How good of a year was 2010 for Hip Hop?

Honestly the best I've heard in years and it's not even done yet. It seemed like every two to three weeks there was an amazing album to bump. I love it. And even just music in general this year has been incredible. Finally artists have realized in order to combat the internet and have people buy your actual album you have to make something worth buying. 

Biggest Surprise So Far:

george_kush_web.jpg

Favorite Retail Album/My Rapper of  The Year:

teflon-don-rick-ross.jpg

Couple gems in the first half of the year and now it seems it's really finishing strong.

Curb_Pretty_Good_Black_Shirt_175_175.jpg

Couple gems in the first half of the year and now it seems it's really finishing strong.

Curb_Pretty_Good_Black_Shirt_175_175.jpg

2010 has been GREAT.. especially the month of November.

Distant Relatives, Recovery, Thank Me Later, MOTM II, More About Nothing, .. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! and we can't forget about all these tracks Ye has been giving us EVERY friday..

And we still got My Beautiful Dark Fantasy, Pilot Talk 2, and Hunger For More 2 left.

Seeing Jay and Em at Yankee Stadium was history..
2011 is also shaping out to be a good year with J. Cole's debut album coming out, Watch The Throne, and Lasers
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Distant Relatives, Recovery, Thank Me Later, MOTM II, More About Nothing, .. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! and we can't forget about all these tracks Ye has been giving us EVERY friday..

And we still got My Beautiful Dark Fantasy, Pilot Talk 2, and Hunger For More 2 left.

2011 is also shaping out to be a good year with J. Cole's debut album coming out, Watch The Throne, and Lasers
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

eek.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

eek.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Time I was starting to like you always defending Cudi but now you're hating on Cole... not a good look
roll.gif

Time I was starting to like you always defending Cudi but now you're hating on Cole... not a good look
roll.gif

Time try not just coming into a post and being a cockboy for once...

The year was pretty wack before Kanye started with the Good Friday's & now MBDTF...

$#$* I enjoyed this year hip-hop wise:

1. All Kanye's $#$*
2. Freeway & Jake One Album The Stimulus Package
3. Drake's album grew on me, nothing amazing but a solid effort.
4. How I Got Over
4. The emergence of the BasedGod
5. Ross blowing up although I though Teflon Don was kind of weak

I'ma huge Nas fan and I know people love it on the board but Distant Relatives wasn't really my thing. Still need to listen to the J. Cole mixtape, prolly get around to that in the next couple weeks. And the Cudi album too.

Time try not just coming into a post and being a cockboy for once...

The year was pretty wack before Kanye started with the Good Friday's & now MBDTF...

$#$* I enjoyed this year hip-hop wise:

1. All Kanye's $#$*
2. Freeway & Jake One Album The Stimulus Package
3. Drake's album grew on me, nothing amazing but a solid effort.
4. How I Got Over
4. The emergence of the BasedGod
5. Ross blowing up although I though Teflon Don was kind of weak

I'ma huge Nas fan and I know people love it on the board but Distant Relatives wasn't really my thing. Still need to listen to the J. Cole mixtape, prolly get around to that in the next couple weeks. And the Cudi album too.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by awwsome

One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Calm down.

I thought it's been pretty wack minus a few albums. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by awwsome

One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Calm down.

I thought it's been pretty wack minus a few albums. 

Back
Top Bottom