How did/does it feel being the token black dude in college?

Being out at the University of Arizona as well, I can say I've gotten used to it (went to high school for 3 years out there). I still have moments in class though whenever something touches on black culture. I always get the same "you know that question is directed at you, right?" look. And don't even get me started on Greek relations between the historical black Greeks and the primarily white Greeks. The exchanges are...interesting to say the least.

Get to class early. Sit first row. Give no damns.  I am here to learn, not be your black friend.

Went to class once. Sat in my chair.

A jewish girl asked me is it true what they say about black people?

I say what.

She says that once you go black you'll need a wheelchair? :nerd:

Told her she'd have to find out :lol: >D

i can't really speak on college because my circle was pretty diverse...my junior year of high school we moved, i went from going to a predominantly blk school to a school that had like 6 other black kids in it....at first i hated it, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise son...been in love with caucasian yambs ever since :smokin

Hated it.

Had to to cut myself off from that group. Lowkey racist comments are not the biz. (I'm not one of those cats who call the race card on everything either. Dudes straight up made me feel like a robber and a thug because I wore Jordans, true story.)

Honestly i'm more comfortable around my own race :frown: |I

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom