How Good/Bad Will the NBA Western Conference Be Next Season?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Don't know as a whole, it's too early for me to predict, but the stupid *$! Spurs will be back around making another run for a Championship. That organization is serious and good at what they do.
smh.gif
co-sign. That franchise drives me crazy. They are always able to retool every offseason

Tha west crazy fool, One minute u can b numba 1 the numba 9.....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I don't care wut nobody say spurs is tha team to beat inthe west tha lakers

Good thang my team in the east, HEATS let's get it poppin dis season...

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Ok even with out Yao the Rockets are still better than the Clippers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Clippers are just good on paper. Until they show me that they can have some team chemistry and stay healthy they will continue to be in the bottom 5 in the West. It goes to show you how dumb they were holding onto Randolph when Memphis was trying to take him off their hands on draft night.

As for New Orleans, I really see them declining next year. Its just something about that team that I don't like. Peja is getting older and slower. I guess its just all up in the air about them in terms of their frontline staying healthy. Chris Paul literally carries that entire team on his back.

Even with the injuries they still won 49 games. Tyson missed a big chunk of that season. If everything goes through as planned (Trading Antonio Danielsexpiring contract, or Peja or Tyson for a legitimate player they will be back in it. With the addition of a backup PG and SG and some FA acquisition for thefrontcourt i.e joe smith brandon bass they will be good.

GSW is gonna be so exciting to watch i hope they get the 8th seed..OKC and MEM will improve a lot ..MEM had an excellent draft I would trade Rudy Gay for abetter pg and starrt Sam Young or try to sign Ramon Sessions and make an offer to Paul Millsap

As much as I hate to say it, the lakers are the team to beat. I just hope that the spurs stay healthy throughout the season! I do not care if we end up in the7th or 8th seed as long as our 3 main guys are rested/healthy. Once we are in the playoffs, we are a different team and I know that we have a legit shot atbeating any of the top teams in the West.

West will be roughly in the same shape as last year.

If Odom and/or Ariza are gone, LA probably still gets the 1 seed but it's not guaranteed.

Denver could be strong again but unless they learn how to execute, they'll lose again in the playoffs. A 2 or 3 seed, I think, though.

I'm not convinced the Spurs will be back, I'm just not. RJ is good but not a player that puts an aging roster over the top for a championship with adominant Lakers team and a potent Nuggets team out there. Dallas is still good but I'm not sure whether or not this team has run its course. But they beatS.A. quite easily last year so who knows.

Houston can make the playoffs without Yao but only in the 7-8 spot. Utah will play the reg. season well and underachieve in the playoffs again.

OKC's not ready, New Orleans is finished no matter who's on the team - this team fell off from the 08 run big time. Portland will be back and betterbut it's time for them to start living up to the talent they have.

The Suns are a question mark - Sarver and Kerr have mismanaged this team into the ground and if/when Amare is traded, I fully expect Nash to leave viasign-and-trade to NY or free agency in 2010.

I don't mind the Suns not making the playoffs.. i just hope they try to win games. I hope Amare stays.
We're not contenders, but we can still win games, especially if STAT is center again
pimp.gif

Since I know the Suns won't do much next year, I'll be rooting for the Cavs in the finals if they can get over Boston.
Warriors in the playoffs would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xblker47

hopefully phoenix keeps Amare and they make the playoffs next year
pimp.gif

though the trade talk with the warriors are dying down, i think it's a safe thing to say that amare will def not be in a suns uni next year. there'sjust too much tension between him and the front office that's been building since the trade deadline.

i see the same 8 in the playoffs. houston will end up 8th IF they're able to resign artest.

As of right now, its the same 8.

Lakers, Spurs, Denver and maybe Portland as the top teams. Jazz/Rockets around the 5-6 seed. Mavs/Hornets as the 7-8 seeds.

If the rumor of LA getting Artest is true, then LA may not need Ariza or Odom anymore...

The Lakers will come out of the west next year and will more than likely repeat as champions.

Back
Top Bottom