How good of a year was 2010 for Hip Hop?

2010 was a pretty weak year for music IMO. there were some good albums, but besides How I Got Over, and Man on The Moon 2, there hasn't really been any hip-hop releases that have really impressed this year.

and I love how Optimus mentions a bunch of mainstream artists, and then has the nerve to say that dude only listens to the radio all in the same post.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HITMOLICKS

Yeah idk what ya'll are talkin bout.

This year was nothing special. Decent at best imo.

laugh.gif
at one of the best in my lifetime. How old are you? 10?

this right here

Originally Posted by HITMOLICKS

Yeah idk what ya'll are talkin bout.

This year was nothing special. Decent at best imo.

laugh.gif
at one of the best in my lifetime. How old are you? 10?

this right here

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

2010 has been GREAT.. especially the month of November.

Distant Relatives, Recovery, Thank Me Later, MOTM II, More About Nothing, .. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! and we can't forget about all these tracks Ye has been giving us EVERY friday..

And we still got My Beautiful Dark Fantasy, Pilot Talk 2, and Hunger For More 2 left.

Seeing Jay and Em at Yankee Stadium was history..
2011 is also shaping out to be a good year with J. Cole's debut album coming out, Watch The Throne, and Lasers
eek.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
I was just waiting for this guy to post.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

2010 has been GREAT.. especially the month of November.

Distant Relatives, Recovery, Thank Me Later, MOTM II, More About Nothing, .. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! and we can't forget about all these tracks Ye has been giving us EVERY friday..

And we still got My Beautiful Dark Fantasy, Pilot Talk 2, and Hunger For More 2 left.

Seeing Jay and Em at Yankee Stadium was history..
2011 is also shaping out to be a good year with J. Cole's debut album coming out, Watch The Throne, and Lasers
eek.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
I was just waiting for this guy to post.
laugh.gif

2010 was great for music...

Distant Relatives
Recovery
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
MOTM II
Nothing
Reflection Eternal
MM4
Slime Flu
The BOAB mixtapes

pimp.gif

2010 was great for music...

Distant Relatives
Recovery
MOTM II
Nothing
Reflection Eternal
MM4
Slime Flu
The BOAB mixtapes

pimp.gif

No, it was below average. There were a few good albums, a few good mixtapes but other than that, another bad year for Hip Hop. 
Kid Cudi, Big Boi, Eminem, Joe Budden, Kanye West, Lloyd Banks, Wu-Massacre and NaS & Damian Marley.

No, it was below average. There were a few good albums, a few good mixtapes but other than that, another bad year for Hip Hop. 
Kid Cudi, Big Boi, Eminem, Joe Budden, Kanye West, Lloyd Banks, Wu-Massacre and NaS & Damian Marley.

i aint even know. didnt check for much. wu massacre was aiight but looks like i have some hw to do

i aint even know. didnt check for much. wu massacre was aiight but looks like i have some hw to do

until ppl like lil b, soulja boy, travis porker, waka waka waka, wayne, drake and other tards are workin at walmart, it is never a good year for hip hop

the fact that lupe got a release date saves 2010 IMO

until ppl like lil b, soulja boy, travis porker, waka waka waka, wayne, drake and other tards are workin at walmart, it is never a good year for hip hop

the fact that lupe got a release date saves 2010 IMO

Overall it was a pretty mediocre year as far as hip hop is concerned but my personal highlights............

1.  Glad Eminem had a strong year.

2.  Drake put out a good album and had some good features.

3.  I got to see Jay and Em at Yankee Stadium.........the best concert I have ever been too.

4.  Bought "Decoded" yesterday, and enjoying the reading thus far.

5.  Buy the Kanye album next week just to see what all the fuss is about.  

Overall it was a pretty mediocre year as far as hip hop is concerned but my personal highlights............

1.  Glad Eminem had a strong year.

2.  Drake put out a good album and had some good features.

3.  I got to see Jay and Em at Yankee Stadium.........the best concert I have ever been too.

4.  Bought "Decoded" yesterday, and enjoying the reading thus far.

5.  Buy the Kanye album next week just to see what all the fuss is about.  

Lackluster though? C'mon y'all I think that's a bit of a stretch.  It was a solid year.  Definitely not as good as some are making it out to be, but solid.

Albums

Teflon Don
Thank Me Later
Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
Distant Relatives
Recovery
Man On the Moon II
Pilot Talk
Album of the Year
How I Got Over
24 Hour Karate School
Authenticity
The Stimulus Package

Mixtapes

Friday Night Lights
MM4
K.R.I.T. Wuz Here
Smokee Robinson
Kush & Orange Juice
More About Nothing
George Kush Da Button
Pistols & Palm Trees
Don't Mention It
O(verly) D(edicated)
Greatness Opens Doors
Inhale Pt. 3
From the Westside, With Love

Note:  These aren't necessarily my favorites from '10, just some notable releases that I could think of.  I'm sure I'm missing some.

Lackluster though? C'mon y'all I think that's a bit of a stretch.  It was a solid year.  Definitely not as good as some are making it out to be, but solid.

Albums

Teflon Don
Thank Me Later
Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
Distant Relatives
Recovery
Man On the Moon II
Pilot Talk
Album of the Year
How I Got Over
24 Hour Karate School
Authenticity
The Stimulus Package

Mixtapes

Friday Night Lights
MM4
K.R.I.T. Wuz Here
Smokee Robinson
Kush & Orange Juice
More About Nothing
George Kush Da Button
Pistols & Palm Trees
Don't Mention It
O(verly) D(edicated)
Greatness Opens Doors
Inhale Pt. 3
From the Westside, With Love

Note:  These aren't necessarily my favorites from '10, just some notable releases that I could think of.  I'm sure I'm missing some.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by awwsome

One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Calm down.

I thought it's been pretty wack minus a few albums. 

Raps been at an all time low lately. 
roll.gif
WUT?!

You fools kill me. Theres been so much incredible music released this year its UNREAL. Don't be mad that you only listen to the radio.

I'm surprised you guys like your own mothers.

I swear you must have just started listening to hip-hop this year or something. I never listen to the radio because it's absolute trash, mainly because all of your favorite artists ruin it (Drake, Wayne, Minaj etc). I've heard every worthwhile album that's been put out this entire year, there's been some great albums and songs, but not enough has happened in the year as a whole to consider it "one of the best of my lifetime". You either just started listening to music, or are just so ecstatic that Drake dropped an album that you have a permanent erection for this year.It's not even worth discussing this. You're for some reason so stuck on this year being great you won't change your mind, and I'm not gonna change my mind either because of someone on the internet is telling me otherwise.
Save me the diatribe and don't quote me then. Telling me to "calm down." Who are you?

Go make a new entry if its not that serious then.

Don't highlight my comment then once I respond your balls get tight and you start looking to talk all crazy.

Go post that loser rant, crap-%!% paragraph somewhere else since I'm "someone on the internet."
Calm down. 

Originally Posted by awwsome

One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Calm down.

I thought it's been pretty wack minus a few albums. 

Raps been at an all time low lately. 
roll.gif
WUT?!

You fools kill me. Theres been so much incredible music released this year its UNREAL. Don't be mad that you only listen to the radio.

I'm surprised you guys like your own mothers.

I swear you must have just started listening to hip-hop this year or something. I never listen to the radio because it's absolute trash, mainly because all of your favorite artists ruin it (Drake, Wayne, Minaj etc). I've heard every worthwhile album that's been put out this entire year, there's been some great albums and songs, but not enough has happened in the year as a whole to consider it "one of the best of my lifetime". You either just started listening to music, or are just so ecstatic that Drake dropped an album that you have a permanent erection for this year.It's not even worth discussing this. You're for some reason so stuck on this year being great you won't change your mind, and I'm not gonna change my mind either because of someone on the internet is telling me otherwise.
Save me the diatribe and don't quote me then. Telling me to "calm down." Who are you?

Go make a new entry if its not that serious then.

Don't highlight my comment then once I respond your balls get tight and you start looking to talk all crazy.

Go post that loser rant, crap-%!% paragraph somewhere else since I'm "someone on the internet."
Calm down. 

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

I thought it was fairly lackluster

if i only listened to hip hop, i would of gave up on it this year

bingo! spent the better part of the year delving into rock, some current but mostly classic

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

I thought it was fairly lackluster

if i only listened to hip hop, i would of gave up on it this year

bingo! spent the better part of the year delving into rock, some current but mostly classic

Back
Top Bottom