How do NY hip-hop heads feel about 'Kiss and Fab?

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Jada is top 5 D.O.A when it comes to RAPPING.

How?dudes rhyme schemes were never intricate. No alliterations. No slant rhymes. Nothing.Kiss is so overrated it's not even funny

Jada is top 5 D.O.A when it comes to RAPPING.

How?dudes rhyme schemes were never intricate. No alliterations. No slant rhymes. Nothing.Kiss is so overrated it's not even funny

Originally Posted by ninjahood

and im glad he talks about %@$* only NY cats know wassup....hell he's a NY dude.

I'm from Chicago and I understand 98.7 percent of everything he's talking about/spits G
laugh.gif

Furthermore thats not intelligent to limit your topics to just NY relevancy, you want to appeal to the masses and contrary to what you may believe NYC is not the masses... And don't try to take it ther and turn this into a NYC> ___ thing because it not about that. I know how y'all play
laugh.gif

and im glad he talks about %@$* only NY cats know wassup....hell he's a NY dude.

I'm from Chicago and I understand 98.7 percent of everything he's talking about/spits G
laugh.gif

Furthermore thats not intelligent to limit your topics to just NY relevancy, you want to appeal to the masses and contrary to what you may believe NYC is not the masses... And don't try to take it ther and turn this into a NYC> ___ thing because it not about that. I know how y'all play
laugh.gif

To me, Fab has acheived most of his potential. Dude has lines, but his flow is so forced to me. It seems like he tries to hard to be witty.

Jada could have been a legend, his skill set is up there with damn near anyone. He just put his best work on mixtapes and features, and dropped mediocre albums. His production was aiight, but nothing spectacular. He never had the mega crossover hit, either.

To me, Fab has acheived most of his potential. Dude has lines, but his flow is so forced to me. It seems like he tries to hard to be witty.

Jada could have been a legend, his skill set is up there with damn near anyone. He just put his best work on mixtapes and features, and dropped mediocre albums. His production was aiight, but nothing spectacular. He never had the mega crossover hit, either.

They're both good ( sometimes great) rappers, not everybody can be an all time great.

They're both good ( sometimes great) rappers, not everybody can be an all time great.

pssh NT opinions suck...

since when does SOUNDING da same in your raps = speaking on da same topics/touching on da same content?

do ya listen to music or ya just skim thru it?
grin.gif

if Nas would've stayed in his Esco mode he would've been da greatest rapper of all time, instead of people always trying to defend him his legacy past it was written.

pssh NT opinions suck...

since when does SOUNDING da same in your raps = speaking on da same topics/touching on da same content?

grin.gif

if Nas would've stayed in his Esco mode he would've been da greatest rapper of all time, instead of people always trying to defend him his legacy past it was written.

pssh NT opinions suck...

grin.gif

Oh the irony. Nasty Nas, Stillmatic-Untitled Nasir Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nas Escobar and thats being generous.G.
30t6p3b.gif

pssh NT opinions suck...

grin.gif

Oh the irony. Nasty Nas, Stillmatic-Untitled Nasir Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nas Escobar and thats being generous.G.
30t6p3b.gif

Fab got the complete package. That's why he's BEEN good with his sales. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon, he got the formula down packed. and those mix tapes are crack...He had joints off there playing on the radio.

Jada is top 5 D.O.A when it comes to RAPPING. Pretty much flawless. Yeah his songs are hit or miss now but you're gonna act like he didn't drop Kiss Tha Game Goodbye.

and how yo gonna say someone been spittin the same flow when you listen to a handful of songs by them (not even all the way through) and then give your opinion like your some pro. This fool TIME has NEVER listened to a Jada or Fab song in FULL. He hasn't listened to rap in like 5 years...why do you care what he thinks? That's like asking Barkley how does it feel to win a championship.
u mad?

Fab got the complete package. That's why he's BEEN good with his sales. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon, he got the formula down packed. and those mix tapes are crack...He had joints off there playing on the radio.

Jada is top 5 D.O.A when it comes to RAPPING. Pretty much flawless. Yeah his songs are hit or miss now but you're gonna act like he didn't drop Kiss Tha Game Goodbye.

and how yo gonna say someone been spittin the same flow when you listen to a handful of songs by them (not even all the way through) and then give your opinion like your some pro. This fool TIME has NEVER listened to a Jada or Fab song in FULL. He hasn't listened to rap in like 5 years...why do you care what he thinks? That's like asking Barkley how does it feel to win a championship.
u mad?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

pssh NT opinions suck...

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

how you trying to argue with me and agreeing with me at da same time
laugh.gif

we already know illmatic nas is GOAT, Esco Nas is Illmatic Nas with more money and more swag which in my opinion is >>>>>>* any other version of Nas.

i can't stand da complacent "eh w/e i know im dope..imma a album every 2-3 years and if da kids like it w/e" Nas....son lacks a serious backbone.

pssh NT opinions suck...

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

we already know illmatic nas is GOAT, Esco Nas is Illmatic Nas with more money and more swag which in my opinion is >>>>>>* any other version of Nas.

i can't stand da complacent "eh w/e i know im dope..imma a album every 2-3 years and if da kids like it w/e" Nas....son lacks a serious backbone.

So, the consnsus pretty much is that their both underachievers. As far as their talents, both dudes are sick on the mic to me. I think jada has one of the purest rap voice and personas ever. Fab is too stoic for me but, it seems to work for him. Both guys can go to toe to toe with ANY emcee IMO. But, I do wish they wouldve capitalized on their commerical success and made better albums. Fab's debut and 'kiss debut are both semi-classics in my book.

So, the consnsus pretty much is that their both underachievers. As far as their talents, both dudes are sick on the mic to me. I think jada has one of the purest rap voice and personas ever. Fab is too stoic for me but, it seems to work for him. Both guys can go to toe to toe with ANY emcee IMO. But, I do wish they wouldve capitalized on their commerical success and made better albums. Fab's debut and 'kiss debut are both semi-classics in my book.

laugh.gif

You said Esco, which in general people really didn't grasp/latch on to like that at first and he got a lot of flack from that.  As far as spitting goes that was the 2nd weakest era of him (only to Nastradamus)  He was a much better/more rounded artist in those other periods that I pointed to.  If he would been able to skip those two persona's and transferred directly from Illmatic to Stillmatic and stayed in that lane on that page he would be considered Hands Down to be the greatest.  While I still enjoyed the music, that persona hurt his legacy more than it helped him is what I was pointing out.

laugh.gif

You said Esco, which in general people really didn't grasp/latch on to like that at first and he got a lot of flack from that.  As far as spitting goes that was the 2nd weakest era of him (only to Nastradamus)  He was a much better/more rounded artist in those other periods that I pointed to.  If he would been able to skip those two persona's and transferred directly from Illmatic to Stillmatic and stayed in that lane on that page he would be considered Hands Down to be the greatest.  While I still enjoyed the music, that persona hurt his legacy more than it helped him is what I was pointing out.

laugh.gif

You said Esco, which in general people really didn't grasp/latch on to like that at first and he got a lot of flack from that.  As far as spitting go that was the 2nd weakest era of him (only to Nastradamus) 
so we gonna forget streets disciple ever existed huh?
laugh.gif

it was written Nas is arguably Rap fans and rappers alike favorite persona...his peers STILL call him esco is a testament da impact he had on da game when he Donned

that swag. and im confused how people didn't "latch on" when to this day its his greatest selling album in his catalog.

i say he would've stuck wit that (which techincally he did untill I am....was bootlegged) son would've been da man undisputed.

but back to jada...son got a LENGTHY career, and we can all thank his all purpose flow for that longevity.

laugh.gif

You said Esco, which in general people really didn't grasp/latch on to like that at first and he got a lot of flack from that.  As far as spitting go that was the 2nd weakest era of him (only to Nastradamus) 
so we gonna forget streets disciple ever existed huh?
laugh.gif

it was written Nas is arguably Rap fans and rappers alike favorite persona...his peers STILL call him esco is a testament da impact he had on da game when he Donned

that swag. and im confused how people didn't "latch on" when to this day its his greatest selling album in his catalog.

i say he would've stuck wit that (which techincally he did untill I am....was bootlegged) son would've been da man undisputed.

but back to jada...son got a LENGTHY career, and we can all thank his all purpose flow for that longevity.

They're about equal no lie.

His peer's call him that because he called himself that ala Jay Z calling himself "Hova" (which I personally have never been able to honor) or Jada calling himself "Montega" or Joe callin himself "CracK" "Loso" "Drizzy" "Weezy" "Bigavelli" "Frank White" "The Ghost" etc... Do you see where I'm going with this?

As far as it being his best selling album it also featured his best selling and most popular song featuring someone else who was on fire at the time "If I Ruled The World" with Lauryn so come on G. People bought it and were felt some type of way about it at first because it was a drastic change from Illmatic. It took people a minute to warm up to his new lane, people didn't just jump on it as soon as it hit the streets G. I'm not one of these youngin's I remember 96 vividly everything from the Penny 1's to this lp.

Yea he was swagged out crazy but that wasn't his lane as we've all seen, thats not when he's at his best, even he knew that. It Was Written produced some of my favorite records of all time (IIRTW, Black Girl Lost, The Message, I Gave You Power) but its not %*!#%%$ with Stillmatic, Untitled, and definitely not the Hiphop bible. Hell depending on how I feel about on a certain day I may just prefer to hear GodSon to it. Its still a Classic in my eyes but it wasn't the Nas that made him NAS my G.

Now y'all can carry on about Jada and Fab

Back
Top Bottom