How good can Tyreke Evans be?

i've been watching a lot of kings' games b/c of this dude and tonight he looks awesome. he has EVERYTHING in his repertoire to be a great scorer(penetration, midrange, 3pt, developing post game, draw fouls) and he's an unselfish playmaker.

brandon jennings may have more flash (and i think he'll be a star too). but tyreke has a chance to be a superstar.

what do y'all think?

I concur, he'll be a beast
pimp.gif

He has decent D too, He's a nightmare for other pg's to guard.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

D-Wade light.
he already has a MUCH better jumper than wade did as a rookie, and he is already putting up 20, 5, 5. dude is going to be a superstar.

He's still not going to be a PG long term, and he still has no range.

But he's very good and finding ways to score and has polished his game up a bit.

Superstar..NO. He has his limits, he is not the athlete Wade is.

couple All Star appearances, sure.

i hate the kings but i was watching this dude play and this dude got game, gotta nice little j off the dribble.

Human mismatch on offense. I've watched every Kings game and if he has guys the likes of Steve Nash, T.J Ford, Chris Duhon guarding him, he will be postingthem up EVERY single time he has the ball. His mere presence against smaller guards causes them to usually switch up the defensive matchups which opens it upfor Donte Greene, and others.

He can attack the basket at will, and he is very crafty in the paint, but he is not a high-flyer like say a Russell Westbrook. However, he is so physical healmost always draws a foul in those situations.

His weaknesses would be his jumpshot. He's either REALLY hot or REALLY cold. His decision-making is so-so in that sometimes he tries to force the offensetoo much but he has grown significantly since the start of the season.

I think when it's all said and done he will be a Superstar.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Human mismatch on offense. I've watched every Kings game and if he has guys the likes of Steve Nash, T.J Ford, Chris Duhon guarding him, he will be posting them up EVERY single time he has the ball. His mere presence against smaller guards causes them to usually switch up the defensive matchups which opens it up for Donte Greene, and others.

He can attack the basket at will, and he is very crafty in the paint, but he is not a high-flyer like say a Russell Westbrook. However, he is so physical he almost always draws a foul in those situations.

His weaknesses would be his jumpshot. He's either REALLY hot or REALLY cold. His decision-making is so-so in that sometimes he tries to force the offense too much but he has grown significantly since the start of the season.

I think when it's all said and done he will be a Superstar.
we're talking about a 20yr old rookie. he already IS a marginal all-star this year (kings to a 10-10 record, 20, 5, 5, good D). all thosethings (jumpshot, decision making...) can be improved as he gets more games under his belt.

but dude has been mad consistent since kevin martin went out. hell, he's already a better player than kevin martin ever was all-around.

^Exactly. The things he isn't necessarily as good at can be improved since he's so young. The sky is the ceiling for him and everybody in the Sac Kingsfanbase realize this and is finally excited about watching Kings basketball again.

Originally Posted by BangDak

i think he'll be better then jamal crawford, comin from a knicks fan.
dude, he already is 2x better than jamal crawford was in his prime
roll.gif

Very

Let's hope Kevin Martin doesn't slow him down. I've been a huge advocate of trading Martin for a better piece, even if what they get in returnisn't as talented.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Very

Let's hope Kevin Martin doesn't slow him down. I've been a huge advocate of trading Martin for a better piece, even if what they get in return isn't as talented.
Word. The Kings are better without him. More ball movement, better defense, and more Tyreke.

he can be a superstar

he has the kings at 8-5 since martin went down..and hes putting up numbers...hes averaging probably 20-24ppg 5-7rpg 4-6 apg since martin went down

Evans can be great. But hes kind of one of those tweeners who isnt quite a 1 and isnt quite a 2.

Back
Top Bottom