How do you tell a B grade Jordan?

If this is in the wrong forum, mods please move.

Are there any ways to tell a B grade Jordan from a non B grade? Any real visual differences besides the obvious?

The B-Grade Jordan's that I have seen had scuffs on them and bad stitching &/or visible glue stains.

One of my pairs of Carmines is B grade and in a side by side comparison with a regular cdp pair you cant find a difference. Usually if one pair comes throughbad then like a certain number of shoes before and after that shpes become B grades. Thats what I have always heard.

If the shoe is a "b-grade" there will be a "B" written on the tag of atleast one of the shoes in the pair. You will definitely see the"B'...it usually takes up the whole tag

The ones with no extra markings on the size tag are B-grades. The pairs that have a "B" marked on the size tag are C-grades.

Thanks for the replies. I just picked up a pair of Military IV's (in a bigger more comfortable size), and had my doubts. But when I just compared themwith the pair that I bought from Footlocker in '06, they seem alright. Just had my doubts.

Originally Posted by marley

One of my pairs of Carmines is B grade and in a side by side comparison with a regular cdp pair you cant find a difference. Usually if one pair comes through bad then like a certain number of shoes before and after that shpes become B grades. Thats what I have always heard.
interesting. thanks for the info. i knew about b grades but didnt know how they were produced. learn somethin new all the time.

Originally Posted by s dubl

The ones with no extra markings on the size tag are B-grades. The pairs that have a "B" marked on the size tag are C-grades.
so r there no A - grades? or is this jus sarcasm towards jb's horrible qualities nowadays. hhaha.

s dubl, congrats on beating me to the witty statement that confuses people. I'd say they are closer to 'D' and 'F' though.

laugh.gif
well put

so true these days...

laugh.gif
sad, but true.

With the CDP's, theyre really are no b-grades...even if it says it. kinda..
grin.gif

that BIG OL B is usually the dead giveaway, and i think they come in an orange box too

1. Excess glue stains.
2. Shortage of glue.
3. Messed up stitching.
4. Marking on the shoes somewhere, somehow.
5. Freyed laces, torn heel tabs, etc.
6. Excess upon delivery. (Store ordered 20 pair, they got 25 pair..5 pair are B Grades, unless they are sent to a store that had a shortage upon delivery)

Just some examples. Hope it helps.

usually theres nothing wron with them

if they find a messed up shoe on the line they take out 25 shoes before and after it, meaning the chances of a b grade havin any actual probs is approx 2%

Back
Top Bottom