How do you store your sneakers?

plastic ziplock bags...dont close them all the way tho...leave them in the OG box with all the tissue paper still inside...
This is what I started doing as well,

Especially after I noticed some of my retros started turning yellow after only being in the box with no paper. For example I noticed my DS 2012 Olympic 6s icy sole has already started to yellow slightly and I kept it in the box with no paper with one silica gel packet, same thing happened with a pair of DS 2011 Concord & DS 2009 Space Jam (which I expected though) 11s I recently bought, they were stored the same exact way and I know that for sure because I bought them off a friend. Since I noticed this I try to keep all of my sneakers stored in open Ziploc bags inside the original boxes with all the original paper and materials in a seperate plastic bag. I also place small .5 gram silica gel packets in most boxes especially the icy sole sneakers and I'm thinking of replacing the gel packets every once in awhile or taking them out completely after theyve done their job, I've heard good things about silica gel packets but also a lot of really bad things. A lot of reasons why I try to go thru a couple extra measures to store my sneakers is not only to keep them fresher for longer but also because I dont have enough room to store all my sneakers in a closet, basement or other dark/climate controlled area.

Thing is I have a theory that if the paper inside the box causes the sneaker to yellow quicker, then why wouldn't it be the same thing with the cardboard box too? there made of the same thing

So please EVERYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you guys do the same thing or know anybody who does this. Tell me if it was successful or a complete failure for some of the people that you know doing this or just your THOUGHTS on anything I said at all 

I store mine in the original box, tissue paper folded on the bottom and with one silica bag.

I see a lot of different comments about the silica bags and I'm not sure what to do or belive.

I store them in the original box with the paper in a ziplock bag. The boxes are stored in my closet which remains cool and dark. No issues as of yet.

Last edited:
I store mine in the original box, tissue paper folded on the bottom and with one silica bag.

I see a lot of different comments about the silica bags and I'm not sure what to do or belive.

its been working for you? I used to hear a lot of good things about silica gel packets but as of recently people have said that it actually is worse for your sneakers.
So i dont know what to believe either. I might just take the packets out of the boxes after a while and not replace them, idk yet.

Current shoes I'm feeling on shelves, rest in the basement. Rotate every 3-4 months

I could really use a 3rd or 4th shelf, I just rotate the pairs I want out from the closet onto the shelves. Picked them up from Ikea, they had white & black as options.

Last edited:
Current shoes I'm feeling on shelves, rest in the basement. Rotate every 3-4 months

clean set up man! i honestly dont like my shoes out of the box. but to each its own. i like to variety of shoes. snap the basement pic tho!:smokin

I could never have a setup like that. Dirty soles and smelly insoles all around your work space? Naw b. :lol:

Last edited:
double post. delete, sorry still getting used to the posting on here!

Last edited:
I keep my Jordan 3's (that i still wear) in my giant sneaker box, that I want to someday be buried in! haha I know there are 4's in there in the pics.

I keep the sneakers that are RIP under my bed, the ones in circulation in some purpose built shoe racks along my walls...

Can anyone recommend any clear sneaker boxes? 

(excuse the cd racks everywhere, i was having a clean up when i took the pics 
happy.gif
)

Looks dope brother!
 *OLD PIC* I have about 3 more rows of sneakers on top and 1 row on the bottom all in boxes with no paper. Beaters under my bed no box lol.
Very clean set up brother, where did you get the clear boxes from?

Last edited:

Looks dope brother!

*OLD PIC* I have about 3 more rows of sneakers on top and 1 row on the bottom all in boxes with no paper. Beaters under my bed no box lol.

Very clean set up brother, where did you get the clear boxes from?

This is very old setup but i got the boxes from the container store.

Cool, Ive seen some specially made clear boxes for sneakers from a company but its too expensive, no way Im paying that kinda money when I need 75 of them.

I take it you have had no issues with keep them in normal containers? As long as there is ventilation and they go in dry nothing can really happen to them?

Cool, Ive seen some specially made clear boxes for sneakers from a company but its too expensive, no way Im paying that kinda money when I need 75 of them.

I take it you have had no issues with keep them in normal containers? As long as there is ventilation and they go in dry nothing can really happen to them?

Even these get expensive at like 2-3$ a pop. I think they had a deal when i got mine, buy a certain amount and get it cheaper. As for the concern about the sneakers they are fine to this day still in the same containers. Nothing has happened its just like keeping it in a normal sneaker box.

Even these get expensive at like 2-3$ a pop. I think they had a deal when i got mine, buy a certain amount and get it cheaper. As for the concern about the sneakers they are fine to this day still in the same containers. Nothing has happened its just like keeping it in a normal sneaker box.
Its going to hurt spending like 200 on containers for sneakers that already have 
mean.gif

I keep my Jordan 3's (that i still wear) in my giant sneaker box, that I want to someday be buried in! haha I know there are 4's in there in the pics.

I keep the sneakers that are RIP under my bed, the ones in circulation in some purpose built shoe racks along my walls...

Can anyone recommend any clear sneaker boxes? 

(excuse the cd racks everywhere, i was having a clean up when i took the pics 
happy.gif
)
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09850874/#/S39885645

nomas nomas Repped for the organization, but more importantly for the collection of CDs. That is a lost art that isn't appreciated like it should be. That 3 box, is it custom made or can those be purchased from somewhere?

Last edited:
@nomas Repped for the organization, but more importantly for the collection of CDs. That is a lost art that isn't appreciated like it should be. That 3 box, is it custom made or can those be purchased from somewhere?
Cheers brother, I noticed after I posted the pics that I have a Nike Stab on the non Nike side which is fu*king with my OCD haha

Yeah man Im one of the werid people that still actually buy CDs! 

With regards to the Jordan box, I had it custom made, I found the dude on Instagram (His IG is @paul_imakesh*toutta_wood)

He can make any box you like Nike, Jordan, Asics, Puma etc in any size, theres abit of wait due to his business taking off, but the build quality is crazy. Im in England so the postage was only £50 as hes based in the UK, but he ships world wide.

Edit: I see that swearing is censored, his IG name doesnt have star placing the 'i' haha

Last edited:
@NYC757  

Yeah man I saw them boxes on Ikea before, I was abit concerned that they didn't have ventilation holes in them, but I guess its easy enough to drill in some holes! Im going there soon so I will check them out and make sure the sneakers fit in there ok with lid closed.

Back
Top Bottom