew up in Casper, Wyoming and u sir speak the truth. Never did I a problem getting white girls but I didn't like putting up with extra stuff from some of their family and friends

At the white parties the white people be wanting me to dance to all the hot new songs. I be like son I grew same houses yall grew up in.... I have no rhythm either just some basic moves

It's a great feeling to have whites accept you. Just never compromise your African roots for anyone. Don't change how you dress or act just to conform to a group, NT family.

bhergh which part of Wyoming are u at? I'm assuming Laramie because UW is there. I'm black and I'm grew up in Casper, Wyoming and u sir speak the truth. Never did I a problem getting white girls but I didn't like putting up with extra stuff from some of their family and friends
yup in laramie.. but some of the girls don't look that great just almost awg.. in the summer though their might not be many people here so no nt summit needed... nt summit in socal tho?

Thread Necromancy.

This **** still sucks.

From my one year experience I've noticed you have three choices.

A) Kiss white *** (no offense)

B) Be a social exile

C) Smash the white yambs down with the BBC on the LO

I chose C.

Last edited:
Since we don't have a lot of black people out here, when I encounter another black dude, we always give each other that nod of acknowledgment
I was asking someone this last weekend.

Was in/around, Annapolis, MD. Not too many black folks walking around downtown Annapolis. We saw a group of black folks and I felt obligated to say wassup.

Do yall feel the same way?

This dates back all the way to African culture. We always greet, when we see fellow black people. Even in different countries, I've picked up the same vibe. Always greet, even when walking by and not stopping for a convo....

I've also picked up that greeting people you know isn't just a "hello how are you", its like a celebration of coming together. Thus the big smiles, overly elaborate handshakes and hugs. Even the conversation can slow down slightly, so one can actually take time to find out how you're doing etc.

Is one of the aspects I love about black and African culture....

Back
Top Bottom