How did you get the job your currently at?

Sell crap on ebay/amazon and their website 8hrs a day 5 days a week for $17/hr and bonuses depending on the month's sales.

Referred from a employee there.

Sell crap on ebay/amazon and their website 8hrs a day 5 days a week for $17/hr and bonuses depending on the month's sales.

Referred from a employee there.

Originally Posted by RareAirBreeds23

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Career Builders. They called me from there. I get $9.00/hour + commission, which rounds up to be about $13.00-$15.00/hour average. It's decent...

What do you do?  Did you have to go to college for it?

Car rental business. It's not bad if you know how to sell. If you dont, it's that bad.

Originally Posted by RareAirBreeds23

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Career Builders. They called me from there. I get $9.00/hour + commission, which rounds up to be about $13.00-$15.00/hour average. It's decent...

What do you do?  Did you have to go to college for it?

Car rental business. It's not bad if you know how to sell. If you dont, it's that bad.

Yeah I got fired from my sales job a couple months ago and have been out of work ever since. Savings went from looking good to barely anything. I'm in mighty need of a job.

Yeah I got fired from my sales job a couple months ago and have been out of work ever since. Savings went from looking good to barely anything. I'm in mighty need of a job.

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

Wait, you guys must not have gone to college.  All the college kids on NT believe getting a job is all about networking and who you know.  (Strangely, the people who have finished college don't say that.)

networking helps but it doesnt always work out.

i got hooked up for my first real job in a lab out of college.  i was a student assistant for that lab for my senior year...graduation time came around and they offered me a full-time position no questions asked.  i obviously accepted because there was no real way of me getting a decent job with little experience.  after working there for 2 years, my contract expired so i had to leave, but all of the experience i gained helped set me up for other opportunities.

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

Wait, you guys must not have gone to college.  All the college kids on NT believe getting a job is all about networking and who you know.  (Strangely, the people who have finished college don't say that.)

networking helps but it doesnt always work out.

i got hooked up for my first real job in a lab out of college.  i was a student assistant for that lab for my senior year...graduation time came around and they offered me a full-time position no questions asked.  i obviously accepted because there was no real way of me getting a decent job with little experience.  after working there for 2 years, my contract expired so i had to leave, but all of the experience i gained helped set me up for other opportunities.

my first job out of college i got it off the school career center website. then i got my next two off craigslist.

my first job out of college i got it off the school career center website. then i got my next two off craigslist.

Pops got Me a job. Following in his footsteps if what I want to do doesnt work out
pimp.gif

I just walked in the place. Walked up this thuggish lookin dude in a hoody who was sweepin the floor and asked him if they was hiring. Dude was like "yuuuuuuuuuuuup"Went online and called and made sure and the same dude answered the phone. I asked if they were still hiring and he said "yuuuuuuuuup" On orientation day I saw ol boy and he dapped me up asked if I had an interview. I told him that iwas there for orientation and dude was like "well damn my !%#%% look like u in here then"
laugh.gif

I just walked in the place. Walked up this thuggish lookin dude in a hoody who was sweepin the floor and asked him if they was hiring. Dude was like "yuuuuuuuuuuuup"Went online and called and made sure and the same dude answered the phone. I asked if they were still hiring and he said "yuuuuuuuuup" On orientation day I saw ol boy and he dapped me up asked if I had an interview. I told him that iwas there for orientation and dude was like "well damn my !%#%% look like u in here then"
laugh.gif

networking networking networking. that's why you go to college. i met some of the most amazing people and their parents in college, and what are you suppose to do? i networked!

networking networking networking. that's why you go to college. i met some of the most amazing people and their parents in college, and what are you suppose to do? i networked!

Back
Top Bottom