How do you store your sneakers?

lmao whats the point of puting them into unsealed zip locks "so they can breathe"?? Y'all are too much.

The Old Jordan Boxes Had Acidic Paper & It Was Believed To A. Cause Yellowing Of Ice Soles & B. Stain The Leather.
The Paper Used In The Boxes Today Is Non-Acidic So Its Not Necessary To Do Now A Day

I've been storing my DS collection out of the box, wrapped in Saran Wrap, bagged in 2gallon ziplock bags (de-air'd) when I got serious about collecting in 2003. When I moved to the new home last year, I keep part of my collection in my home office aka the man cave aka the BBC. I have about 4 silica gel packs randomly placed in the cabinet to help.
This Isn't Good For Your Shoes Man. The Glue, Leather, Midsoles, & Plastics Are All Gonna Dry Out & Crumble. May Not Happen Year One But It Will Happen Eventually.

You're Gonna dry Your Shoes Out.IMO Silica Packets Should Only Be Places On The Insole After Wearing The Shoes & You Sweat In Them. Even When You Do Have Them In The Shoes Leave Them Out Of The Box Over Night To Give Them A Chance To Air Our Before Placing Them Back Into Their Boxes

Don't Worry About The Paper Damaging The Sneaker, That Was A Problem In The 90's & early 2000's, The Paper Used Now Is Harmless To Your Shoes

I hope so brother, to wake up to a yellowing columbia/legend blue 11 would be a nightmare. i've also had those 6s in the box without og paper for a year now and still icey

Last edited:

Don't Worry About The Paper Damaging The Sneaker, That Was A Problem In The 90's & early 2000's, The Paper Used Now Is Harmless To Your Shoes
do you store all you're kicks in original paper and box? as well do you have any 11s that you've put through this method?

I keep mines in the box I just lay the paper flat in the box and place the shoes on top. But it does seem that shoes that are lower to the ground stay icier because i used to stack my shoe boxes and the ones that where higher up in the stack slowly started to lose their icy look but it took awhile

I keep mines in the box I just lay the paper flat in the box and place the shoes on top. But it does seem that shoes that are lower to the ground stay icier because i used to stack my shoe boxes and the ones that where higher up in the stack slowly started to lose their icy look but it took awhile
True, is you're room in the basement, main floor  or upstairs ?  I've heard of keeping them in a cool dark place, right now mine are in my basement on the floor stacked onto each there. don't need to worry about humidity since I live in Canada, at least not till June, August haha.   question, the method you suggested,  how long are you usually storing you're kicks for after you buy them?  

True, is you're room in the basement, main floor  or upstairs ?  I've heard of keeping them in a cool dark place, right now mine are in my basement on the floor stacked onto each there. don't need to worry about humidity since I live in Canada, at least not till June, August haha.   question, the method you suggested,  how long are you usually storing you're kicks for after you buy them?
Main floor and when it comes to me finally UDS it ranges between 1-5 months. But I live in Alabama so when it's the summer time it can get real humid sometimes especially at night. Southern Heat 
mean.gif

Main floor and when it comes to me finally UDS it ranges between 1-5 months. But I live in Alabama so when it's the summer time it can get real humid sometimes especially at night. Southern Heat 
mean.gif
Truee, I wish we would get more summertime up here ! we probably get 4 months if we're Lucky! of nice weather/Summertime weather. I usually keep mine DS for a year or a year and half tops. Did you scoop a pair of legend blue's for yourself ?  if so should i expect natural yellowing on these blue tinted soles ?

Last edited:
This Isn't Good For Your Shoes Man. The Glue, Leather, Midsoles, & Plastics Are All Gonna Dry Out & Crumble. May Not Happen Year One But It Will Happen Eventually.

This setup has worked for me since the early 2000's and I've had zero issues so far. Now I do unwrap the sneakers every few months for a group shot (Ridic) because I want updated pics of my Collectionè. So that could be the difference, but I immediately wrap them back up. The boxes are in one of our guest rooms taking up space in the closet because keeping them is a Must.

This setup has worked for me since the early 2000's and I've had zero issues so far. Now I do unwrap the sneakers every few months for a group shot (Ridic) because I want updated pics of my Collectionè. So that could be the difference, but I immediately wrap them back up. The boxes are in one of our guest rooms taking up space in the closet because keeping them is a Must.

But It's The Fact That You're Not Wesring Them Yet That Is Why You Haven't Had Any Problems. If You Attempt To Unds A Pair That You've Had Stored In That Manner For 10 Plus Years You Will Run Into Your Problems

LOL, why don't you keep them at your place though? No space?

i moved out of an apartment once and back home for like a month so i took them there.

I just keep like a 10 pair rotation nowadays.

When i go home ill switch out some.

I have alot of sneakers and if i had them all at my place i couldnt wear them all.

Just recently bought some 3m resealable bag from ebay for $20 20 pieces. I bought a used jordan concord lows that was stored in a 3m bag and i noticed that even after a few wear the sole is still icey. I do clean the sole after every wear tho. I also started protecting the soles and that definitely help keep it icey even after 20+ wears.. That blueish tint will turn into a slight greenish tint eventually.

Keeping The Ice Soles Clean & Dry (As Possible) Is The Key To Keeping Them Icy. The Bag Theory Will Not Help You If You Place Your Recently Worn (Sweaty In Sole & Moist Outsole) Sneaker Into A Sealed Of Package That Doesn't Let The Shoe Air Out. The Factory Box & Paper Is Perfect For Storing Sneakers , The Key Is To Allow Them To Air Out After Use Before Placing Them Back Into They're Packaging

2010 Silver Anniversary 11's Store In Og Box With OG Paper For Just About 5 Years. Countless Wears On Them With Less Then Great Maintenance (Cleaning Soles& Upper Before Storing Them Away) & They Look Pretty Good To Me. I Honesty Believe If I Took Care Of Them How I Should've From Day One Theyed Be Pristine

But It's The Fact That You're Not Wesring Them Yet That Is Why You Haven't Had Any Problems. If You Attempt To Unds A Pair That You've Had Stored In That Manner For 10 Plus Years You Will Run Into Your Problems

Yo. Who said I was gonna rock 'em? Most of my collection will ALWAYS REMAIN DS. Aside from my Space Jams that I play ball in on a weekly basis, a pair of Fire Red III's and some cascade hemp SB's that I rock on occasion...I will never wear them. "Problems" solved B...

that is exactly why I don't go to any extremes to try and keep a shoe from yellowing. in all reality, keeping them wrapped up like that with all those methods does very little to nothing. they are 100% still going to yellow in a few years. you will be doing 100x more to DRY them out and completely ruin them rather than keeping them from yellowing. That picture kind of reminds me of that show hoarders lol random bags of shoes in a cupboard

Truee, I wish we would get more summertime up here ! we probably get 4 months if we're Lucky! of nice weather/Summertime weather. I usually keep mine DS for a year or a year and half tops. Did you scoop a pair of legend blue's for yourself ?  if so should i expect natural yellowing on these blue tinted soles ?
I don't think I could do a year because i usually rotate through my kicks depending on my mood and attire. And I did grab the legend blues and yes they will yellow over time but with how you describe the area you stay in they might take a bit longer to yellow than mines will... Humidity is a killer for kicks with clear soles

I usuallly let the shoe breath and dry up up to 2 days after wear then put them on the box. I have the oreo 5 that i wore one time in the rain and until now its still have its blueish tint..

I don't think I could do a year because i usually rotate through my kicks depending on my mood and attire. And I did grab the legend blues and yes they will yellow over time but with how you describe the area you stay in they might take a bit longer to yellow than mines will... Humidity is a killer for kicks with clear soles
Yah I've heard and do you throw silica packs in you're shoe boxes?

Back
Top Bottom